As long as you hold 1 flag, objectives don't matter in conquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as you hold 1 flag, objectives don't matter in conquest

Only kills do. The flags take down tickets so slow it becomes death-match.

Thoughts?

Re: As long as you hold 1 flag, objectives don't matter in conquest

I wish the maps were larger with more tickets and more vehicles, and with a playercap significantly larger than 32.

I guess what i'm saying is: I wish it was BF3.

Comment

I read somewhere that the ticketbleed can be modified after the new patch.

Comment

Originally posted by dhonnie View Post
        So they say.

Comment

Originally posted by dhonnie View Post
          there is a variable that can be adjusted after the next patch, hopefully bleed can be upped dramatically
          TG has a history of making conquest heavy bleed (from BF2 days) it makes victory a combination of flag dominance and killing, more interesting strategically

Comment

Yes, you're wrong, I've lost so many games because people couldn't be bothered with offense.

If you have the majority of flags there is a very high chance you'll win.

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
              there is a variable that can be adjusted after the next patch, hopefully bleed can be upped dramatically
              TG has a history of making conquest heavy bleed (from BF2 days) it makes victory a combination of flag dominance and killing, more interesting strategically
              Anyone else foreseeing a flood of people joining the server, saying "but I thought this was a regular server!" and getting upset over the changes to the default game mode?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
              --BlackMirror
              <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
              Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
              --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by dsi1 View Post
                Yes, you're wrong, I've lost so many games because people couldn't be bothered with offense.

Funny, I feel the same way about defense.

Customer- You know how to take the [flag], but you don't know how to hold the [flag].

Clerk- We know why we take [flags] sir.

Customer- I don't think you do!

+ rep to whomever posts what the above paraphrased quote refers to

Comment

I disagree with the deathmatch theory tbh.

Aside from the bleed, more flags in your control means:

More spawn points
                  Greater control of map
                  Larger area to 'safely' move in
                  On some maps more vehicles/stationary guns

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                  "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Saphric View Post
                    Only kills do. The flags take down tickets so slow it becomes death-match.

Thoughts?
                    Yes, the bleed is really slow in this game.

But holding the majority of the flags still makes a difference. It gives the team a morale boost since they feel they have the upper hand it also allows you to choose where the battle shall be fought..

Say you are playing White Pass on the Russian side and get Charlie and bravo. Then you can push forward to the tree line just above Alpha, yes it gives the American side a lot of cover but two guys with C4 can take down all that cover along the whole defensive line in 30 seconds which will force the enemy team to fight you uphill without any sort of cover while you still have your cover left..
                    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                      Funny, I feel the same way about defense.

Customer- You know how to take the [flag], but you don't know how to hold the [flag].

Clerk- We know why we take [flags] sir.

Customer- I don't think you do!

+ rep to whomever posts what the above paraphrased quote refers to
                      Rental car episode of seinfeld

Join the 71st Tuesdays and Fridays for

Comment

Holding flags is not as much having the bleed in this game as it is controlling areas. If you can manage to hold 2/3rds of the flags and push the other team into a 1/3rd area, then it can be easier to win.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by [EDF]_eflight View Post
                          Rental car episode of seinfeld
                          Ding ding ding.

Comment

Originally posted by dsi1 View Post
                            Yeah, because your team has demonstrated that it knows how to kill people efficiently.

Comment

I disagree. I never have won a game by holding one flag the whole game. The game ended in victory many times while holding just one flag only because we got a huge lead while holding two flags most of the game.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X