What's your favorite RPG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite RPG?

Ok then, which one's your favorite and why?

I like the Gustav because of it's speed and maneuverability (when locked onto a tracer). It has less of an arc than the RPG-7 and doesn't suck as much against armor as people say.

But the best part for me is the scope, it has nice graduations and they are useful for taking down choppers (lots of fun).

Oh, does anyone know weather the RPG-7 or the AT4 does more damage to armor?

Re: What's your favorite RPG?

I prefer the RPG-7. Can hit tanks, infantry and is just all-around awesome :D

Comment

I like the Gustav since it handles multiple roles, fires accurately, and moves quickly. Tank? Guy in building? Guy on machine gun turret? Guy in open? Guy all the way across the map? Chopper? No problem!

If I am allowed to bring AT mines into the conversation, they would be my favorite, especially on Panama Canal. Nothing else destroys armor with such ruthless efficiency. No need to worry about engineers repairing the tank that you seem to be the only one shooting.

AT4 does more damage against armor compared to the RPG. 2 hits to the side of a tank compared to 3 for the RPG if I remember right.
      aka spartan421
      Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

AT4 against ground vehicles. It is insanely powerful if you are hitting in the sides or rear. Versus helos, the Gustav is best. It's too weak against armor to justify trying to use it for that role. If you've got nothing else to shoot that tank with, I guess you should use your Gustav, but it's pointless to carry it around as an anti-tank weapon.

The RPG is a fine against armor if you don't like exposing yourself, but it still feels like a pea shooter compared to the AT4.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

My geek stripes are showing -- I fully expected this thread to be about our favourite role-playing game. The only question I had was whether we were talking about computer or table-top ones :)

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
          --BlackMirror
          <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
          Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
          --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
            My geek stripes are showing -- I fully expected this thread to be about our favourite role-playing game. The only question I had was whether we were talking about computer or table-top ones :)
            Reading the section of the forum where the thread was created helps :D

Comment

Fine, if you want to be a nitpicking pedant, I expected the link to actually lead to a 404 error as this thread gets moved to the Sandbox.

Incidentally, my preference is for the Gustav because of the greater splash damage. The RPG-7 is very much an AT weapon, and has very limited usefulness against other targets. Of course on rush maps, the added direct impact damage makes it the preferred option for taking out MCOMs, but that's a very limited-use scenario.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
              --BlackMirror
              <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
              Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
              --Blackraven93

Comment

I think the CG is the way to go - improved demo capability and better against infantry. As far as number of hits to knock out armor is conerned, it shouldn't matter. Every piece of armor should be tracered within seconds of it getting into the open and a rain of rockets should be falling on it soon after. IMO that should be the primary duty of every AT on the map - to constantly be on the look out for tracered vehicles.

Comment

I usually pick the RPG-7, if there will be a lot of armor and the CG, if there will be none or only one, though I rarely play engineer anymore in this situation, because of the lack of support I can provide, when I can't repair vehicles. I rather have smoke, ammo crates, heals, revivies, motion balls and so on which help my team.
                  Only exception is this one conquest map with a lot of tanks and no helos (forgot the name). I usually have my mines with me on that map, because it's hard for those tanks to avoid them.

Alyazir

Comment

I find the AT4 to be a tad slow. But I guess I'll try it next time I hop on. Usually I pack the RPG-7, so maybe the AT4 will be a good change of pace.

Comment

Me too. LOL! I was thinking, "this is a wierd place to post this toopic"!?!?!!?
                      |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

hmmmm.....I would have to say any RPG that doesn't hit me is my favorite.
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

It depends on the map. On maps with multiple armored vehicles you would be best served with the AT4; otherwise, its all about the Gustav.

Comment

M136 AT4 because I actually use mine for anti-tank and also as a form of bunker defeat munition. That's all I use it for, to me there's no point in running around with a CG or RPG on a map which contains no armor can anyone say 40MIKE MIKE?
                            Sorry I only play Hardcore!

Pain and suffering are inevitable, misery is not!

Comment

Haha, me too, I was just getting ready to launch into my fanboy speech on why everyone should play Mass Effect (you really should, everyone!)

On the actual topic, I like the Carl Gustav because it seems more versatile - I don't know about actual weapon stats (nasty things, they are), but it feels better to use against infantry than the RPG7, and doesn't feel much worse than the RPG7 against armour. I don't yet have the AT4 but from what I've heard it's slower/less effective against infantry.
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X