Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 on A Atacama Desert 2 stage

this is not a TG way
    to many TG people (names edit) are useing this glitch on the second stage to take down A with C4 with out blowing open the door

my self i feel this is totally unTG the people that are doing it are great players and i love to play with them

but this has to be said if you can't paly the game the way its made to be played maybe you should not be here
    TG is about being better then evryone else, in team play and the way we play it

just becaue you can do it does not mean you should

nuff said

Re: C4 on A Atacama Desert 2 stage

I did not know this map had a RUSH mode. I have seen a lot of times where MCOMs go from full health to exploded in what appeared to be something fishy but this has been on just about any map and I have been convinced there is a glitch to take them down super fast. Not sure what exactly is going on here but I agree that using glitches is not the TG way. In fact many things have come up about Bad Co 2 that people are doing that is not in the spirit of the TG way, hopefully it is not a trend. Things are much better than they were during those first couple weeks at least.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I'm confused. Blast damage propagates through barriers -- this is true of all weapons, and is clearly by design. Why should the MCOMs be an exception to this rule?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
      --BlackMirror
      <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
      Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
      --Blackraven93

Comment

All explosive damage bleeds through all cover -- in this game and in real life. What stands on the other side of the cover is irrelevant: be it infantry, vehicles, or an MCOM.

Read here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...obstacles.html

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
          All explosive damage bleeds through all cover -- in this game and in real life. What stands on the other side of the cover is irrelevant: be it infantry, vehicles, or an MCOM.

Read here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...obstacles.html
          I see your point, but do you really believe that this is the way the game was designed? It just seems to me that a lot of people are pushing the boundaries of what |TG| is all about. Just because you discover something in an empty server doesn't mean it's not an exploit. That is usually how exploits are discovered. What if I "discovered" that You could crash a Blackhawk into and objective on Valparaso? Would that be an appropriate thing to do in a |TG| server? Also, IMO if that was the way it should be done, the blast damage would destroy the floor where you placed the C4.
          Last edited by bxmedic; 05-12-2010, 12:59 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by bxmedic View Post
            I see your point, but do you really believe that this is the way the game was designed?
            Yes, because it's true for other types of damage, against other types of cover, and is introduced in this game, whereas it wasn't in the previous BF games.

It just seems to me that a lot of people are pushing the boundaries of what |TG| is all about.
            Does it incite more teamwork or less of it? Does it exploit the engine or provide for better tactics?
            For one, I am sure it's not a glitch. Destructible cover and bleeding damage is a huge point of the Frostbite engine.
            Does it incite teamwork? I think it does.
            Piling 5 medics into the Alpha MCOM isn't teamwork to me: it's simple brute force. Asking the defenders to properly defend their objective is important. If, in real life, a bunch of soldiers were sitting in a bunker -- would you want to enter it with guns blazing?
            Of course not. Throw a grenade inside, or strap some C4 on it and blow it open.
            The idea is the same here. A proper defense of the MCOM is required.

How hard is it to counter this? A single recon ball will detect enemy soldiers on the MCOM. You literally need to be 3 meters away from the MCOM to C4 it like this -- if the defenders can muster a 3-meter radius defense on a map spanning hundreds of meters, then there's not much talking about tactics.

My point is simple -- this incites a proper defense, and it utilizes tactics that would used in real life against covered/protected objectives.

Edit: This is Arica Harbor we're talking about, not Atacama Desert.

Comment

but do you really believe that this is the way the game was designed? It just seems to me that a lot of people are pushing the boundaries of what |TG| is all about. Just because you discover something in an empty server doesn't mean it's not an exploit. That is usually how exploits are discovered. What if I "discovered" that You could crash a Blackhawk into and objective on Valparaso? Would that be an appropriate thing to do in a |TG| server? Also, IMO if that was the way it should be done, the blast damage would destroy the floor where you placed the C4.
              It's not a matter of belief; this *is* the way the game was designed. To me, exploits mean using game engine flaws and gaps to gain an unfair advantage. The bleed-through is clearly part of the original design intent, but you are expecting a few specific situations to be treated differently. Why?

I don't agree that this gives an *unfair* advantage, any more than the infinite tickets for the defender side gives them one. In most situations, placing the C4 involves standing in a wide-open area, exposed to defender fire. The only thing the defenders have to worry about now is another potential avenue of attack. Plenty of other MCOMs have more than one possible avenue of approach.

Just because you discover something that no one else has thought about does not automatically make it an exploit. I don't believe this violates the TG spirit in any way.

Edit Damn it, Zho, stop copying what I'm saying before I say it!

