[AAR] 70th Trailblazers present: Scrim Sign-up: TGvsTG June 6th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] 70th Trailblazers present: Scrim Sign-up: TGvsTG June 6th

Good games, thank you all for coming out.

Final scores:

Conquest -- Laguna Presa
    Round 1: Team Bravo (Zhohar) won / Team Alpha (Abel) Lost
    Round 2: Team Alpha (Abel) won / Team Bravo (Zhohar) lost

Rush -- Port Valdez
    Round 1: Team Alpha assaulted and got as far as 2nd set of MCOMs with only Bravo left
    Round 2: Team Bravo got to the last set of MCOMs and won the round.

Screenshots / Rosters coming in a bit. Thank you all for coming so much -- that was a TON of fun :D

Re: [AAR] 70th Trailblazers present: Scrim Sign-up: TGvsTG June 6th

Please post any feedback you have regarding the scrim..

Anything you would like to do again?
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Alright sorry I had a power outage 1 minute, 30 secs after the scrim ended (I got really lucky :))

As usual, here are the scrim rosters:

Round 1 Game 1:

Round 1 Game 2:

Round 2 game 1:

Round 2 game 2:

Former TG-21st
      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Lets hear some stories!

Comment

I hope you guys had fun! The ribbons are up.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts: Submit a nomination!

Comment

Good times fellas. I look forward to the next time.

Comment

Had a great time. First time playing a battlefield scrim...cant wait till the next one! How do i ad a ribbon?

Comment

I am very sorry about leaving during the last round, something important came up. Good games and lots of fun we should do it again next Sunday :-)
                sigpic

Comment

You know what they say, hindsight is 20/20 :)
                  Here are some of the things swirling around Zho's head after the scrim. Next pick-em scrim will likely be for the weekend after this one (June 20th), unless there's something in the works for that day.

Laguna Presa Conquest – things learned:

1. Be able to move 90% of your team to a flag within seconds. Being able to respond quickly is one thing – being able to respond quickly with almost your whole team is much better. Also, ensuring there are balls on the flag you just left is important for knowing when to go back.

2. Don’t overcompensate for 2-3 people going for your backflag. Recon balls are very important during backflag defense.

3. 2 people minimum in armor, even on a 9v9 match. Light tanks are scary looking and they slow down furious TG assaults. This buys you time to respond. Buying response time with a clunky piece of (generally useless) metal is tasty.

4. Have I mentioned recon balls yet? :p
                  Seems like the only difference between the fights at Bravo that we won and lost was the amount of balls the enemy team had. Sure, we stayed alive on Bravo a long time, but they had more balls *everywhere* and that made their defense much easier. Hats off to Alpha team in 2nd round fight for Bravo.

5. Reviving non-squad-mates first makes a big difference, esp. on flag assault.

6. Bail jeeps behind cover. Bravo assault on 2nd round I bailed in water … bad idea. Bail behind cover always.

7. Send two people for backflags in order to harass tight TG squads who expect to face squads, not single or two-man forces. If done right, this results in back-flag chaos and more tickets gained than lost. If done wrong, it weakens the main force assault and loses tickets by those trying to flank. A judgment call, but definitely worth thinking about.

8. Demoralized people are easier to kill. Once a crappy attitude gains a foothold within your team, it just grows. If you ignore a crappy attitude, it just grows bigger and crappier. Happy people shoot better.

Port Valdez Rush – things learned:

1. If you’re going to RPG something, do it early. If you start late, even if you succeed, your team loses momentum and morale. It kind of destroys a team, even if you get that MCOM.

2. As attacker, constantly try to flank and break up the fighting. Tanks are awesome for creating confusion and breaking through.

3. Offense benefits disproportionately from the ability to spawn on anyone. Key to offense is breakthrough: one man makes it through; it’s easy livin’ from there.

