This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping to throw C4 farther

What does the general community think on this aspect?
    Should be allowed on TG
    47.30%
    Should NOT be allowed on TG
    31.08%
    Don't care either way
    21.62%

Re: Jumping to throw C4 farther

I figure we jump to throw nades and recon balls further, why not C4.

(I was just wondering if jumping allows you to throw anti tank mines further)
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

For me, this one's a tough call. Your throwing procedure, after some time, is built on force by habit. It gets pretty difficult to change your throwing procedure based on what you're throwing. In the heat of battle, you're just going to do what's natural.

For example, my guess is that no one has an issue when it comes to jump-throwing med/ammo boxes. If I see a ton of teammates farther away in need of resupplies/heals, I'm going to jump-throw the boxes (assuming I have decent accuracy) to save the time of running up and dropping it near them, in addition to the risk of getting killed in the process.

Additionally, it seems like most people here are kinda ok with the idea of throwing jump-throwing nades. It comes handy when throwing over buildings, or over farther distances to locations where you know an enemy is hiding, but the natural throw can't get to. What about throwing AT mines? when setting up, I would think it's best to throw the mines for a faster setup as opposed to dropping them, and risk being blown up by them as well (although it gets pretty skethy if you're throwing these mines near an enemy tank from pretty far distance).

My point is, it gets difficult to distinguish when it's ok to jump-throw and when it isn't, esp. since the mechanic is born out of habit. In the end, I don't care too much really, but I'm fine either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post

This would be my logic, but personally I do not care.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

why not allow it? bunnyhopping is defined as jumping to avoid fire.....this is not
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post

(I was just wondering if jumping allows you to throw anti tank mines further)
            In answer to your question....yes. Mines, nades, recon balls, ammo hubs and health can all be thrown further by pressing left click then jump.

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
              why not allow it? bunnyhopping is defined as jumping to avoid fire.....this is not
              ^
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

No if you're throwing C4 in a way that could kill or hurt your player soldier or you're throwing C4 as an excuse to avoid fire.
                Otherwise, yes. C4 is a lot of fun.

Comment

surprisingly, I voted for yes, continue to allow it

Comment

Based upon my extensive knowledge of warfare (watching movies and TV shows) Grenades are furiously thrown and can handle the acceleration and deceleration associated with throwing. IMO, jumping to throw a nade is not that big of a deal, I could picture doing that based on the nature of a grenade. C4 on the other hand seems like a thing you don't just jump and throw. c4 is usually carefully placed due to the fragile nature of it. I think jumping to throw C4 has no place on TG.
                    Last edited by sc1ence; 06-03-2010, 01:59 PM.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If we allow everything else to thrown, then why not C4 :)

I'll abide by whatever decision the admins hammer out.
                      We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

bunnyhopping is defined as jumping to avoid fire.....
                        link? :)

Comment

also, FWIW, as a player, I'd prefer we enforce the rule as it’s currently written. Jumping to throw anything is EXACTLY the same as jumping to avoid fire. Seeing soldiers bounce around is just stupid looking and totally immersion breaking to me; what they're doing mid-bounce (throwing something or dodging bullets) doesn't make a difference.

Comment

Bunnyhopping is a term we use to describe ANY jumping that you wouldn't see in real-world combat.

Which means that what? 70-80% or the time you hit space you are breaking the rules..
                            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              link? :)

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                              1) No Bunnyhopping
                              Bunnyhopping is a term we use to describe ANY jumping that you wouldn't see in real-world combat. Examples of actions that are FORBIDDEN: jumping to avoid incoming fire, jumping to make yourself a more difficult to hit target, or jumping to avoid damage from your own weapon (firing grenade launcher down at the ground, e.g.)
                              Link to the above quote

There's a link to the "rule" but as I found out, the "wouldn't see in real-world combat" portion of this rule is subject to the interpretations of the admins and not actually referring to real-world combat abilities.

I would think a slight modification to what venman posted...changing "avoiding fire" to "avoiding damage" would be a good summary of the rule, based on the examples provided in the official rule.
                              Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X