The Mortar Strike blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mortar Strike blues

So I've stayed away from the Recon kit for the most part until recently. But given that it's my last kit to load out fully, it's time to start using it more.

I've really started to get into the mortar strike - it's a devastating asset when used correctly, particularly on Rush maps where guys seem to cluster much more than Conquest.

But I've found one little problem with it - you have to be very careful when designating your target. I'm playing Valpariso last night and the US team is up on the hillside firing down on the first set of MCOMs. I'm starting to drool a bit in anticipation of a hugely successful strike on the oncoming bad guys. I designate my target and sit back to watch the devastation. Next thing I know I've got 60 mike mike dropping all around my position, TKing my teamates and I barely escape with my life.

Apparently instead of designating the hillside where the bad guys were, I designated a leaf or a branch that was right in front of my position providing me cover. The mortar strike blues.

Re: The Mortar Strike blues

Yeah I've found this as well. It's a bugger to aim it properly sometimes or if you're in cover you have to leave it just to make sure the mortar will be on target.

Comment

Yea you need to make sure that nothing covers the red square while arming it, happened to me a few times before i reaslised why

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
      "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Just wait until you are like 1 second away from the designation and your buddy runs in front of you and resets it............mortar strike blues.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Whats really fun is when you are hiding in a house behind the opposing team on a rush map and they don't notice you. You find there armor and drop a mortar 5 yards behind it effectively killing all of it's repairing engis and, since everyone in armor usually back up when hit by a mortar, killing the vehicle itself as well. :)

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
            Whats really fun is when you are hiding in a house behind the opposing team on a rush map and they don't notice you. You find there armor and drop a mortar 5 yards behind it effectively killing all of it's repairing engis and, since everyone in armor usually back up when hit by a mortar, killing the vehicle itself as well. :)
            Ooh, that's especially nasty. Will have to remember that.

It's kind of a timing thing that you have to judge, but on rush maps I've gotten a ton of kills as the attackers move up (2nd set of mcoms on Valpariso is a good example). You know they've got to come through that hollow so just wait a few seconds, target the ground in that area, pull up your sniper scope and watch the show.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X