No announcement yet.

Arica Harbor Rush, 3rd set of MCOMs, Alpha -- aka The Ugliest Objective in BC2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arica Harbor Rush, 3rd set of MCOMs, Alpha -- aka The Ugliest Objective in BC2

To jog your memory, this is the MCOM that's inside a little "storefront" garage along a main road. It's very difficult to get to, and very difficult to attack.

Does anyone have tips -- teamwide tips -- for destroying this MCOM?
    Smoke seems to help a lot, so do medics but, beyond that ... it's just brute force, eh?

Share your tips / experiences.

Re: Arica Harbor Rush, 3rd set of MCOMs, Alpha -- aka The Ugliest Objective in BC2

Not sure you mean this A mcom, but, here it seems like brute force is the way to go. And using these two areas as spawnpoints seems to work pretty good.

Last edited by general_alvin; 06-02-2010, 03:24 AM. Reason: Might have misunderstood which mcoms we´re talking about.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Arica Harbor Rush, 3rd set of MCOMs, Alpha -- aka The Ugliest Objective in BC2

Get area around objective as smoked up as you can.
      Blast door open.
      Arm.
      Cover from a distance by shooting defenders going to disarm in the back // 40mm and grenades on the M-COM
      ˇTogether Everyone Achieves More!

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenInferno View Post
        Get area around objective as smoked up as you can.
        Blast door open.
        Arm.
        Cover from a distance by shooting defenders going to disarm in the back // 40mm and grenades on the M-COM
        silly inferno.....we don't "arm" stuff at TG.....we blow it up!
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I have seen many different ways work, but almost always you will need a lot of smoke so that the defenders can not simply pick you off as you try to enter the garage - blow the door & arm or set C4 - if theres people inside through a grenade and go in right after it goes off. Also, it can be fun to go inside and arm it and have the tank roll right up and cover the doors :)

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Arming it (and pretty much any MCOM) is fairly simple. The trouble is always keeping them that way. One guy can always break away from the fight and arm the things, but he's not going to be able to keep the defending team from disarming them. The only way to do it is through teamwork and brute force - grenades, armor, Gustavs, 40mm, mortar strikes, UAVs, etc.

Once armed, the MCOM has to be turned into a meat grinder. If not, you're just wasting your time.

Comment

You can blow up A thru the roof of the garage. Just place them on the floor from outside exactly above A-mcom. Smoke as a cover is necessary.

Comment

That's a glitch I'm afraid, sely.

Comment

Originally posted by sely View Post
                  You can blow up A thru the roof of the garage. Just place them on the floor from outside exactly above A-mcom. Smoke as a cover is necessary.
                  that's a negative ghost rider.....we don't glitch play here
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                    silly inferno.....we don't "arm" stuff at TG.....we blow it up!
                    Mmm, out of the times I've succesfully attacked 2A on Arica, I've seen it C4'd maybe once or twice ... and that was when a squad snuck into Alpha undetected and had a lot of time to pull it off. Even then, a lone defender can shoot you as you exit the MCOM and there goes a perfect plan.
                    There has got to be nothing more frustrating than succesfully inflitrating a TG-heavy team, placing C4, running out, heart in my throat, and then some bored pubbie looks at me "oh haha, you're an enemy, here, let me kill you 1 milisecond before you blow C4 on the hardest objective on the map."

... can't do nothing but laugh then :D

Seriously though, C4 just doesn't seem to work out on this MCOM. I've plenty of luck simply planting an MCOM and piling the room with medics.

Comment

Just to clarify, MCOM A in the garage is the 2nd set of MCOMs, no? I believe 3rd set A is in the bus near the bridge, right?

To me, the best opportunity you can get is through teamwork. Specifically, one guy (2 at most) goes in to either arm or c4 the MCOM. The key is that you have at least 2 watching the entrance to cover the MCOM attackers, or at worst, warn them of incoming defenders. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what can be done with nades, 40mms, or Gustavs shot in there, since those can be shot at a distance outside the coverage of the 2 "coverers".

Comment

Open the doors and arm it. Have a few guys stay inside to cover close range and everyone else moves to the houses above it to provide cover from an elevated position. While its ticking down, recons drop every mortar they have on B and around A. This will bring the B building down taking care of that MCOM and the mortars around A make it "fun" for anyone trying to get in to disarm.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Taking care of the enemy armor beforehand can save a lot of headaches with that one. Similarly, I've seen friendly armor act as a bottleneck/blockade in front of the entrance, even if it gets destroyed.

Comment

I think the A MCOM should be primary objective on this map as its harder to destroy than B MCOM. A real pain in the hole is trying to get A MCOM when whole defending team is focusing on it. If i get to arm it and i am assault a grenade spam right outside the door seems to work most of the time, with help of medics and recon balls. What i have also seen is a team getting control of the double construction site building and hitting the A MCOM with Gustav from the top floors.
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X