Client R8 & Server R15 Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client R8 & Server R15 Feedback

Hey guys, just wanted to create a thread talking about the new patch... if things were balanced for the better/worse, if bugs were actually fixed, if new bugs arose, or just thoughts in general.

First thing I noticed that everyone else will... if you haven't loaded the game and played a round:
    YOUR ORIGINAL IN-GAME SETTINGS WILL BE RESET TO DEFAULT!
    So be sure to set them back to your preference, or else you're going to end up like me, standing like an idiot over a dead teammate's body wondering why you can't pull out the defib. =T

EDIT: I'm also reading that the settings you made to the settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder have also been reset, meaning your FOV settings, if changed, need to be changed back to your preference if you editted them.

Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration:
    I'm not sure if this is due to this change, but my mouse feels a bit less responsive, as if sensitivity was decreased noticeably. This could be a result of the setting reset above instead of this change, but I just increased my mouse sensitivity, and it felt somewhat back to normal. It's pretty easy to get used to, but I'm sure others will have bigger issues with this than I do.

Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement:
    I only played for about 30 minutes (2 rounds on Port Valdez) on a pub server (no one was in TG). I'm not sure if it was because I was on a pub server, but I found hit reg to be noticeably better. Then again, these guys may not have been very good, but it just felt that hits were more "on point".

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings:
    This I love. I wish there was a filter to exclude hardcore and include modified (or any other variations who prefer hardcore), but currently there's only the hardcore check/x box. I'm not sure if this is limited to just the "hardcore" option, but at least other players will no longer be confused which TG servers are hardcore based on the filter.

Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log:
    I don't care to much about the ability to chat while dead, but I like the lines log. However, they moved the chat to the top left corner and the events/deaths to the top right corner. I guess this is fine, but if you're like me, your overlays are now blocking these, so you're going to have to readjust it. To me, the top corners are the natural locations for overlays, but it isn't a big deal to me.

Lastly, I also noticed a SIGNIFICANT increase in performance (went from ~70 FPS -> ~85 FPS). I did, however, update my ATI drivers to 10.6, so it could be that... or the patch? Maybe I'm in a giving mood to DICE right now.

There are a few other things I wanted to try out, but I didn't have enough time before rushing off to work. What are your guys' thoughts?
    Last edited by Pvt Brokeback; 06-30-2010, 12:25 PM. Reason: Update

Re: Client R8 & Server R15 Feedback

can we acog the g3 or m14 yet?....anyone?....Beuller?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Also be sure and update your Punk Buster version after installing this patch.

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
        can we acog the g3 or m14 yet?....anyone?....Beuller?
        no and no :(

As stated above, make sure you fix all of your mouse settings. All go back to square 1.

Comment

Originally posted by jb4 View Post
          As stated above, make sure you fix all of your mouse settings. All go back to square 1.
          jb, can you confirm FOV settings (and all settings.ini in general) gets reset?

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
            Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement:
            I only played for about 30 minutes (2 rounds on Port Valdez) on a pub server (no one was in TG). I'm not sure if it was because I was on a pub server, but I found hit reg to be noticeably better. Then again, these guys may not have been very good, but it just felt that hits were more "on point".
            I wonder if that means when using light weight perk you are easier to hit or harder...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
              I wonder if that means when using light weight perk you are easier to hit or harder...
              Arguably harder, but that's due to the nature of the speed perk in general.

From what I understand, the hitbox expands larger in front of you (not behind you). Let's pretend an enemy is running from your left to right. The hit box expanded so that shooting just in front of him (shooting just right of him) will result in hits (this is to mimic the idea that you're shooting where he's going to be, which is correct). Previously, shooting right in front of him would result in a miss.

What this doesn't fix is still registering hits if shooting slightly behind him, which means you still get the problem of dying when getting past a wall. It's better, not perfect. I just wished they moved the hitbox instead of expanding it.

Comment

As you get playtime the next few days I know the admins would like to hear any thoughts around the new default ticket counts and bleed factor on conquest maps. Dice changed these and even gave us the ability to tweak them further on a per map basis if something isn't working.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

jb, can you confirm FOV settings (and all settings.ini in general) gets reset?
                  Looking at 2 files; "settings" and "game settings"
                  The settings file where things like FOV and your video settings are seemed untouched. My FOV, video, etc are still the same.
                  The game settings file reverted back for all of the mouse sensitivity. I had to update the mouse acceleration, sensitivity, pitch, yaw, etc after the patch. I also had to reprogram the mouse 3 and 4 buttons for ammo, paddles, repair tool, etc. Not bad overall. Still tweaking the settings in vehicles.

Played a few rounds and the air countermeasures seem to work good against tracers. Choppers are staying in the air much longer.

Also noticed that they moved the UAV station on Atacama Desert up to the second level of the ship and it is protected from snipers.

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                    As you get playtime the next few days I know the admins would like to hear any thoughts around the new default ticket counts and bleed factor on conquest maps. Dice changed these and even gave us the ability to tweak them further on a per map basis if something isn't working.
                    What were they changed to? Without playing, I know I'd like a higher ticket count on conquest and a faster bleed. However, if it was changed from last patch.. then we'll experiment.

Comment

Played a few rounds and can definitely feel the difference with the weapons tweaks.

Two problems I've noticed:

1) I'm getting really bad FPS on some servers, but not all.

2) The crosshairs on the Gol seem to have vanished. The vertical crosshair is still there, but the horizontal crosshair is now missing.

Comment

Well the freezing before spawning is different for me now. It will allow me to spawn in but seconds after it freezes up again for 5-10 seconds. So I don't think it is fixed.
                        Anyone else confirm this?

Comment

Remember to check Crouch Toggle under Settings>Gameplay.

Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log:
                          I don't care to much about the ability to chat while dead, but I like the lines log. However, they moved the chat to the top left corner and the events/deaths to the top right corner. I guess this is fine, but if you're like me, your overlays are now blocking these, so you're going to have to readjust it. To me, the top corners are the natural locations for overlays, but it isn't a big deal to me.
                          It made it hard to report server violations – bunnyhopping, UCB vehicle stealing, etc… Getting the correct name of the violator usually (for me) results in my death.

Comment

Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs
                            Does anyone have the exact numbers as to how much the damage was increased? I ask because I am not feeling the improvements. Additionally, using the MG3 means I have to give up the speed perk for a red dot sight (MG36 has ruined me!).

Granted, I have yet to test it in HC. the MG3 always did wonderful in HC...

Comment

The main thing that I've noticed is that PB seems to be kicking a lot more cheaters on Pub servers, seems like 2 or 3 per minute.
                              It's not what you know,
                              It's not who you know,
                              It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed