6 core cpu make gpu the bottleneck in Battlefield Bad Company 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 core cpu make gpu the bottleneck in Battlefield Bad Company 2

I found this review on the new 6 core cpus from AMD and I thought anyone playing this game should know that according to this article and its subsequent benchmark proof, the 6 core cpu makes the gpu the bottleneck for performance.

The reason I put this hardware info in this section is because it is specifically pertinent to this game.

Re: 6 core cpu make gpu the bottleneck in Battlefield Bad Company 2

I play with an e8500 wolfdale core 2 duo. at 3.16 mhz. cpu usage on both cores is 100% during gameplay. I can change the AA from 0 to 4 on My ati 4850 and not notice any performance problems. Makes me think this game is very cpu dependent.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This game does not appear to be cpu dependent at all. I have an intel i7 860 quad core @2.8 and ingame max everything my processor sits around 30%
      2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
      BC2: |TG| Wesb2
      BF3: Wesb23

Comment

Originally posted by wesb2 View Post
        This game does not appear to be cpu dependent at all. I have an intel i7 860 quad core @2.8 and ingame max everything my processor sits around 30%
        All the cores are at 30% ? That's impressive. Far more of performance leap over my top end core2duo than I expected. Multithreaded gaming is a reality finally.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My understanding of the article is that as the GPU's start to improve, then the experience will improve exponentially because more and more of the processor will be used in game. Any thoughts?

Comment

You always have diminishing returns, not exponential returns.

Comment

I was running a dual core 3.2 and a 275GTX. I was getting under 40 FPS on all lows and my ping was over 260. I am now running a quad 3.2 with the same 275GTX and was getting over 200 FPS on lows, now that I moved the settings up to mediums and highs I get 80-130 and my ping is around 130. I would say it made a huge difference.
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed