Servers always horribly inbalanced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers always horribly inbalanced

It seems that at least half of the time (if not more) that I'm playing on the TG BC2 servers, one team is so incredibly more powerful than the other team that the game stops being fun. I have no idea whats causing this exactly, but it seems like teamstacking is a constant disease that the TG servers in all games cannot seem to get rid of.
    Its annoying to have to find another server simply because my team either gets smashed into the ground completely 75-0 style or dominate the other team to the point of boredom.

I have no idea how to solve this problem, but I thought I'd rant a bit about it to at least increase awereness.

Re: Servers always horribly inbalanced

I agree....and for the life of me can't figure out how people from the same IHS are ALWAYS on the same side? if people are purposely doing it.......don't, mix things up a bit and the games become balanced and more enjoyable. Is it really a great accomplishment to steam roll the opposing team?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

it seems that something is not balanced. I'm sure if it too many TG on one side or just map design though

Comment

I have seen examples of stacking (I have been part of them also), but IMHO there are two reasons why it happens and nothing has to do with players liking to play unbalanced games (on any of the teams):
        1. Changing sides when in 30/32 or even less than 30 most of the times is impossible if someone else is not trying to do the same on the other team, the game's anti-un-balance protection kicks in and do not let you change sides; and lets face it, noone wants to logout to try to get an spot in the other team.
        2. It is notable how much a 4 to 5 people coordination on Team Speak can unbalance a game. I have seen examples of non speakers on one side and speakers on the other, with lots of pretty good people on both sides, where the domination of the speaking band was absolute.
        --- The second can be fixed easily helping newcomers to use TS. When there is not that many on TS as I like to communicate while playing, the higher the chances that I would end up on a team where someone is in team speak, and that increases the odds that others too.

OT: Same dynamic is seen on servers, when they are empty we tend to try to get into the full retrying until we find an spot instead of seeding another one, when servers get 6 persons they fill up pretty fast. (Being seeding hardcore more than once and I observed that dynamic every time.
        --- To help alleviate it, what I am doing is everytime that I get a 30/32 kick I log for 10 minutes in an empty server to help seed it. If just a half of us do it consistently we will have 3 servers to play when unbalance happens :D (problem solved :P).

Just my 2 cents,

Greetings,
        Federico

Comment

If and when this happens, it always seems like the team that is losing has a bunch of people rage quit and then, wow all of a sudden they start winning. It was interesting tonight to see one team dominate for two rounds, and then watch half of the other team quit and be replaced with new people only to start winning themselves.

Btw, we actually had three games out of 10 where the final ticket count was somewhere between 5-0 and 1-0.

Moral of the story: the unbalance rights itself if A: People start talking on TS or B: The complainers leave.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
            B: The complainers leave.
            The bad part of this option is that it leaves a bad example of TG in newcomers minds and that it assumes all of those who quit were complaining. Usually only a couple complain while 6-8 quit, meaning that 4-6 possible new TGer's could be turned away.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
              If and when this happens, it always seems like the team that is losing has a bunch of people rage quit and then, wow all of a sudden they start winning. It was interesting tonight to see one team dominate for two rounds, and then watch half of the other team quit and be replaced with new people only to start winning themselves.

Btw, we actually had three games out of 10 where the final ticket count was somewhere between 5-0 and 1-0.

Moral of the story: the unbalance rights itself if A: People start talking on TS or B: The complainers leave.
              Yesterday i loaded on the server and lost at least 6 in a row. I don't know how many they have lost before i joined but it looked like exactly opposite of what you just described. As it was getting late or tired of loosing TG players started to leave and non-TG players came as replacement and the things got even worse. I ended up as the only one in the TS channel while the other team kept on steam rolling.
              Last edited by PL_OSTRY; 05-28-2010, 04:45 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Re: Servers always horribly imbalanced

Pictures of an example:

Tickets:

Score Board:

Team Speak:

The imbalanced was both in game and on TS. Despite losses in several games and corresponding player drops, no one from the other team felt the need to move. The BMP was just outside the US UCB when it was destroyed. Was crushing the opposition really fun? It the game had lasted longer it would been the Alamo in the UCB: bullets, grenades, rockets, vehicle fire, demo packets all incoming, no one getting out (been there, done that).

If nobody wants to switch sides (and TS), then at least let the opposition take and keep a flag. Fight it out for the other flags.

