Imagine a world with no unlocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine a world with no unlocks

All the players without their buddy carl. No M60 among us. Imagine players having to get a line of sight with their RPG's on targets without tracers! The mortar strikes cease and the medic squad revive machine is no more. Imagine all players on an equal and skill based playing field.

Well it is not a dream, I lived it tonight as the servers were bugged and nobody but like 1 person had any unlocks. It was the most fun I have had in this game since the Beta and it made the game just so much more fun for me. It reminded me of the magic this game had back during the beta days. I know the next time I log in all those unlocks will be back but at least for tonight the game was at its best and most fun.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Re: Imagine a world with no unlocks

I respect your opinion, but having no unlocks that would put a major damper in my enjoyment of the game as the freedom to choose which assault rifle or LMG or SMG to use is one of the major reasons why I like this game.

Comment

So um, it was basically PR with smaller maps?

Comment

No unlocks?

So no shotguns. No defibs. No optics. No mines. No C4. No mortar strike. No Thompson, No M14. Just AEK971, M24, PKM, and 9A91. Oh and the M9 pistol.

If there was a true stock weapon loadout, like BF2 had, where each side had their own guns, that would be one thing. BC2 without unlocks is, IMO, a poorer game. The unlocks really are a necessary part of the game, that's why they made them so easy to get. Especially since things like the repair tool and ammohub and defib are unlocks.

Comment

IŽd like to see more unlocks. That, or they should have been harder to obtain, you had all the unlocks at about rank 25. When I rank up I want a reward!
          I want anti personnel mines as an unlock, I really miss those from 2142.
          sigpic

Comment

I agree with general alvin, I think that you should only get all unlocks once you're level 50. The same way 2142 was set up.
            2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
            BC2: |TG| Wesb2
            BF3: Wesb23

Comment

I agree that variety is a good thing. However a lot of the unlocks break down into just a few weapons used or a few perks used which are over powered, especially against newer players (FYI I have all unlocks so it is not an issue for me). Playing on vehicle maps without the tracer dart was REALLY fun! When we got into urban areas, and half the kills were not from Carl and the other half not from M60's, it was like a whole new game.

To me what I saw was that at the basic level this game is great but some unlocks ruin the game since DICE did not do a good job making all the weapons appealing and making a few over powered. The latest patch certainly has made things a little better but (in the tracers case worse) it still has a long way to go. IMO when you do unlocks they should not be 'better' weapons but rather alternative weapons with different strengths and weaknesses so you can choose them on the situation at hand your play style; not just choosing which is the best. And medics should NEVER have heavy MG's. Again, all my opinion but last nights games without the unlocks were awesome even if a few key unlocks were sacrificed.
              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                IŽd like to see more unlocks. That, or they should have been harder to obtain, you had all the unlocks at about rank 25. When I rank up I want a reward!
                I want anti personnel mines as an unlock, I really miss those from 2142.
                How awesome would AP mines be in all of the buildings - tops of stairs, ladders, around corners, etc.

It wouldn't take long for guys to be complaining about them.

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
                  It wouldn't take long for guys to be complaining about them.
                  and with FF on most of the complaints would come from TKs I'm venturing

Comment

I love Claymores. Just make them command detonated, like they are in real life. They'd be great for guarding a crate or a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by britt View Post
                      i love claymores. Just make them command detonated, like they are in real life. They'd be great for guarding a crate or a flag.
                      c4?
                      Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                        c4?
                        Make them longer range. Make them not damage crate. Make them do no damage to armored vehicles. You know, the way they actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                          I love Claymores. Just make them command detonated, like they are in real life. They'd be great for guarding a crate or a flag.
                          I agree, I think claymores would be a good unlock.. Make people think twice before just bum rushing a house.

My Videos and crap lol http://www.youtube.com/user/DaLoner88#g/u

Comment

I think BC2 lacks the overall class balance of 2142. I spent a lot of time as assault, recon and support in 2142, not so much sniper and engineer but I did spend time in those, too. At least I played a variety of classes. In BC2 I find no reason to be anything but a medic and now that I have maxed my medic I see no reason to play. I find nothing intriguing about all the other BC2 classes. Unlock weapons should be better but not orders of magnitude better than starters. There is also too much reliance on primary weapons in BC2. 2142 focused on 2 weapons per class if I recall correctly and the rest of the class unlocks were generally equally useful under different circumstances.
                            LawnDart

The second mouse gets the cheese

Comment

Originally posted by lawndartleo View Post
                              I think BC2 lacks the overall class balance of 2142. I spent a lot of time as assault, recon and support in 2142, not so much sniper and engineer but I did spend time in those, too. At least I played a variety of classes. In BC2 I find no reason to be anything but a medic and now that I have maxed my medic I see no reason to play. I find nothing intriguing about all the other BC2 classes. Unlock weapons should be better but not orders of magnitude better than starters. There is also too much reliance on primary weapons in BC2. 2142 focused on 2 weapons per class if I recall correctly and the rest of the class unlocks were generally equally useful under different circumstances.
                              I have to absolutely disagree with you. 2142 did not have good class balance. When 90% of game situations are best handled with a medic with defib and PK rockets, you don't have a good balance. 2142 was great, but kit balance was not one of its strong suits. One of BC2's best features is its kit balance, all of them having an important role to play, and all being necessary to win.

Primary weapons are, by their very nature, the most powerful weapons in your loadout. I don't remember many kits in 2142 having powerful secondary weapons, with the obvious exception of the PK rockets. BC2 does have the CG, which I think most would agree qualifies as a powerful second weapon (or is the engi carbine the powerful second weapon?) The pistols in BC2 are very nice, much more useful then the ones in 2142.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X