C4 suicide and responsibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 suicide and responsibility

In my later playing days of bf2142, I became a profuse user of the RDX/C4 explosive. I certainly caused my own death a few times while using RDX and at some point, I thought it was important to explore the issues with other members of the TG bf2142 community concerning explosive use and suicide. Here is what I wrote to start the discussion:

Originally posted by ArmoredBear
    As a member of the TG bf2142 sub-community and someone who uses RDX against infantry, I think certain consequences should be instituted when the RDX user kills himself along with opposing infantry or armor. Maybe, the benchmark could be RDX suicide (even if it is accidental) has occurred twice during a map. The punishment would be an admin kick forcing the offending player to rejoin. I am guilty of killing myself once in awhile. Just wondering what everyone thinks.

AB
    Here is the link to the whole thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...using-rdx.html

Everything that was discussed in this thread certainly pertains to C4 use and suicide in BC2.

As in my bf2142 thread, I am looking for feedback and opinions.

Helm AB
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: C4 suicide and responsibility

Seems fair, although treads a fine line in the EULA.

Comment

One thing though, is that C4 can be set off my others. Just tonight, I "suicided" multiple times because someone else detonated my C4 before I was at a safe distance.

I agree 100%, but there would have to be some distinction to a genuine suicide and a "suicide" that the game counts.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
        One thing though, is that C4 can be set off my others. Just tonight, I "suicided" multiple times because someone else detonated my C4 before I was at a safe distance.
        Good point, Beat. That is a definite difference between BC2 and 2142. I can't remember if RDX could detonate from gunfire, AT weapons etc. I don' t think so. Things would be a lot clearer if a suicide as you describe was changed to a kill/tk for the player who detonated the C4.

Comment

That would make sense, AB. In BC2, explosives are highly violatile and can easily explode and can cause you to get a suicide message even when you know you didn't press the detonator...its very frustrating when you are trying to use C4 and end up killing team members inadvertently.

Comment

The bane of my or my teammates existence when I use them, Gustav, c4, and antitank mines...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
              The bane of my or my teammates existence when I use them, Gustav, c4, and antitank mines...
              Yes, that was quite a team killing event on the server earlier.

Comment

If you kill a tank with C4:
                100pts vehicle destruction
                50x???pts player kills

If you kill a tank AND yourself with C4:
                -100pts vehicle destruction
                -50ptsx???pts player kills

If you are just stupid and blow yourself up with C4, but no pts were earned from the adventure:
                -15pts player suicide

Something along those lines. A penalty should be score based, and it should be scaled based upon the benefit of the kill archived....which I am not even sure can be done with BC2 server code (-?).

Just my two cents. I know if anything at all is implemented, it will become my downfall. Seeing I tend to kill myself/team with C4 more than I do any of the opposing team. However, out of a jealous rage against those who have mastered the art of the suicide bomber, I would welcome any penalties imposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubernoobie View Post
                  If you kill a tank with C4:
                  100pts vehicle destruction
                  50x???pts player kills

If you kill a tank AND yourself with C4:
                  -100pts vehicle destruction
                  -50ptsx???pts player kills

Like Beat mentioned earlier, this would make it unfair to those people who place c4 on a tank and have someone else blow it right in their face before you can get away. I actually had a separate incident two times in a row last night where myself and another person were loading the mcom with c4, and a third person decided to throw one in and blow us both to pieces so he could get the destruction points. Both of us ended up with suicides.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Step 1: Place C4 on attacking tank.
                    Step 2: Driver of said tank flees C4-laden death trap.
                    Step 3: Blind teammate suddenly drives off in C4-laden death trap.
                    Step 4: You receive a teamkill penalty 2 seconds later.

Comment

I suck with c4. Yet I try and improve and keep at it. That involves sometimes killing myself by accident even though I try and make sure I am a safe distance. To kick a player for trying to learn to use such a volitable weapon would not be cool. Now if the guy just c4's things sitting right next to it then ok but don't come down hard on those of us trying to learn.
                      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

A little tip for those of you that uses C4 on tanks often.
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Its amazing that the exploding tank somehow does not damage you at all.

Former TG-21st
                          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Hax
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
                              Its amazing that the exploding tank somehow does not damage you at all.
                              Thank goodness it doesn't. How many times have tanks blown up in your face while you were tickling it with your repair tool? It would add some realism if it killed you but I'm quite alright with being able to walk away.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X