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                  I agree....and for the life of me can't figure out how people from the same IHS are ALWAYS on the same side? if people are purposely doing it.......don't, mix things up a bit and the games become balanced and more enjoyable. Is it really a great accomplishment to steam roll the opposing team?
                  Joining via friend's list, perhaps? The game does makes a concerted effort to pair friends up on joining. However, I'm not certain if it attempts to pair them up on map changes as well. Though, I'm guessing it probably does because I've had more than one instance of being swapped from one side or the other between maps if my squad disbands/separates. Granted, that doesn't really happen to me on the TG servers but the random players that happen to not be in a squad are probably getting moved around.

Originally posted by redknight666 View Post
                  Being seeding hardcore more than once and I observed that dynamic every time.
                  I've tried to seed #3 a time or two to no luck. Don't know how you guys can stand playing nothing but standard. Going from HC to attempting standard makes me feel like I'm playing some kind of X-Men game with Nerf™ guns or something, with my apparent invulnerability and regeneration, coupled with the pretend guns everyone is firing at one another. Oh, and can't forget the ever-present Cerebro aiding Q-spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
                    I've tried to seed #3 a time or two to no luck. Don't know how you guys can stand playing nothing but standard. Going from HC to attempting standard makes me feel like I'm playing some kind of X-Men game with Nerf™ guns or something, with my apparent invulnerability and regeneration, coupled with the pretend guns everyone is firing at one another. Oh, and can't forget the ever-present Cerebro aiding Q-spam.
                    I've tried playing hardcore and it really doesn't fit the game. I've played PR and some Arma, so its not that I'm only into arcade shooting, but BC2 doesn't really seem to lend it self well to that kinda gameplay. Probably because its too fast paced for it.

Comment

I don't know if it's that big of a problem. Sure, I've experienced both sides of the equation, but I've also had just as many experiences with games that end 2-0 in tickets or with the last MCOM barely surviving.

I've also noticed a couple of TG's better IHSs that change teams every few rounds so that one team doesn't constantly end up on the losing side.

Comment

Alright well I guess my example was quite different then most of yours, maybe I play at different times when its more balanced. Usually, when starting to seed a server, it is less balanced, but most of the times that I start playing at, one team will win about four in a row, then the other team will do the same, etc.

Do not get me wrong though, I do not like the fact the people leave when it is unbalanced, I was simply stating a fact as that usually does happen.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Pretty much all TG one side is from joining off friends list . just check out
                          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...r-youtube.html

one of the last videos on page 8 has everything you need to know about your friends list joining and why the teams are stacked

I my self only join off the server favs as it will put on a random team.
                          I think if everyone quit joining off the friends list it would random it good enough that the games would get better

sometimes you are going to get a bad game or 2 but if you are getting beat 6-10 times in a row i can see why people get mad

Comment

From my experience, teams tend to win in groups, not necessarily the same team winning ALL the rounds. For example, team 1 would win for 5-6 straight rounds, followed by team 2 winning the next 4-5, and so on.

I have no problems with IHS joining the same team, since after all, you join the IHS with the intention of playing with them. The only thing that would be nice to see is if there are a relatively same amount of [TG] tags on both teams.

One imbalance I do notice is that teamspeak communication does seem to be one-sided. I join one team's channel, and it's alive with communication. I join the other team's channel, and it's dead quiet. With more communication on one team, you're going to be significantly better and thus have that in-game imbalance.

Comment

Last night we got our butts kicked one round, then the next round we kicked the other team into oblivion.

The problem is really the game. 100 tickets a map means that grabbing the two good flags on Laguna Alta, for example, confers a huge advantage. If you then stop two or three attacks then the ticket gulf becomes too huge to make up. The bleed being so negligible means even if the losing team caps a flag towards the middle of the game, they have a very difficult time making the difference up. So games are really won or lost in the opening, with it being very hard to struggle back. I rarely see the lead change in games. Usually one team grabs it, and the gulf gets bigger.

Sometimes teams are stacked, yes, but I do think the nature of BC2 has a lot to do with it. The macro game of flags and bleed and knowing when to push and when to hold, and what flags you need to hold or can afford to lose just doesn't matter.

Apparently the new patch makes flag bleed intensity and ticket count a server side option. If that does work, let's add a 2 minute round timer, double the ticket count, and double the bleed rate. I think it will be much more Battlefield, and lead to better games.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X