X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common misconceptions:

1. TG does not stand for teamwork.

TG does indeed stand for teamwork. Teamwork is a pretty way of saying "I will do boring and unfun things because they benefit my team."

2. Teamwork does not include bringing recon balls.

Teamwork does included bringing recon balls as they are invaluable for defending properly on Rush. Also, pretty much the core component of any well-organized squad. Also, not a fun job. See #1: teamwork = doing things the team needs, even if they're not fun.

3. Teamwork means running whatever kit I like, and then helping the team with that.

Teamwork doesn't mean running whatever kit you like: teamwork means running whatever kit the team needs, and personal fun comes second.

4. I can get away with being a lonewofling and self-serving playstyle so long as someone else does the dirty jobs.

If you aren't in it because you want to help the team, then ask yourself why you're here.

5. Not talking on TS means I'm "respectful of others" and I'm "communicating only key events".

Not talking is not talking: you aren't interested in helping. TG is about teamwork. If teamwork isn't your thing, then here, trying googling "BC2 community". Over 1 million results.

6. Starting sentences with "We need" and "Can someone" and "Why hasn't anyone ... ?" makes me look like a teamworker.

No, it doesn't. DOING WHAT'S NEEDED WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO DO IT makes you a teamworker. Asking for balls doesn't make you a teamworker. Bringing them yourself, so that you can help the team, does make you a teamworker.

7. Recon balls and supplying ammo to recons are "fancy" ways of defending.

Not so. Offense relies on breaking through, and spawning on the man that lives. Their job the job of sperm: so long as one out of trillions makes it out, we're in business. Your job is the job of condoms.
    RECON BALLS = CONDOMS.
    NO RECON BALLS = "I'm really good at pulling out, I swear" and then you ruin your life, become a single mother, and your child is raised in a crack ghetto neighborhood and becomes an alcoholic auto mechanic that commits suicide in a seedy apartment surrounded by his own filth.
    So. Bring recon balls please. Recon balls aren't fancy. They are integral, core components of a functioning BC2 squad. They are CRUCIAL in defending Rush. Elsewhere, they just make your squad twice as effective.

8. I'm going to wait for someone else to bring <insert one of: recon balls, medic kits, ammo, engineer mines> and I'll keep playing the same kit I did before.

Why are you here? If you're interested in leeching from a community that is teamwork oriented, then just don't wear our tags. Tags come with no "trial" or "requirement". Just think whether YOU want to be a part of TG.

---

To sum this up: teamwork is about doing what's needed by the team, not what you find the most fun at any given point. If that doesn't rock your boat -- then have a look at the primer, and ask yourself if you want to be here. Staying here because it's community filled with neat-o people shouldn't "cut" it -- you ought to stay here because you really believe in what this place is about.

Re: Common misconceptions:

Not so. Offense relies on breaking through, and spawning on the man that lives. Their job the job of sperm: so long as one out of trillions makes it out, we're in business. Your job is the job of condoms.
    RECON BALLS = CONDOMS.
    NO RECON BALLS = "I'm really good at pulling out, I swear" and then you ruin your life, become a single mother, and your child is raised in a crack ghetto neighborhood and becomes an alcoholic auto mechanic that commits suicide in a seedy apartment surrounded by his own filth.
    So. Bring recon balls please. Recon balls aren't fancy. They are integral, core components of a functioning BC2 squad. They are CRUCIAL in defending Rush. Elsewhere, they just make your squad twice as effective.
    Epic.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
    "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

I especially agree with your #6 and #8... Perhaps the most annoying use of TS there can be, repeated calls for "We need more medics..." "We need more assaults..." when something (health/revives or ammo) is needed. I feel like publishing a blog post demonstrating how to select one of those two kits, on a respawn, so that the situation can be remedied.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Originally posted by BlindGamer View Post
        Epic.
        I agree, it is Epic.

Comment

I'll skip some facetiousness and avoid some obvious bullets.