4. Defense benefits disproportionately from geography: bottlenecks, cover-less ground. Key to defense is bottlenecking: find the narrowest part ahead of a set of MCOMs and put *everything* there, including balls, medics, and AT mines. Don’t “cover” this area: physically stand there at the mouth, in wide open area. Guaranteed way to reduce a huge number of attacking tickets, and demoralize the enemy team.

5. If attacking, be sure that everyone knows what “bring C4” means: assault + default weapons (shotguns, M14, Thompson, etc) + double the C4 perk. Nothing worse than being on an MCOM unnoticed without the ability to harm it.

6. Use medics to keep a push going. Medic is the most crucial role in a squad assaulting on Rush – you need to ensure that people playing Medic are people who a) shoot well, b) work well under pressure, and c) are active ingame. Medic is not a chump job: it is so crucial to do this effectively, literally one person can change the course of the game.

7. Don’t under-estimate TG teams. Shift expectations to match your own A game, not what generally happens on a TG server.
                  Scrims move faster than normal games. A lot faster. It’s deeply unsettling to have your expectations shifted, but adapting is the only thing you can do.

8. You can never have enough recon balls. Ever. If you’re recon, and you’re not harassing someone for ammo, you’re likely not doing your job.

9. Did I mention recon balls? :D
                  TG definitely needs more recon balls, and more harassing Assaults for ammo.

10. Conquest is much better than Rush for gauging team balance. Each team won one round of Conquest, but Bravo won both Rush rounds. However, when Alpha got stopped during the first Rush round, there was only 1 wall left on Valdez 2B. Future pick-ems organized by Zho will likely be Conquest only.
                  Last edited by Zhohar; 06-08-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Things I learned from this scrim.

Never ever be Co against the guy who thought you everything you know.. For some odd reason he knows what you are going to do before you do it yourself o.O

:P
                    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

My few takes:
                      - Scrim speed is definitely a few notches faster than your standard game. That was something that took a round or 2 for me to get used to.
                      - Despite how many medics there were, it always seemed like there wasn't enough. As a medic, I found downed teammates left and right. Being back in the action versus waiting the 10+ seconds to respawn made a HUGE difference.
                      - Defending a flag was highly underrated. Even if the flag defense ultimately fell, it bought enough time for the attacking teammates to react and recapture the flag. The lost tickets from the defenders deaths was largely offset by the tickets saved by minimizing the tickets lost to not having the flag.
                      - Kit adjustments were also huge. PL's tank was making short work of us early on in Laguna. After we shifted to medics and engies, we retook control, and the tank was a lot less of an issue.
                      - Recon balls were definitely the difference maker, at least in my eyes.

Def. a great scrim, fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                        Things I learned from this scrim.

Never ever be Co against the guy who thought you everything you know.. For some odd reason he knows what you are going to do before you do it yourself o.O

:P
                        You did a great job as a Co Abel. If it wasn't for your sexy planning we would not have taken that round.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                          - Kit adjustments were also huge. PL's tank was making short work of us early on in Laguna. After we shifted to medics and engies, we retook control, and the tank was a lot less of an issue.

Def. a great scrim, fellas.
                          There was no PL's Tank cause it was sitting in the base as i was keep on getting revived and each time when i wanted to say please don't revive me i was a second too late :-).
                          sigpic

Comment

Ahh Abel I love your "I know exactly what Zhohar is going to be doing," and he ends up doing something completely different.

Also, the first assault can be everything. The only round we won on Laguna Presa, myself and another person (I am sorry I cant remember who, I think it was PL) managed to quad up to B hill immediately and then get probably 15 kills in a row of people either running from C to B or on a quad, and that helped to build our momentum and we managed to hold it for the rest of the game :)

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                              You did a great job as a Co Abel. If it wasn't for your sexy planning we would not have taken that round.
                              Speaking of that ... what the hell happened after ya'll lost the first round?
                              We won the first one, granted, but it was dead even until 25 tickets left. Then ya'll came into 2nd round and had a 30-40 ticket lead the whole time. Whatever happened, must have been real effective.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X