Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I try so hard to want this game to work but........ : ( http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/109617/

Sorry if it's already been posted.....I still enjoy the game. TG FTW!

The grass is greener on the other side, it just never stays that way.

Re: Hello

Who cares about competition play? Play the game to enjoy it, people playing competition usually are not even playing the game correctly anyway, always using exploits and bunny hopping to win.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
      Who cares about competition play? Play the game to enjoy it, people playing competition usually are not even playing the game correctly anyway, always using exploits and bunny hopping to win.
      I agree with the heart of what you say, but there's a lotta truth to the competition side of the things. Its got a bigger voice oftentimes, as there actually is some money and weight involved in major leagues with major games. Average players often times see some great benefit from things that are essential to competition play. Look back to 2142 for instance, with all the great video AARs that were made with the battlerecorder footage. That type of stuff really drove the community forward, as you could check out what other players were doing on the server, where they were going, when they flanked etc.

BC2 doesn't have as many options for this type of gameplay, but a demo function of some sort would certainly benefit the community, and the competitive play would drive the game further, and not to mention give more lasting life to the game (CS came out 11 years ago and is still incredibly competitive because of great community and developer interaction and support).

Comment

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal that BC2 isn't as competition-friendly. You do make some fine points though, Anospa. Community involvement (and thus it's lifeline) is hindered because of it. I can pretty much explain it in 2 words: Console Port. :(

I still love BC2, but it could have been WAY better. The features that fall short are clearly the features that are PC exclusive. I pray to the gaming gods that BF3 is a PC-only title.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
          I disagree with you. 21st and couple of members of 70th we play competition the TG way without using any exploits or bunny hopping. Its fun and we play it TG way.
          sigpic

Comment

I was in a tank driven by a 70th member Monday night and on one particular map, he drives the tank out of bounds across where you are not meant to be in the game, and using an exploit, got us thru to the backside of the enemy's "six" and started blasting them from behind..

So much for IHS players not using exploits..and that was on the TG server..

I witnessed this more than once..

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
              I was in a tank driven by a 70th member Monday night and on one particular map, he drives the tank out of bounds across where you are not meant to be in the game, and using an exploit, got us thru to the backside of the enemy's "six" and started blasting them from behind..

Unless there was an actual exploit (like clipping through something, or other clearly game-breaking issues) in use, then I don't really see where this is an exploitative action.

I'm gonna use 2142 again as an example, in the out of bounds buggy runs that people would make to covertly get from their UCB to an enemy flag or other area.

The reasoning can be seen as this: if you weren't meant to go into these areas at all, then you'd instantaneously die (dome of death, a la some PR/POE maps). You instead are given a countdown timer of how long you have to return to the engagement area.

Map tactics like this can give more depth to a game; you are forced to defend more fronts and cover more areas. Plus, it adds some dynamic battles to some maps, allowing you to break stalemates, etc.

Comment

So much for IHS players not using exploits..and that was on the TG server...
                Report them.

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                The reasoning can be seen as this: if you weren't meant to go into these areas at all, then you'd instantaneously die (dome of death, a la some PR/POE maps). You instead are given a countdown timer of how long you have to return to the engagement area.
                No, that's not how it works. There is no area in PR that you die instantly from out of bounds (and I highly doubt that exists in POE either). It's a usability feature, not a "use this time to get further" indicator; if someone walks out of bounds accidentally while fighting or running away from an enemy, and they died instantly, they'd be pissed. That's what the timer is there to fix.

Comment

I saw bunch of other people doing it with Hummers, and fast movers TG and non TG, for some reason i never thought of it as an exploit and i don't think it is since you going out of bounce and coming back when flanking accidentally a lot and the timer lets you do that for 10 seconds.
                  sigpic

Comment

Running out of bounds and back in bounds is not an exploit, that's why they made the timer so that you commit suicide if you stay out for too long.

Heck, your view is restricted somewhat while being out of bounds so if anything it can be a disadvantage in firefights.

Former TG-21st
                    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Being a relative newbie to TG and thus still "fresh" from understanding the primer, I don't see how running out of bounds and coming back in is an exploit if the player can be attacked while out of bounds. The attacker is still vulnerable. If the attacker can maneuver to a spot where the defenders could never reach, then I'd have issues.

Comment

I always thought this fell under one of the "just because you can do it doesn't mean you should" things in the game.

Here is a thread from a few months ago and I think WhiskeySix makes a good point.

Comment

Also when you go out of bounds not only timer start ticking, but you also loose visibility which makes spotting /shooting /killing much harder.
                          sigpic

Comment

I was the one that discovered this and was the first one to use it on the TG server. At first I didn't think it was against any rules or the primer since you are out of bounds and then go back in again. But after awhile I started thinking about the huge benefit it gave me and I must say I don't think that "move" should be allowed.

I don't believe going out of bounds and go back is wrong, you got 10 seconds and then you die.. Not much you can do during those 10 seconds. Except on that map, those 10 seconds will put you behind the enemy defense on top of the mcom and the only way to defend against it is to put the tank there and hope someone will do it and then shoot them.

So, that move on that map simply gives you little to big of an advantage for it to be ok in my humble opinion
                            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Consider the out-of-bounds area an invisible wall. A good rule of thumb is if you can't get where you're going without passing through that 'wall', don't do it.

...thread derailed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X