Ammo shortage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo shortage?

Perhaps it's a symptom of an increasingly successful Russian strategic bombing campaign, but I've noticed a disturbing trend on the battlefield of late - a complete lack of ammo boxes.

It has gotten to the point that on at least five occasions in the past few days I have literally run out of ammo. When I look around for resupply all I see are medics (of course there is a virtual hospital of med kits lying around), engineers, and wookies, but for the life of me I cannot find anyone playing assault. And equally if not moreso frustrating, when I do find an assault player I generally find myself chasing him around spamming the Q key to no avail. Heck, I've taken to expending my last couple of rounds firing at thier feet and they just stand there looking at me.

What the heck?

Re: Ammo shortage?

Everyone is a medic as you have said. From what I have seen, people much prefer to be a rolling squad of revive's with 2 sec invincible time than work with any other kit. This is a phase though. We had the same problem with medics when this game first started remember? We told people to start playing medics and drop health and do revives, well, it worked too well cause now everyone is a medic :p

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Look for me. I'm always Engy or Assault unless otherwise told and the first thing I do when I spawn as assault is drop a box. Of course you'll have to venture to the deep dark HC server to find me and my ammo boxes.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Ive noticed this as well. As Dredge said I think its just a phase. In my experience - everyone sniped, everyone tubed, everyone gustaved, now everyone is playing medic. In couple of weeks when people have tried out most of the weapons people will find they're favourties and probably stick with them.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
        "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

That's the thing... my 2 fav. kits are Assault and Medic. In the end, I'm going to have to choose in which I find more useful: Do I focus on keeping my team alive, or do I focus on killing the enemy?

Of course, I can keep my teammates alive by killing the enemy, but the ability to revive, IMO, plays such an important role. You can pick up any kit to get extra ammo, but only the medic kit can revive. Not to say there's a shortage of medic kits out there, but I like the idea of having the ability to revive whenever I need to. I've always favored the idea that an alive teammate is better than a dead enemy.

In the end, if I'm playing rush, I typically play medic when attacking, in favor of saving tickets. If defending, I favor assault, to be more efficient at killing and resupply the Gustav engies that are bound to pop up. If I'm playing conquest, well, I guess it depends on what I feel the team needs more of.

Comment

Eh, it all goes back to no SL to require certain kits. At the very least it would be nice to see what kits your squad members are before spawning in. With four classes and four members per squad the standard loadout could/should be one of each no?

My personal preference would be two medics and one assault being the standard with the fourth guy choosing whatever is needed for the current situation. But alas, 'tis not to be, BC2 encourages people to do whatever they like. Ain't nothing like looking down at the three names of your squad members and seeing three crosshairs next to them...yay.

Comment

I always run out of ammo myself, even if I'm playing assault :P Sometimes I forget that I'm the man with the magic box of ammo and run around asking for ammo:P

Check in the beginning of the round who got what in your squad, if you and your squad can work together to create a kit balance it will make your life so much easier.. I rarely here anyone asking what's needed when joining a squad which i think is a shame since it's such an easy thing to do to make your squad more effective.

Since we don't have a working VOIP it's hard to communicate with pubbies in your squad. so my next tip is. Kill someone with an ammo hub steal his kit and deploy, take your kit back and get back into the fight..
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

You forgot your lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                  Since we don't have a working VOIP it's hard to communicate with pubbies in your squad. so my next tip is. Kill someone with an ammo hub steal his kit and deploy, take your kit back and get back into the fight..
                  Originally posted by jazy2 View Post
                  You forgot your lol....
                  jazy....let us hope.

See that's what you guys get for being such good players, you know how often I run out of ammo? maybe 3-4 times since I got the game, and it's typically from trying to shoot a darted tank that is behind an object and I can't get a hit on him/her.
                  Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

When I play, it's almost always Assault, sometimes medic. I just love those long-range ACOG kills. I'm always dropping ammo, and try to drop it near clusters of players whenever I can.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

"The man with the rifle shoots. When the man with the rifle dies, the man behind picks up the rifle."

I love assault and I understand what you're talking about. It is pretty ridiculous sometimes. I've also run out of ammo before and tried to find an ammo box(while assault).
                      aka spartan421
                      Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                        Look for me. I'm always Engy or Assault unless otherwise told and the first thing I do when I spawn as assault is drop a box. Of course you'll have to venture to the deep dark HC server to find me and my ammo boxes.
                        Yeah I have to say I've only occassionaly seen a shortage of ammo boxes on the HC server (usually after a better than average string of kills) but maybe that's because I'm usually rolling with you or other TG members that keep us full of ammo and health...

Comment

Originally posted by PennyFlame View Post
                          "The man with the rifle shoots. When the man with the rifle dies, the man behind picks up the rifle."

I love assault and I understand what you're talking about. It is pretty ridiculous sometimes. I've also run out of ammo before and tried to find an ammo box(while assault).
                          Ah, COD back when it was good.

Im constantly dropping ammo since it's the easiest way to get points for the Assault.
                          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Since the 40mm nerf I have seen a lot less assault classes.
                            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Also, people have realized that assault rifles = A. Killed from range by an M60 or B. Killed from close up by a shotty.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...