Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fin dthe game cheaper than $39? Please post here..thanks..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fin dthe game cheaper than $39? Please post here..thanks..

I find it here for $39..for PC version..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/899...A16T4TS6226NVG

anyone know of it being cheaper anywhere else by chance?

Thank you..

Re: Anyone fin dthe game cheaper than $39? Please post here..thanks..

Completely off-topic but that review bugs me.

[snip]I tested it out in eyefinity running a 5970 with intels new 6 core cpu.. not that the 6 core cpu was needed[snip]
    Recently re-built my machine--swapped out my Asus Striker Extreme mobo and E6600 processor (and its 6gb of dual channel memory) for a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R and an i7-930 (and 6gb of triple channel memory, "same speed" of 1600mhz stock) while keeping the rest of the equipment the same--and the performance difference is obscene between the i7-930 and E6600. It's a processor-heavy game, one of the few that really justifies the title and I routinely see recommendations on forums saying you don't need more than a dual core but to beef up the GPU... Well, anyway. :row1_7:

That said, I would recommend you buy it through EA officially. I would be leery of a seller that's undercutting their profit that much on software. Then again, they're rated favorably, whatever that ends up meaning. EA is selling it digitally for the same price until June 13th as a Father's Day sale of some kind (http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/Conte...ThemeID.718200). You could also play a wait&watch scenario with the Steam store--it's bound to go on sale eventually.

Comment

Its not a processor heavy game. My i5 doesn't limit my 5870 in any way. He's probably right too. I dont know of any game with 6 core support.

Comment

You say that without specifying which i5 you're running. And I don't get how one of the only games on the market that actually recommends a quad core "isn't" CPU-intensive. The recommended 512mb gtx 260 isn't exactly the roaring beast, either.

Comment

lol BC2 actually is really CPU intensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyramion View Post
            lol BC2 actually is really CPU intensive.
            This is true, the frostbite engine also processes the Audio instead of your sound card or on board Audio, isn't that wonderful!

Comment

DICE has never really been known to make sane, mildly competent, or even rational coding decisions. Every game has used the same BF1942 server browser which has always been reviled and was worse than the original WON.net system of pre-Steam Valve titles. Of course, there's more but their games are always so damn fun that they make up for the stupidity. Almost, at least.

Comment

Ok..so my old quad is gonna choke on this? I have 8GB Vista 64-bit Ulty with 3.0ghx quad on air with dual rappy's in a raid with a 1gb 5870...

even crysis did not "really" bog mine down "that" much.

Comment

I have a 2.8 Ghz Athlon II 4 core w/ 4GB RAM and a GTS250 if I remember correctly and the game has absolutely no stuttering/lag issues on the defaulted medium settings which look excellent. It might be the visual effects but I don't even notice frame chopping when turning so I think I'm getting 60+ FPS. I haven't bothered turning them up to find out if that matters but it does use all four cores, but does not come close to maxing them all out. Shouldn't higher video settings be video card dependent since the physics will be the same for the CPU no matter what the video settings are?

Maybe the engine does less effects based on hardware?
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                    Ok..so my old quad is gonna choke on this? I have 8GB Vista 64-bit Ulty with 3.0ghx quad on air with dual rappy's in a raid with a 1gb 5870...

even crysis did not "really" bog mine down "that" much.
                    Most likely not.

Comment

Well..I have another question..

I have decided that I hate Vista..I am thinking of upgrading to Win7..would this be better or worse as far as gaming is concerned?

Comment

uh....way better. running win 7 pro 64 bit and lovin' it
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

did you ever find a way to get win7 "cheap"..?

pm me bro..

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                            I have a 2.8 Ghz Athlon II 4 core w/ 4GB RAM and a GTS250 if I remember correctly and the game has absolutely no stuttering/lag issues on the defaulted medium settings which look excellent. It might be the visual effects but I don't even notice frame chopping when turning so I think I'm getting 60+ FPS. I haven't bothered turning them up to find out if that matters but it does use all four cores, but does not come close to maxing them all out. Shouldn't higher video settings be video card dependent since the physics will be the same for the CPU no matter what the video settings are?

Maybe the engine does less effects based on hardware?
                            The CPU based physics are sometimes controlled by the "effects" setting in the game options.

Any decently clocked quad core should be fine. Dual cores need to be pretty highly clocked to keep up.
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Namebot is on the $ for this....quad core I am sure would do alot over the current setup.

Birdie, I will attest that I was running a dual core with a 5770 ATI card....lowest settings at around 35 fps with Windows XP.

I did a slow evolution with the OS switch to 7 and it helped on the performance. I think Lyra or someone posted a link to some folks that tested the 6 core v 4 core processors and it talked about the CPU bottleneck with all things being equal at all other hardware.

I ended up pulling the trigger and upgrading to:

ASUS Crosshair IV 890FX mobo
                              AMD 6-Core 1055 Thuban
                              4g DDR3
                              Kept the ATI 5770 card
                              Nothing OC'd yet and the mobo is incredible piece of hardware for it.

was obviously huge upgrade overall. Not trying to promote AMD by any means, but the 1055 chip was 190 ish from Newegg as far as price goes. I believe some of the intel folks will have prices on the i5's and such that are comparable. This at least gets me ahead on some of the games for a few. Everything is running at max with x8 alias and I still get 50-55 fps a game consistently even with the dust and debris from vehicles.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X