Server 2's new groove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2's new groove

In an effort to change things up a bit, the admin team has decided to reduce the player count down to 24 players, or one less squad per side. We've also disabled 3D spotting but left the mini-map and mini-map spotting turned on. This is not a hardcore server.

Remove 3D spotting disables that orange "I'm right here" icon but does not disable Q-spotting. I'll repeat that, Q-spotting still works, but not in the same way as you might be used to, you'll have to use your maps.

We would like to challenge everyone to give the server a try and provide some constructive feedback on how you feel the game play is as opposed to the other servers.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Re: Server 2's new groove

As much as I hate seeing an even lower player count compared to past BF games for this game I like it. Less spammy and a lot more options open up for tactical movements. Also conquest rounds last longer which imo is a plus.

edit: One round tonight we must of had a 5 minute squad vs squad battle over the C flag of Laguna Alta. Good stuff
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

It's a blast to play on. Very different and I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
        One round tonight we must of had a 5 minute squad vs squad battle over the C flag of Laguna Alta. Good stuff
        Definitely one of the highlights of the night and there were a lot of great games tonight.

Comment

Im definately liking it, perhaps in the (hopefully distant) future when the player numbers drop for BC2 we could see a 16 man server.... like http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...rver-idea.html

:D

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
          "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax74 View Post
            In an effort to change things up a bit...
            Not even an hour into his new reign as our sovereign leader (GO) and he's already exerting his will.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax74 View Post
              We've also disabled 3D spotting but left the mini-map and mini-map spotting turned on.
              I was wondering why spotting was apparently broken!

Also, the lower amount of players is loads better than the spam fest that is 32 players.

Comment

well.... the lower player count doesn't make me happy.

Im open to the other changes however
                |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
                sigpic
                Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

I felt like we had some really nice games on the 24 man server last night. For that reason I support the change, but hope that available spots will continue on at least 1 of the servers with the lower overall player count. Did the SM scripts go away due to incompatibility problems, or just to free up the 2 extra slots they take up?

I wondered as well about the spotting, but continued to get "assist" points, so I assumed it was a glitch on my end. I prefer it without the little orange markers as those who value teamplay, and use their maps will continue to spot either way.
                  |TG-6th|FYAH29
                  "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Hey guys just wanted to say I had a great time in this server last night. needed a break from my group. I like the current config to server. Do you guys have a Squad deathmatch server? wanted one last night but couldnt find it.

Comment

Originally posted by DjmgX(Heat) View Post
                      Do you guys have a Squad deathmatch server? wanted one last night but couldnt find it.
                      We don't but if you keep in touch with the forum you'll likely hear about events we will surely hold for that mode. It will get some play here.
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I've become spoiled by 3D spotting and thus haven't ventured on server #2 recently. I would really like to see a TG squad deathmatch server, even if it was only on fridays or something like that.

Comment

While the idea of mixing it up is nice this server has since become a veritable ghost town, with #1 still having a 2 month waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubb View Post
                            While the idea of mixing it up is nice this server has since become a veritable ghost town, with #1 still having a 2 month waiting list.
                            That's because the SM script is working for it #1, so all the SM's flock there because they don't have to worry about a slot.

This in turn leads folks to want to go to server 1 because it's so highly populated and will likely have the kind of gameplay people who like TG are looking for.

The fact the search feature has been totally busted in the recent patch doesn't help matters much either.

Server #3 still has a pretty solid population during peak times, but isn't always 100% full, so come join us on HC :)

Comment

The population on s2 died down before the SM scrip testing was reimplemented.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X