[VIDEO] R8 Heli changes on PS3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] R8 Heli changes on PS3

Thought this video might interest everyone, especially the heli jocks. Guy does some experimenting on the apache post-R8 on the PS3.

For those of you who don't want to view the entire thing, here's the take home:

-Heli's are more nimble
    -Flares will only get rid of a tracer dart (like smoke perk on tanks)
    -Flares will not get rid of a missile lock
    -10-15 second cool down for the flares

Re: [VIDEO] R8 Heli changes on PS3

That is from the PC client in testing - not PS3.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

nice find :) looks more fun for sure

Comment

They better get the flares working since they made the tracer so powerful.
        Together Everyone Achieves More!

Comment

So nimble! They don't look like flying bathtubs anymore! Should make them harder to hit with tracers as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Ubernoobie View Post
            So nimble! They don't look like flying bathtubs anymore! Should make them harder to hit with tracers as well...
            Why do I have a feeling its going to be a pain in the ass to take down a chopper now?

Comment

Oh yeah. I can't wait to try this out. Soggywaffles, being the only annoying guy with a tracer dart that I know of thats been able to shoot me down constantly, I challenge YOU to a DU-EL when I get back from leave!

Comment

Hopefully this means I can learn to fly like the good old 2142 gunship, I was a beast in that but I cant fly in BC2 for anything.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

So...any word on when exactly the PC update will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
                    Hopefully this means I can learn to fly like the good old 2142 gunship, I was a beast in that but I cant fly in BC2 for anything.
                    Always stay over and behind friendly bases. Fly a figure 8 in the sky to avoid tracer darts. Let your gunner do all the work. Your job is to stay alive.

That = win.

Comment

it looks really nice, but, if you take the smoke, dont get hellfires :( maybe you dont need smoke if the chopper is so agile?

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                      "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Comment

Originally posted by Tllyx View Post
                        Always stay over and behind friendly bases. Fly a figure 8 in the sky to avoid tracer darts. Let your gunner do all the work. Your job is to stay alive.

That = win.
                        The gun is surprisingly ineffective against Tanks. You cant just let the gunner do all the work. The choppers job is mainly to hunt armor.

Comment

Originally posted by sproge View Post
                          it looks really nice, but, if you take the smoke, dont get hellfires :( maybe you dont need smoke if the chopper is so agile?
                          Who needs hellfires? Seriously, 90% of the time armor gets darted, it dies to ground forces anyway. There is hardly ever a time where you actually get to hit something with a hellfire. Here is why I hate hellfires.

1. You have to be in the tanks ass before you can even fire the thing which makes you very vulnerable
                          2. They take too long to lock on, which means you have to stop flying evasively. That means you get darted and then shot down.
                          3. Half the time you have to estimate the time and hope you have lock. This generally ends up with wasted hellfire missiles.
                          4. And like I said above, you put yourself in harms way to go hellfire something and when you get up there to do so, infantry has just killed the armor. So now you are in harms way for nothing.

Hellfires are a waste. It's better to let your gunner shoot at infantry while you shoot your main rockets at tanks and harass them.

Want to make hellfires worth it? Give them the range that they should have. You should be able to hellfire from anywhere on the map and it should lock on just like a regular AT missile. Heli's IRL fire rockets like that from so far away that you do not hear or see the heli. All you know is that there was a big ass explosion near you or on you. The way hellfires currently are right now, they are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
                            The gun is surprisingly ineffective against Tanks. You cant just let the gunner do all the work. The choppers job is mainly to hunt armor.
                            The gun does roughly 2 damage a shot. A chopper that moves into enemy territory to hunt a tank is a dead chopper. It's more effective to fire the main chopper missiles at a tank from a distance than to move in. Let your gunner shoot at infantry and the enemy heli. Tanks cannot kill a chopper very fast if he is moving.

Comment

Hellfires have NO lock-on delay. Just sweeping over the tracered vehicle suffices. Check ExplodingSilver's video

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X