2. Teamwork does not include bringing recon balls.

Teamwork does included bringing recon balls as they are invaluable for defending properly on Rush. Also, pretty much the core component of any well-organized squad. Also, not a fun job. See #1: teamwork = doing things the team needs, even if they're not fun.
          Really? Who has said this? I hadn't noticed that recon's dropped in population numbers, because I'm still seeing lots of them on both sides any given day. Is it so hard to ask them to throw their balls? (heh)

3. Teamwork means running whatever kit I like, and then helping the team with that.

Teamwork doesn't mean running whatever kit you like: teamwork means running whatever kit the team needs, and personal fun comes second.
          You aren't going to sway many to your cause by telling them they can no longer play the game for fun. Just a, you know, FYI right there. We aren't in CAL or CEVO or nothing here, and I won't even say I'm on a limb when I say that most of us here play for fun.

Additionally, running a kit I like would be far more beneficial than running a kit that I suck at. What good is JohnBob playing a medic when he sucks at it and he would be much better served as an assault and laying waste to the enemy.

5. Not talking on TS means I'm "respectful of others" and I'm "communicating only key events".

Not talking is not talking: you aren't interested in helping. TG is about teamwork. If teamwork isn't your thing, then here, trying googling "BC2 community". Over 1 million results.
          No, I'm not interested in blabbing in your ear that I "Got that guy over there!" or "Gee this shure is a tough match!" People were bitching forever that there's to much senseless chatter.

You may want to re-read the SERVER RULES AND IMPORTANT INFO post again and scroll on down to the teamspeak segment. COMMUNICATING ONLY KEY EVENTS IS WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO.

6. Starting sentences with "We need" and "Can someone" and "Why hasn't anyone ... ?" makes me look like a teamworker.

No, it doesn't. DOING WHAT'S NEEDED WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO DO IT makes you a teamworker. Asking for balls doesn't make you a teamworker. Bringing them yourself, so that you can help the team, does make you a teamworker.
          Really? I thought I was helping by being a medic but shoot, why ask my TEAM for help when I could stop reviving people and starting throwing motion balls. Sorry bro's, I didn't wanna be an ass-hat and ask you to switch to recon, so I just did it myself, go find your own revives.

Asking for additional roles doesn't somehow mean that the person asking isn't already filling that role, or filling another critical role and simply pointing out what they see to their team.

Gee, I'm only one of 3 assaults on my team, and everyone sure is loving my ammo boxes, but I'm quite certain we need more medics, better switch my role and bring paddles, these jerk's don't need ammo anyway.

RECON BALLS = CONDOMS.
          Lack of recon's in Rush? I call shenanigans. Not only that, but even just 2 chewbacca's could do the trick.

8. I'm going to wait for someone else to bring <insert one of: recon balls, medic kits, ammo, engineer mines> and I'll keep playing the same kit I did before.

Why are you here? If you're interested in leeching from a community that is teamwork oriented, then just don't wear our tags. Tags come with no "trial" or "requirement". Just think whether YOU want to be a part of TG.
          "I'm going to ask and wait for someone else to bring recon balls and I'll keep playing medic because I don't see any other medics around here."

Oh wait, I'm a douche-bag now for doing that, shucks. I thought I was teamworking it up but I guess I wasn't.

Seriously dude, get off your high horse for a minute and think about what you just posted. If you see specific people time and again jerking around in-game take it to PM's, don't vomit a big post of garbage and make vague accusations that can't stand up to even mediocre scrutiny.

Comment

/popcorn

Comment

Yeah, gotta agree with Eclipse here. Even if we do have a good balance you aren't always going to have the right kit in the right place at the right time. Teamwork is also way more fun than whatever you think non-teamwork is. Let's face it, not everyone is going to be intense and 100% in the zone. In my opinion we are doing pretty good with ad hoc squads of people and filling needs as fast as can be reasonably expected.
              aka spartan421
              Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Eclipse.......I find the tone of your post to be rude and offensive. Please mind your manners in this public forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse View Post
                  Seriously dude, get off your high horse for a minute and think about what you just posted. If you see specific people time and again jerking around in-game take it to PM's, don't vomit a big post of garbage and make vague accusations that can't stand up to even mediocre scrutiny.
                  Eclipse, you miss the point. Zho's post is not an accusation. It's a guideline to help people understand TG standards. TG standards go beyond having fun.

