Where have all the revives gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the revives gone?

Hey there everyone! I've noticed lately that there is not the level of revives in BC2 that I used to see in 2142. What happened? In 2142 you could always count on a revive, but now it seems like they're made of gold and only handed out on a silver platter, I never see them. I haven't thought much of it until I played on a non TG server with a buddy last night and was revived more in one round than I usually get in a night of playing here.

So, what's going on, is it me, do I smell, has anyone else noticed this phenonmenon?
    sigpic

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Re: Where have all the revives gone?

Punchy you have impecable timing.

However, I will answer this to the the reason I seem to revive less, and that's from the lack of calls for revives. Not in TS, I don't know most people's voices there, much less where they are on the map, but in game calls of "I'm down" I'm getting better at looking at the minimap (a weakness of mine) and I will use it to get to the general area of where a downed teammate is, but, then I have to find you. The minimap is good, but shows where you died, not where your body ended up. The excellent ability of soldiers blending in causes me problems also, I've see the little marker that a body is there, but can't seem to hit the right place. Plus if you go down are you are not a medic, not only is there no audible call for a medic, there is no indication on the map that a soldier is down. Don't get me started on buildings, I've run up and down stairs trying to find fallen teammates, only to get there just as they dissappear.
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I'm sick of playing as a medic, reviving people several times, then when i get shot myself, i have to sit through and just die over and over again.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

My friend, I think in some cases revives have gone the way of good times...

It is more difficult to tell when someone is down, and then to find them, even if you do see the zig-zag mark that shows a deader to a medic. Plus, I think on the Defender side on Rush maps, with the Infinite tickets, there is a choice made that for the Defenders, revives don't matter. Taking away tickets from the Attackers in whatever way possible is of paramount importance - reviving fellow Defenders is not really seen as necessary.

On other maps, I try and play medic (even Defender/Rush) as I like the kit, and I like having even a small chance of a defib kill of one of the other guys.

That's my take on it.. Or could it be that some people are just too in love with their Gustav or C4 to consider playing medic?

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Establish an expectation in your squad -- if you're running medic, you're reviving, or you're out of the squad. Simple, effective, and makes the squad much more effective.
          I know Voodoo and Abel do this all the time -- just pick up a medic kit and literally carry our whole squad by themselves. Tllyx just drinks beer, and looks pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
            Establish an expectation in your squad -- if you're running medic, you're reviving, or you're out of the squad. Simple, effective, and makes the squad much more effective.
            I know Voodoo and Abel do this all the time -- just pick up a medic kit and literally carry our whole squad by themselves. Tllyx just drinks beer, and looks pretty.
            jury is still out on whether or not he looks pretty Zho
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

well my two cents is that everytime that i am on, i type in team chat, side chat, and then global and it seems that no one here at TG speak english or pay attention...very sad i dont know how many other ways to ask for a medic, ammo, or just plain teamwork.... very disapointed

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I guess the difference is, in the past you didn't have to set any expectations, you just knew the revive was coming. Now I'm pretty sure it's not, just not sure why the mindset changed.
                sigpic

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by Poncherello View Post
                  I guess the difference is, in the past you didn't have to set any expectations, you just knew the revive was coming.
                  That's because the medic/assault class was overpowered, and people brought the defib along anyways. The community wasn't "better" then -- this was just something everyone would do because it was paired with the most effective weapons on the battlefield.

Remember how no one brought IDSs into BF2142 TG squads unless they were asked? Why?
                  Because the support weapons were largely useless, even the Clark shotgun. So it actually required organizing and planning to get that kit into the squad.

Same here. It requires organizing and planning to get a medic in the squad, and it means actually working together, and not simply reaping the benefits of kit imbalance.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                    Remember how no one brought IDSs into BF2142 TG squads unless they were asked? Why?
                    Because the support weapons were largely useless, even the Clark shotgun. So it actually required organizing and planning to get that kit into the squad.
                    I actually find this kind of funny as I still see the medic + M60 as the most overpowered kit in the game, either that or the few people who still use are just really damn good.

Former TG-21st
                    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I feel in BC2 out-of-Squad revives are VERY critical. Because every dead guy from another Squad you revive in a battle area is a spawnpoint for 3 more people.

medic/assault class was overpowered
                      It had to be overpowered to make it the absolute core of the "army". it made many good teamwork and circlejerk revive games possible.

Comment

2142- SL to squad, "Everyone Assault-Medic, need one volunteer for support with IDS".

BC2-

Comment

As someone who plays medic the most out of the 4 classes the #1 reason I don't revive someone is because I can't find them. When I'm not dodging bullets I check the mini map for nearby dead people. I'll do some looking around for the body but if I can't find you in a couple of seconds I move on because by that point I'm likely to be dodging bullets again.

#2 reason I don't revive someone is due to the long recharge delay for the paddles. With multiple bodies laying about I'll revive the first body then there is a good 3-4 second delay before you can use the paddles again. 3-4 seconds is a lifetime in the middle of a firefight and a couple things can happen during the delay like getting gunned down while furiously clicking the revive button or the body actually respawning.

In 2142 you could actually revive 3 times before there was a recharge delay.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Agree with above. Finding the bodies amongst the smoke and rubble can be a real challenge in this game.

Comment

The dead body minimap mark, marks the point the budy was killed and iif you die from any sort of blast you get thrown away it could be up to 10m away that why is sometimes hard to locate and revive.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X