--BlackMirror
              <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
              --Blackraven93

Comment

All explosive damage bleeds through all cover -- in this game and in real life. What stands on the other side of the cover is irrelevant: be it infantry, vehicles, or an MCOM. Read here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...obstacles.html
                This is true, but it doesn´t work like that in this case, the damage bleeding through the roof only affects the mcom. I just tried this on an empty server, If I throw down six C4 on the roof, then enter the garage and position myself on the mcom and blow the C4, the mcom takes a hit but I am unaffected. If someone has different results testing this, please let me know I have been wrong before.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                  This is true, but it doesn´t work like that in this case, the damage bleeding through the roof only affects the mcom. I just tried this on an empty server, If I throw down six C4 on the roof, then enter the garage and position myself on the mcom and blow the C4, the mcom takes a hit but I am unaffected. If someone has different results testing this, please let me know I have been wrong before.
                  This is why I say it's an exploit. The C4 does nothing to the floor/ roof that it's placed on. If I placed 6- 12 packs of C4 on the floor above my garage, the car below would be blown up, but I would no longer have a floor.
                  However, I guess if Admin says it's ok then this'll be my last glass of whine on the subject.

Comment

man I am a little torn here, I have never done what is in the video but I have C4'd objectives.....seems a bit fishy that the player takes no damage? that points towards a glitch.....whats an admins take on this?
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Totally an exploit. Especially when the player takes no damage and no markings are left on the floor creating a hole.
                      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                        Totally an exploit. Especially when the player takes no damage and no markings are left on the floor creating a hole.
                        The problem is that the floors of houses are excluded from the Frostbite engine; they are not destructible. So they behave very unphysically. That a soldier does not get hurt by C4 2 metres above him is a result of this behaviour. Im not sure whether this is volitional or it is an exploit.

Comment

Piling 5 medics into the Alpha MCOM isn't teamwork to me: it's simple brute force.
                          So admittedly you're not using teamwork to achieve the objective, just brute force?

Asking the defenders to properly defend their objective is important. If, in real life, a bunch of soldiers were sitting in a bunker -- would you want to enter it with guns blazing?
                          Of course not. Throw a grenade inside, or strap some C4 on it and blow it open.
                          The idea is the same here. A proper defense of the MCOM is required.
                          The problem is, in the game, when you do this the ceiling where the MCOM is, does not blow open, it remains intact. If the building came down on it and destroyed it, great, fair play, that's not what happens here.

How hard is it to counter this? A single recon ball will detect enemy soldiers on the MCOM. You literally need to be 3 meters away from the MCOM to C4 it like this -- if the defenders can muster a 3-meter radius defense on a map spanning hundreds of meters, then there's not much talking about tactics.

My point is simple -- this incites a proper defense, and it utilizes tactics that would used in real life against covered/protected objectives.
                          Anything is fair game then, as long as it forces the defenders to defend properly? I was playing when this occurred last night, when I saw our objective was being attacked, I went down to the doors in an attempt to disarm the objective, assuming since it was being attacked and the only way to reach the objective is through the garage doors (something I only found out two days ago--previously I had been running in circles trying to find that MCOM, didn't realize it was behind garage doors) only to find they were still in tact. How can you defend a tactic that doesn't even allow you physical access to the MCOM? During the beta, wasn't the strength of the MCOM increased to discourage C4 attacks on them? To me this points to the design of the game is to arm, then destroy the MCOM, blowing the MCOM through C4 or rockets wasn't the intent, if it was, why can't the MCOM be repaired?
                          Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
                            So admittedly you're not using teamwork to achieve the objective, just brute force?
                            I know it wasn't me you were quoting, Catman, but I'm confused. How are you getting from point A to point B here?

I was playing when this occurred last night, when I saw our objective was being attacked, I went down to the doors in an attempt to disarm the objective, assuming since it was being attacked and the only way to reach the objective is through the garage doors (something I only found out two days ago--previously I had been running in circles trying to find that MCOM, didn't realize it was behind garage doors) only to find they were still in tact. How can you defend a tactic that doesn't even allow you physical access to the MCOM?
                            I think this is your inexperience with the situation showing; the MCOM will flash briefly when damaged. If you see the doors have not been breached, that also means no one from the Blue team has gotten inside to arm it. Besides, the defenders have 40mm grenades, same as the attackers. You could've gotten the garage opened.

To me this points to the design of the game is to arm, then destroy the MCOM, blowing the MCOM through C4 or rockets wasn't the intent, if it was, why can't the MCOM be repaired?
                            I wasn't in the beta, so I can't comment on that, but I would remind you that it was a *beta.* (actually, I thought the beta was limited to squad deathmatch...) I would also suggest that the reason the MCOMs cannot be repaired is the same reason there are indestructible barriers on the maps -- which annoys me to no end -- for game balance. It's not a great solution, but it's the one the developers went with.

All that said, I'm now torn, due to Alvin's demonstration. If damage bleeds through barriers *only* for the MCOM, that changes the picture completely. Maybe we should test this with a vehicle to see if the exception is the MCOM, or the soldier.

--BlackMirror
                            --Blackraven93

Comment

If I placed 6- 12 packs of C4 on the floor above my garage, the car below would be blown up, but I would no longer have a floor.
                              I believe you're incorrect. The floor would remain intact, just like in the game (it's not part of the Frostbite engine either, after all).
                              Would you please perform the experiment and report back? :)

--BlackMirror
                              --Blackraven93

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X