Using only army specific weapons in rounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using only army specific weapons in rounds

So I was thinking of some ways to mix things up a bit and keep them interesting and the idea occurred to me about having a night where you can only use the weapons fielded by your specific army. Besides, I've always been kind of annoyed that you have Russians running around M60s and Americans loaded out with RPGs (not saying it doesn't happen in reality, but it's pretty rare).

On assault for example, the US forces could only use the M416, M16, and XM8; while the Russian forces can only use the AEK and the AN94. For engineer, the Russians would be limited to the RPG. etc.

Also, some of the weapons would be unusable by either force (Type 88 for example since it's Chinese).

I just think that it could be kind of interesting and a way to ensure that 98% of any given class isn't running around with the exact same weapon loadout.

Re: Using only army specific weapons in rounds

Not a bad idea but it would violate EA's rule regarding limiting weapons on servers....

Comment

Originally posted by Slurm_Cola View Post
      Not a bad idea but it would violate EA's rule regarding limiting weapons on servers....
      I think he's talking about a gentleman's agreement type deal, just for fun. I miss having weapons for each side, I always liked it when you could tell by gunfire if an enemy was shooting.

Comment

This sounds like a fun idea....I'm game
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

This would be awesome. I'm in.
          "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those that do not..."
          -Thomas Jefferson-
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
            I think he's talking about a gentleman's agreement type deal, just for fun. I miss having weapons for each side, I always liked it when you could tell by gunfire if an enemy was shooting.
            I miss being able to distinguish friend/foe gunfire too. But I gotta admit, it was frustrating at times being stuck on the side whose gun you preferred less.

Comment

U.S. limited to the AT4 with the engie class? Would be tough.

Comment

I am also a fan of each side ONLY using the weapons special to them unless they take it off a dead foe. Sure balance is harder but it CAN be done and Dice took the easy way out IMO.

I totally dig the idea of using only weapons your side would really use for a gimmick night or something. AT will be the hardest to balance but all the other classes work pretty good.
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

only problem i have with this is I dont have all the weapons unlocked...so cant make use of the m4 etc

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                  So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

This sounds very cool..

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Yeah, someone is going to have to make me a list of which weapons go with which army....I don't keep up on that :)
                      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

US could use

XM8, M416, M16A2, SAW, M60, XM8LMG, SCAR-L, XM8C, M24, M95, M9, 1911, 870, Thompson, M1 Garand, M14, AT4

Russia could use

AEk971, AN94, 9A91, AKSU, PP2000, PKM, SV98, SVU, VSS, Saiga, MP443, MP412, RPG7

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                          US could use

XM8, M416, M16A2, SAW, M60, XM8LMG, SCAR-L, XM8C, M24, M95, M9, 1911, 870, Thompson, M1 Garand, M14, AT4

Russia could use

AEk971, AN94, 9A91, AKSU, PP2000, PKM, SV98, SVU, VSS, Saiga, MP443, MP412, RPG7
                          Engis never fear, the US could also use the Carl Gustav:

"The Carl Gustaf (also Carl-Gustaf and M2CG; pronounced "Carl Gustav") is the common name for the 84 mm man-portable multi-role recoilless rifle produced by Saab Bofors Dynamics (formerly Bofors Anti-Armour AB) in Sweden. The first prototype of the Carl Gustaf was produced in 1946, and while similar weapons of the era have generally disappeared, the Carl Gustaf remains in widespread use today. British troops refer to it as the Charlie G, while Canadian troops often refer to it as the 84 or Carl G. In US service it is officially known as the RAWS or Ranger Antitank Weapons System, but often called the Gustav, the goose or simply the Carl Johnson by US soldiers." Wiki

Actually, I kind of like the nickname "the goose" - we should start using that.

Comment

If you do this, just have a gentlemans agreement for the matches: No CG. That way, it's not so asymmetric.
                            Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X