About 16 vs 16 TG vs TG scrims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About 16 vs 16 TG vs TG scrims

I think that 32 slots scrims are way to large to have a nice well planned and executed tactic play. All you can plan for is first 1 minute of the play after that things just get too complicated with 16 players per side involved. You will always have people that won't participate in planning and will show up 15 min before the scrim with tones of questions and at the start do something different than told. I think we should try out 8v8 instead of 16 vs16. Planning for 8v8 is much simpler and easier. Also require less players so organizer can only pick those that can make it for practice and are willing to put in some time and we can do them more often. I am relatively new here at TG i only played in 16 vs 16 twice, but in my experience was no different than from regular weekend evening at Server 1 or Server 2 when teams are full of TG players.
    Last edited by PL_OSTRY; 05-19-2010, 10:39 PM.
    sigpic

Re: About 16 vs 16 TG vs TG scrims

I was in a 16v16 scrim (as a squad-leader) and I disagree. Even with 1 hour prior to the scrim, if you can get the whole team into the TS channel, you can explain what you are going do and which squads will do what. Even that little bit of planning provides for a more organized team than you would normally see on an all-TG weekend server.

Comment

Considering how many people we have sign up for these scrims, it would be hard to make a smaller one unless you go two servers running scrims side by side, which would be pretty hard to manage. I personally think that 16v16 scrims can get a good amount of teamwork. I don't know about your last team, but in the last scrim our team had a ton of tactics going into and running throughout the 4 rounds. It was loads of fun for everyone involved.

Former TG-21st
      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
        I think that 32 slots scrims are way to large to have a nice well planned and executed tactic play. All you can plan for is first 1 minute of the play after that things just get too complicated with 16 players per side involved. You will always have people that won't participate in planning and will show up 15 min before the scrim with tones of questions and at the start do something different than told. I think we should try out 8v8 instead of 16 vs16. Planning for 8v8 is much simpler and easier. Also require less players so organizer can only pick those that can make it for practice and are willing to put in some time and we can do them more often. I am relatively new here at TG i only played in 16 vs 16 twice, but in my experience was no different than from regular weekend evening at Server 1 or Server 2 when teams are full of TG players.
        I appreciate your opinion but have to disagree with some of your thoughts. This being a MATURE community.....real life interferes alot with trying to make a scrim practice to be able to play. were not all 20 year old college students. The last scrim I had to miss a practice due to family obligations.....alot of us have kids and wives and full time careers.....does that mean we can't play scrims because our lives are a bit"fuller" than say a young single persons and we can't make a practice?....I would hope that's not the case because those of us with demanding lives need the game time to take out our daily aggression. It;s not that were not willing to attend a practice....we just can't.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
          I appreciate your opinion but have to disagree with some of your thoughts. This being a MATURE community.....real life interferes alot with trying to make a scrim practice to be able to play. were not all 20 year old college students. The last scrim I had to miss a practice due to family obligations.....alot of us have kids and wives and full time careers.....does that mean we can't play scrims because our lives are a bit"fuller" than say a young single persons and we can't make a practice?....I would hope that's not the case because those of us with demanding lives need the game time to take out our daily aggression. It;s not that were not willing to attend a practice....we just can't.
          I know exactly what you mean Venman i am a working adult and family man my self and i can't always make it for scrim or practice that why i think as a huge mature gaming community we should have scrims more often and nerfing team size to 8vs8 would be good idea.I am not saying we can't have 16vs16 once in a while. Maybe we could set a time for every Saturday and Sunday without sign up list to play 8v8 scrims and have a dedicated TS3 channel for that.If you can't make it Saturnday due to any obligations you can always show up on Sunday. First 16 players that show up are in and if you late you can come early next week. That could also be a practice for those that don't play often and want to participate in 16vs16 once in a while.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
            Maybe we could set a time for every Saturday and Sunday without sign up list to play 8v8 scrims and have a dedicated TS3 channel for that.If you can't make it Saturnday due to any obligations you can always show up on Sunday. First 16 players that show up are in and if you late you can come early next week.
            I like this idea. We need someone that can password lock/unlock the server at those times though. Or at least admin the server so we can kick non-TG people.
            Last edited by general_alvin; 05-22-2010, 06:22 AM. Reason: Thought my post through.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
              I like this idea. We need someone that can password lock/unlock the server at those times though. Or at least admin the server so we can kick non-TG people.
              We could use 16 slot TG-21 server if no TWL match are scheduled.
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X