Expansion Pack: BC2 Vietnam.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion Pack: BC2 Vietnam.

If anyone has been keeping tabs on EA's E3 presentation you may have noticed, nestled in between the Medal of Honour and EA 'gun club' trailers... guess what? A sort clip of the new BC2 expansion pack!!!

Its set in Vietnam and has some new maps and vehicles. That is pretty much all you can get from the 10 second trailer. Oh, and its coming in 'Winter 2010'

No doubt the trailer will be on YouTube within the hour, but until then here is the best link I could find (5mins after it went live.)

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/55...Pack-Announced

Found the trailer, its at the end of this vid (1:40):
    Last edited by PaintScratcher; 06-14-2010, 06:18 PM.

Re: Expansion Pack: BC2 Vietnam.

How much money do they want me to shell out? :D

Comment

Winter 2010? I hope you mean 2011.

I don't mind the Vietnam expansion pack, since it'll add some variety to the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
        Winter 2010? I hope you mean 2011.
        I know it sounds strange, but unless they got the date wrong in their own trailer....

Double checked to make sure. I'll make sure to update my OP with the trailer when I find it.

EDIT: Found one, updated.

Comment

battlefield Blog

On stage at the EA E3 press conference we announced a new expansion of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with a new take on a Battlefield franchise favourite, Vietnam. In Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam you get to enter the jungle warfare environment as either the U.S. Marines or North Vietnamese Army (NVA). The expansion pack contains 4 brand new maps built in Frostbite including the popular Conquest and Rush game modes as well as Vietnam specific weapons, vehicles, persistence, unlocks as well as new awards, achievements and trophies.

Comment

the presenter at the beginning...it seems like she is the spokes models hired at the Chicago Auto Show to read scripts about the new cars rolling out :P

On topic though, I am happy they are moving forward with more content at least. i was wondering if they were going to pull a L4D 1 and announce a new BC being released in exactly 10 months from the launch date of number 1! Its interesting they have the "female" political officer talking over the loudspeaker.

Thanks for sharing gang! Good news :)

Comment

Jungle warfare, Vietnam, whats not to love? :D

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

no voip?
                Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Screw you EA, give me voip or give me BF3 :)

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

No Hue! I hope they have radios in vehicles again.

Comment

That looks interesting and should inject some new life into the game. Is it just me or did they just lift that loundspeaker voice from the BF: Vietnam map Saigon for this expansion? It certainly sounds just like the voice from the previous game.

Comment

How about they stop wasting time on this and get the frikken camo stuff out for PC so I can use my dr pepper codes at long last!

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
                          That looks interesting and should inject some new life into the game.
                          "injecting some new life into the game" is a concern that should *not* be surfacing within 4 months of general release.

I'm not sure which scenario is more unpleasant: a slow shift away from BC2 as people lose interest or an endless parade of DLC money-grabs from EA.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                          --BlackMirror
                          <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                          Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                          --Blackraven93

Comment

New content is always good and fun! Problem with map packs is that we'll need to run different server setups as some won't get it. As we've discussed before.

I still think VOIP will be fixed eventually though. It will add more fun teamwork to the game and reignite interest here. Because right now, people are waiting for that playing other games or until some other awesome teamwork game comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
                              "injecting some new life into the game" is a concern that should *not* be surfacing within 4 months of general release.

I'm not sure which scenario is more unpleasant: a slow shift away from BC2 as people lose interest or an endless parade of DLC money-grabs from EA.
                              Well, the game shipped with what, 5 different maps? And every single one is painfully linear in design despite the tremendous size they present...in Rush. Additionally, since the various game modes just hack off a small piece of one of the Rush maps for use at a time (and only that one piece), you're stuck playing the exact same experience over and over. Basically, BF:BC2 is everything that made "Infantry Only" suck in BF2 but with very bad maps and DESTRUCTION PHYSICS (every class but the medic is designed to cause tons of destruction and in my mind, it makes the game design look like a damn tech demo--"Whee, look at what our engine can do now! Please license it!").
                              I end up losing interest in playing mostly because of the random, well, lame crap that people will start pulling since I don't really have the interest to learn all the stupid quirk spots that break the map and overall game design. I never got frustrated with that in BF2 because the maps and game were designed with the quirks in mind ("Hmm, that silo in the corner would make an excellent spotting/sniping position...oh hey, look, a ladder!")

I just hope with BF3, they retain the BF2 class structure. BC2's "jack of all trades" class system is a large part of the problems the game currently has.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X