Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit about "squad leaders" -- maybe evolving into an SOP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit about "squad leaders" -- maybe evolving into an SOP?

1. Find TeamSpeak, join the right server/team channel.
    2. Speak "Zho starting a teamwork squad in Hotel, join up if you're interested"
    3. Zho is now the SL of Hotel ... calling in kits / assigning objectives and making sure the squad sticks to what they're supposed to be doing.

Is this a good idea? Would you be willing to try it out?

Re: A bit about "squad leaders" -- maybe evolving into an SOP?

I'd be willing to try it out. It might be a good idea for someone in each squad to take the reins, so to speak. And try to keep chatter of non-SL's to a minimum.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Some math. Full server = 32 players, yes? 32 players = 16 to a side. 16 players = 4 squads (minimum).

So now the question is, can someone distinguish from up to (or more than) four point sources in TS giving instructions and barking out orders? Granted, Zho, your voice is pretty unique in it's tonal qualities, but can we say the same for everyone else?

What about when people join or leave? Do we have to do this or something similar at the start of rounds or as players come and go?

Sorry, Zho, not trying to shoot you down here, but I see some difficulties implementing this at least from the paper side of things. Maybe it'd be easier in TS itself, but I'm not sure.

(Edit: Something else. What about people who are giving information, such as enemy location, ammo or health status, and so on? That would definitely increase the number of point sources present in TS.)

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

I'd try it out.
        |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

I do not think it is worth that much effort with team wide voip. if even a few sls tried this it would be chaos on voip. There needs to be lots of unspoken SOPs on kit loadout and formations if a squad is going to work together beyond using each other as spawnpoints and rely on team voip. The only time I find it even useful is playing conquest when I tell my squad to hang back at a specific flag or waypoint. This is rare and can be done with teamwide voip.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So now the question is, can someone distinguish from up to (or more than) four point sources in TS giving instructions and barking out orders? Granted, Zho, your voice is pretty unique in it's tonal qualities, but can we say the same for everyone else?
            I'm a pilot (privately, not professionally) and I've witnessed dozens of aircraft using a single channel without confusion--military comm chatter works in a similar fashion. It can easily be done if everybody in the channel understands and adheres to a particular methodology (i.e. attaching callsigns to a particular transmission format).

Actually implementing that methodology is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by akhbhaat View Post
              I'm a pilot (privately, not professionally) and I've witnessed dozens of aircraft using a single channel without confusion--military comm chatter works in a similar fashion. It can easily be done if everybody in the channel understands and adheres to a particular methodology (i.e. attaching callsigns to a particular transmission format).

Actually implementing that methodology is another matter.

"Basic Radio Communication" would make a great TGU class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_procedure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedure_word

Comment

I like this idea, especially if it is earlier on in the day when the server is not completely full of TG, and the people are spread across pubbie squads. It would be relatively simply to say ____ starting teamwork squad in foxtrot, etc. I personally find that rotating leadership works well with one person giving out the general location of where we should be going (ex we will be staying around A unless help is needed elsewhere) and other people taking charge if the leader gets killed (ex: ___ flank to the right I will throw a nade to distract them for a second, ____ you watch that armor while ___ is still; respawning). When it comes to voices, I feel that if your playing with people who talk often and are active, it is quite easy to remember whose voice is what (or for me it is, I can probably single out dozens of people here just by their voices.)

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...