Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to improve?

Hey guys!

I have been playing BC2 for a while now. I seem to be doing ok in pub but I know that there is still room for improvements. I know in HoN/Dota/CS you can watch replays and etc to learn but how can you improve yourself in BC2?

Re: How to improve?

As in individual twitch skill? or teamwork skill?
    individual skill:
    -twitch : Pick a weapon u want to use, get to know it. Practice on an empty server with it, love it. Join a server with pro players(squad death match or squad rush). Learn.
    -hunting: Practice on squad rush server.
    -dodging: practice on squad rush server.
    -map awareness : get used to the maps.

Comment

Great thread!

The biggest difference between decent players and dominant players is situational awareness. It's why players with more hours in a game are generally better... it's not that they're twitch/aim improves, it's that they better understand what's going on in the game at any given moment. Here are a few old favorites on the topic:

From 2142's "How to avoid getting knifed":
      Aye, I agree with this. About 80-95% of my kills could just as well have been made with a Baur, Voss, Krylov, Scar, Lambert, Shuko, Ganz, Bianchi, or the Engineer LMGs: it's all about getting into position. The twitch reflex and accuracy play such a small part in killing, it is ridiculous.
      And there's no way to gain the placement advantage without experience. It's not something you can be taught.

more, from PoE2's "How to do well on Fallen":
      Seriously though, it's all about knowing which area's are safe and which area's are hot. For example - if you're back is against the out-of-bounds line, you only have to worry about being shot from 180 degree's in front of you. If you then kneel with a big tree on your left, you cut your exposure to 90 degrees front/right. If you then realize that flag to your right is held by a friendly squad, you reduce your exposure even more - you can now expect to not be shot by someone you don't see... or... at least they'll shoot you from within your field of view. At this point, you can concentrate on being more observant of the horizon/bushes.

Just by positioning yourself so you won't be shot in the back/sides, you'll improve your K/D a LOT. You may not have quite as many kills as first since you're not charging in to a firefight - but you'll also die a lot less. The more you play with that "limit my exposure" mindset, the better you get at it and can keep yourself safe even while moving around quite a bit.

"Situational Awareness" FTW.

Comment

Great thread, should be sticked!

Btw, if you didn't already of course, to watch the TG youtube's training channel is totally a must! ;)

I think the best way to learn at best how to play a game, whatever it is, is to try everything it has to offer... which is a lot in our case. Carefully watch how the other players approach the game, be aware of the situation, do not just run ahead shooting of sit back farming kills. No better way to defeat an enemy than knowing what he's doing next... think about it, it's a HUGE tactical advantage in every game/sport/competition/fight. If you know your enemy next move, and he doesn't, he needs to be MUCH better than you to prevail.

Try to recognize patterns in how others play, use it against them. Moreover, of course, do not play the same patterns yourself: Get creative, out of your habits. Will be painful at first but it's amazingly meaningful in the long run.

ciao ciao
        Kb

Comment

Improving on the team level is good too: Fighting the Urge to Zerg - How to Make Better Decisions for your Team

Comment

They all have covered the main points. Best thing to do, is attach yourself to one of the guys you see that is doing well and squad with him/her. Watch how they move, how they flank, how they approach situations. Then, you can start applying it in your game, and adapting it to your play style. Every tactic you see someone do in game, they have seen/learned somewhere else and modified it to fit their needs. Should be a good start :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yep, Whiskey Six has it right. Situational Awareness. Always listen and look around you. Look at your map constantly. Anticipate enemy movements. Remember if enemies you have spotted or seen are dead or still alive. See if any objectives are flashing. Take initiative. That spot on that one map no one ever guards but the enemy always gets through? Go there. Team needs an engineer/medic/assault/recon? Change your class. Know when to be aggressive and when to hang back and shoot from behind cover or reevaluate the situation. Hopefully you have a C3PO in your head telling you the odds in every situation you find.
              Always flank whenever possible x 10^9999
              aka spartan421
              Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

The best thing I can think of is to always keep moving, use cover well, and flank often.

PS: KoBi that sig is a tad too large.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Figure out what playstyle you like, and tailor your loadout to match that. If you're a hotshot shooter, running around with an MG probably isn't your best bet -- try some of the ARs etc.
                  Find what excites you, what makes you happy in the game, and perfect it, play with your kits, how you play the game, who you play it with, how fast you move, how much cover you use -- experiment until what is around you (kit loadout/squad) matches what's inside of your head (ie. defensive player with proper reviving skills.)

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
                    PS: KoBi that sig is a tad too large.
                    PÓrdon
                    fixing it!

Comment

Great advices guys thanks. Sorry I don't post much. I usually just lurk and watch the TG youtube videos. I'm doing great with assault kit atm but I'm struggling with F2000 and AUG. Any tips?

This is my assault spec set up - 40mm GL + Double Nade + Mag Ammo on all rifles.

Comment

Personally, I have found the F2000 to be an annoying gun, I usually stick with either the AN-94 or the M416 or I go with a shotty. I think I mentioned this above, but it is always great to flank a lot. If you have a squad pushing high ground at Arica on conquest, then simply run 20 yards behind them on the street and pop up behind them. You can catch every one by surprise if you don't miss.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Hi basolili,
                          the aug is my assault rifle of choice followed by the m416. I do well with the aug and like the 'feel' of it over the other weapons, it does everything well but doesn't excel in any one field (cyclic rate, damage, etc)

My 2 load outs depending on the situation are
                          smoke - double nade - mag ammo, when attacking.
                          40mm gl - red dot sight - explosive perk, while in defence.
                          Last edited by retrokill; 06-02-2010, 10:52 AM. Reason: what the load outs are for
                          We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                            They all have covered the main points. Best thing to do, is attach yourself to one of the guys you see that is doing well and squad with him/her. Watch how they move, how they flank, how they approach situations. Then, you can start applying it in your game, and adapting it to your play style. Every tactic you see someone do in game, they have seen/learned somewhere else and modified it to fit their needs. Should be a good start :)
                            This to me is the best lesson you can take with you. Squad up with players, esp. those with the [TG] tags.

1) They'll show you their habits, and you can see what they're trying to do.
                            2) They'll keep you alive for as long as they stay alive (everyone dies, multiple times)
                            3) Osmosis, for lack of better words. Once you get the hang of what they do, you pick up small things they do to help them out and you become a better team-oriented player overall.

To me, staying in these forums and playing on the TG servers are really the way to go for learning. I've been playing games for at least 10 years now (yowsers), and this community is easily the most receptive and most mature group of people I've encountered.

Comment

As for my loadouts, well, I really can't give it to you because they're usually never the same. They change based on what's needed at the moment, in addition to the map (and section of the map) we're on.

Just to give you an example, On 1st stage of Arica Harbor defense, I tend to favor assault with a burst AR. Reason being, there's typically lots of engies, so I like to play assualt to resupply these guys, and I choose burst fire since for my play style, I have better long range accuracy. If the game shifts to the final stage, I lean towards being a medic to keep incapacitated teammates in action, or if I feel the need to kill, I'll switch to auto AR assault, since you're going to need the full auto in CQC (close quarter combat).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X