Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up: TG vs TG Scrim -- what times work best for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up: TG vs TG Scrim -- what times work best for you?

Gentlemen and Ladies --

The 70th is organizing a TG vs TG scrim. Key points will be 1-ticket rounds, and sexy planning.

Prior to the scrim, we will hold two *mandatory* scrim practice sessions -- the purpose of these sessions is for each team to plan out their strategy and try it out on an empty server. These practice sessions will be on --

Practice 1: Wednesday June 2nd -- 8/9PM Eastern
    Practice 2: Friday June 4th -- 8/9 PM Eastern
    Scrim: Sunday June 6th -- 3PM Eastern

THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD: If you aim to attend the scrim, please look over the scrim practice times and let me know whether that will work out for you. Suggest a better day / time during the week prior to the scrim.

We realize you've got other priorities and scheduled things, so we want to accommodate as many people as possible for the planning sessions. We really feel that they help. Planning sessions, combined with balanced teams should make for some never-before-seen gameplay: TG teamwork at its finest.

Last edited by Zhohar; 05-17-2010, 10:19 PM.

Re: Heads up: TG vs TG Scrim -- what times work best for you?

EDIT: Times set, info invalidated.

I imagine with one tickets both teams are going to be very desperate to get Chris.
    Last edited by MacLeod; 05-17-2010, 11:53 PM.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Probably won't be attending, but I'd like to point out that the practice times are really not that euro friendly. The actual scrim time is ok though.

Hope the scrim will be fun for those playing (I'm sure it will be)! :)

...moving back to school work...
      [S7]Hablos
      Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hablos View Post
        I'd like to point out that the practice times are really not that euro friendly. The actual scrim time is ok though.
        I agree, post 7pm is pushing it for us in Europe. How about practice Sat 3pm and scrim Sun 3pm?
        Thanks for setting it up, by the way. Appreciated.
        sigpic

Comment

1 ticket rounds? As in if one person on the team dies then its game over? Sounds super smexy

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
          "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Originally posted by BlindGamer View Post
            1 ticket rounds? As in if one person on the team dies then its game over?
            Actually, for me, this is an actual question. Is that really how it works? Err.. that is, if he doesn't get revived? (Or if it's impossible to revive him, due to geometry, fell off a cliff, etc)
            BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Any time on weekends is best.

Comment

It'd be nice to join a TG scrim. It's a bit difficult for me since my schedule is pretty loaded for the upcoming month (hence being an Irregular). But if I can make it, I'll be there.

Just to echo Hablos's (forgot if I put the 's' after the apostrophe or not) sentiments, but I don't know if that's the best practice time for West Coasters... but I can only speak for myself. 8/9 Eastern is pretty much when we get out of work and are getting back home, so we'll be coming in a little late. But of course, we don't want it too late, so it's pretty reasonable.

Comment

If the practices were the weekend before for west coasters and europeans i think it'd work better

after truly enjoying my last BC2 scrim i'd be well up for this, however 1 ticket and the 15sec downtime i think could prove to be very difficult for a decent length round
                  AnimalMother
                  Ex TG-31st LR
                  "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                  sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

mandatory practices kinda block out a large chunk of us....since were all adults with jobs. Damn this job for messing up my gaming time!
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                      Damn this job for messing up my gaming time!
                      Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                        I agree, post 7pm is pushing it for us in Europe. How about practice Sat 3pm and scrim Sun 3pm?
                        Thanks for setting it up, by the way. Appreciated.
                        Good Idea.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just to clarify -- what I had meant to say with "1 ticket round" was a full, normal round, with evenly matched teams that is won by score of 1:0. As opposed to one team steamrolling the other and ending up with a 50:0 win out of 100 tickets.

So far, I'm liking the idea of Saturday noon practice, and Sunday noon scrim. Is anyone *against* that?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                            So far, I'm liking the idea of Saturday noon practice, and Sunday noon scrim. Is anyone *against* that?
                            Yes. I'm opposed to the idea. I'm not sure why, though. It just makes too much sense and thus must be opposed for nonsense sake. ;)

Comment

I'd be up for that

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                              "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X