Aoutbalance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aoutbalance?

Since we started with autobalance on the first server whole squads keeps getting switched from one side 2 the other between and during rounds screwing up the TS channels so that no one knows what channel they belong to.

Is this a glitch or something autobalance is supposed to do? As soon as one side gets low on players the game scrambles around and and we spend the first 3-4 minutes of every game to try and get everyone in the right channel again witch is hard since some still can't alt-tab out from the game. And I feel it's even harder to keep the rounds balanced now..
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Re: Aoutbalance?

How it works
    There is an autobalancer built into the game. It is active for Conquest and Rush gamemodes. It can be enabled/disabled through vars.teamBalance.
    The autobalancer waits until there difference between number of players in both teams is 2 or greater.

After 20 seconds, a warning is sent.
    After 40 seconds, players not in squads will be moved.
    After 60 seconds, full squads will be moved.
    After 150 seconds, squads will be forcefully split to even out the teams.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I actually like this method. BF2 would just switch the first person to die after autobalance was initiated, even if you were in a squad or even a squad leader.

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
        After 40 seconds, players not in squads will be moved.
        So that explains why I've been moved right after joining the server but have not yet chosen my squad.

Comment

I must say this "Aoutbalance" (ohhhh Swedes...) does get very annoying. I ended up once having my pubbie squad and I swapped to the other team and since the other three were not in TS I never noticed at first. I was quite surprised when I announced on TS that I was putting c4 on mcom B to suddenly see a flood of enemies running into recon ball range to utterly obliterate my poor virtual body. Needless to say this quite annoying, and if this were to remain active I hope that something could be set in place (ex: a message in the center of the screen saying that I am being switched) so that I could have a heads up before hand. I do not know if this is possible however due to script reasons.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Try Alt+Enter Abel, I can't Alt+Tab anymore either but Alt+Enter works for me now.

Comment

I wish there was a party option (Aka MW2) so I could play with certain people and be in their squad automatically.

Comment

I would also like a big option in the center of the screen telling me that I was switched. It happened to me last night and I no idea.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Last night one person in our team got switched, but he was so adamant that the TS channel he was in was now the attacking one that a poor admin had to move everyone else around. If you are moved through autobalance itīs up to you to switch TS channel, not everyone else.

So, yes, I agree with Abel, itīs harder to keep the rounds balanced now and since this is TG and we are aware of balancing the teams, I personally think autobalance should be turned off on our servers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X