Client R8 and Server R15 - Release info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client R8 and Server R15 - Release info

According to this post, the new patch is coming out this Wednesday Jun 30th http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ease-info.html

The grass is greener on the other side, it just never stays that way.

Re: Client R8 and Server R15 - Release info

oh snap!~!!! my G3 is restored to its normal bad assery!
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

there are no bad ass guns. only bad ass players.

snap!

Comment

I assume it's June 30th 2010 right? After all, there is no mention of a year on the EA board post... :D

Comment

Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable. Adding time to the initial spawn timer could be a plus for squad/team organization and help equalize those with faster/slower load times.

:icon_frow
          |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
          sigpic

Comment

No word on those camo kit things - I want to redeem my dr pepper codes God damn it!

Comment

Zuzz V pnag jnvg sbe gur pnzb. Guvf cngpu frrzf zbfgyl havzcbegnag gb zr orfvqrf n srj tha ohssf. Gur rkgen nqzva gbbyf jvyy or avpr gubhtu. Guvegrra sgj.

But really, this looks good to me; I can't wait for the delayed spawn, even though I do have a fast computer.

The Balance tweaks are as follows:

Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
              The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
              The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
              The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
              Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
              Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
              Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
              Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.
              One thing does look disturbing though, the AN-94 is already probably the most popular assault rifle and it is going to be buffed even more.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I find it amusing that they're buffing the VSS and AN-94.

Comment

The wording is misleading, the An94 is actually being restored to its former state.

Comment

Spawn delay -FINALLY.

Also looks like I've picked the right time to start trying out the MG3 - that could get interesting. I'm assuming I should enjoy it now because it will be on the next nerf list.

Comment

890MB's and no VOIP. Patch looks fantastic!

*cough* FFoW.

Comment

MG36 x-hair in hardcore, FINALLY.

Although this scares me a little:

Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
                        How I'm reading that is that if you equip the lightweight perk your just going to end up as a bigger shooting target, and as a person who enjoys the lightweight perk that makes me =(

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse View Post
                          MG36 x-hair in hardcore, FINALLY.

Although this scares me a little:

How I'm reading that is that if you equip the lightweight perk your just going to end up as a bigger shooting target, and as a person who enjoys the lightweight perk that makes me =(
                          This was covered in another thread and if I remember correctly, it's simply a tweak of how the hitbox is now.

Comment

Does "tickets and bleed rate adjustable by server" mean epic battles can finally return to the battlefield series?

So after all this the next item on the fixlist must be VOIP :)
                            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
                              Also looks like I've picked the right time to start trying out the MG3 - that could get interesting. I'm assuming I should enjoy it now because it will be on the next nerf list.
                              The MG3 has an extremely low recoil countered by a very high rate of fire (as well as the least obnoxious LMG iron sights next to the XM8). So while it has lethally accurate 4-6 round bursts, its damage output is currently pretty abysmal. Even in HC, the gun is mostly a joke because without Magnum, it takes a minimum of 5-6 body shots (6-7 body armor) or 3 head shots (4 body armor) for a kill. And if you don't kill the target, the loud and unique firing sound gives your position and class identity away like nothing else. I'm going to guess its damage will be roughly the same as the M249's currently is after the patch, likely between 13-14 damage at close range and 10-12 at maximum drop-off, which should make it slightly less painful to use.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X