Now, Zho happens to be a bit abrasive. You really should not take it personally. And calling it vomit is as bad as calling your own post mediocre scrutiny.

Comment

Guys, it isn't about getting the right kit. It's about teamwork, and that's what Zho illustrated. Getting the needed kits out on the field to preform needed duties is teamwork.

Originally posted by Eclipse
                    You aren't going to sway many to your cause by telling them they can no longer play the game for fun. Just a, you know, FYI right there. We aren't in CAL or CEVO or nothing here, and I won't even say I'm on a limb when I say that most of us here play for fun.
                    I think we all are here for fun. But the point is (as I'm sure you already know) is that we are playing with teamwork. Just because bunny hopping and Jihad Jeeping could be considered "fun," doesn't meant that it is something that we do here at TG.

Originally posted by Eclipse
                    Really? I thought I was helping by being a medic but shoot, why ask my TEAM for help when I could stop reviving people and starting throwing motion balls. Sorry bro's, I didn't wanna be an ass-hat and ask you to switch to recon, so I just did it myself, go find your own revives.

[snip]

Gee, I'm only one of 3 assaults on my team, and everyone sure is loving my ammo boxes, but I'm quite certain we need more medics, better switch my role and bring paddles, these jerk's don't need ammo anyway.
                    It's isn't supposed to me "oh noes, I don't have the correct kit that my team needs!" *Runs around in circles blindly until killed by a Carl Gustav*

Look man, you aren't stupid. I know you know how to play the game the TG way and help your team. All you've done is twist Zho's words.

Flarfignuggen, was that really necessary? Okay, so Zho said those two words, but bolding them and enlarging them really isn't mature in my opinion.

Comment

What is with you guys and your addiction to recon balls? Are you trying to find a substitute for your addiction to the IDSs of 2142?

Whenever i crab about not having enough medics is usually when i am one, running around reviving everyone. I eventually get shot and incapped, but no one revives me.

As for stating that Zho's post is a guideline for TG's standards, it's more or less crafted towards a play-style he prefers. Several people would argue that C4ing the MCOMs in Rush is non TG since it appears to be "unrealistic" or a "cheap" method of accomplishing the goal of the game. This isn't a crack on him, i just don't see as calling it the "TG-Way" appropriate.

TG represents team play, it's flexible and broad, allowing for several interpretations. Some would say that having the entire team attack one point head on is team work while others would say that using special maneuvers such as flanking and precision strikes is team work. I prefer that people would just have fun and kill each other in their own way without all this argument.
                      Last edited by Sir-Nerd; 06-19-2010, 11:24 PM.
                      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Eclipse I feel that you are taking Zhohar's post to the extreme. He is not saying that everyone should always run around as a recon for balls and forget the other classes, but it is more of a don't be a hypocrite post. Aka, don't complain about your team not having enough ammo boxes if your a sniper sitting in your main base not helping the team. There's no need to start an argument about it, if you did not like his post you could have simply said "Zhohar I do not agree with you for these reasons," rather then saying "don't vomit a big post of garbage and make vague accusations."

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post

TG represents team play, it's flexible and broad, allowing for several interpretations. Some would say that have the entire team attack one point head on is team work while others would say that using a special maneuvers such as flanking and precision strikes is team work. I prefer that people would just have fun and kill each other in their own way without all this argument.
                          This is money.
                          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
                            ...but it is more of a don't be a hypocrite post. Aka, don't complain about your team not having enough ammo boxes if your a sniper sitting in your main base not helping the team.
                            What Darth said.

The sentiments expressed in Zhos' post would certainly go along way in solving team imbalance issues. He's just asking for a bit of awareness and thought, it's the whole spirit of the primer thing.

Like any other team sport/game you get out of it what you put in.
                            We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                              Flarfignuggen, was that really necessary?
                              No. But then, neither is the thread. The amount of pretentiousness is almost painful. Sir-Nerd represents my true feelings but then, I'm a sarcastic person so when something this silly shows up, I tend to choose to use the posting energy in that way.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X