Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From now on I'll repair my own tank, Thanks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From now on I'll repair my own tank, Thanks.

For some mind boggling reason, this patch update has included penalizing team kills with minus 100 points. I think that is a little over the top particularly now when tanks/armor lightly brush up against a repairing engineer and this causes a tk. I still appreciate anyone making the effort to repair armor and I will reciprocate in kind but this tk situation is absurd. On the plus side, enemy players trying to attach c4 to armor seem to be easier to roadkill, but that doesn't balance out the teamkill problem.
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: From now on I'll repair my own tank, Thanks.

Evidently you now also get -100 for each self Mcom damage also, I happened to be unlucky enough to catch an enemy recon while putting C4 on an Mcom earlier today only to kill both and end up with something like -500 for destroyed mcom + each mcom damage combined. I did look pretty sexy on the tab sheet with something like -450 points though :)

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
      Evidently you now also get -100 for each self Mcom damage also, I happened to be unlucky enough to catch an enemy recon while putting C4 on an Mcom earlier today only to kill both and end up with something like -500 for destroyed mcom + each mcom damage combined. I did look pretty sexy on the tab sheet with something like -450 points though :)
      Ouch

Comment

I noticed that last night. -100 is a bit rough.

Glad they dind't have that penalty when I accidentally took out half my team with an errant mortar barrage a couple weeks ago.

Comment

oh, I was under the impression we weren't worried about points....

I understand those that need points for upgrades, but AB, I'd think you'd be fully upgraded. Also, I think the benefit to the team of having an Engie repairing your tank and allowing you to stay in the driver's seat would be much more beneficial than the few incidental TK's that come from them repairing your tank.

On a side note, repairing Engineers should also have their fingers on the 'E' key at all times. Could save you from that sneaky Recon if he/she opens fire, from incoming mortar strikes and (now) as soon as you see the tank move.
          Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I get sick of the "suicides" resulting from deploying mines, and they happen to be detonated by either friendly or enemy fire.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Actually, the trick is to repair at the rear of the tank and continually run forward towards the vehicle. If it decides to move back, you get a nice view of the interior without dishing out a TK to the driver.

Comment

I'll admit, I've died a few times trying to repair a friendly vehicle by repairing from behind.

From my experience, I've learned that enemy fire typically comes from the front of the tank and one of the sides, rarely both. In other words, it's best to repair a friendly tank from the safe side of the tank. The engy is still protected from enemy fire, and is safe from a TK if the tank backs up to avoid fire.

... unless the friendly tank decides to pivot, but who does that?

Comment

I really like that you get -100pts for a TK now since people are a bit more careful to avoid the penalty..
                  Tho whole thing with the TK by touching tank I don't get at all tho, you die if you get near a friendly tank but to kill an enemy you basically need to pick up the tank by the barrel and hit him in the face with it o.O
                  Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                    I really like that you get -100pts for a TK now since people are a bit more careful to avoid the penalty..
                    Tho whole thing with the TK by touching tank I don't get at all tho, you die if you get near a friendly tank but to kill an enemy you basically need to pick up the tank by the barrel and hit him in the face with it o.O
                    If your repairing an allied tank, unless your from the sides, then you have to RUN once it starts moving. With full-speed moving tanks there's a meter-long buffer area around the vehicle where you can get TK'ed in without actually hitting the tank or getting in its way.

Former TG-21st
                    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                      I heard the warning that our box was armed. I ran toward it lobbing a grenade and laying down fire. Much to my surprise I blew the box and was -100 the wiser...

I feel the patch pain!

Comment

Hey maybe now people will think twice before trying to precision fire a carl gustav missile at an enemy surrounded by friendlies! But in all seriousness, I like that Dice decided to up the penalty for team killing. Even though I am as guilty as anybody else for the occasional friendly fire TK, I've always believed that there should be a bigger point consequence (Ok yes, caring about points is an ugly, ugly, horrible, terrible, cursed thing that nobody at TG should ever indulge in, but it's better than nothing). They probably overreacted with the decision to make it -100 points for a TK. You get 50 points for a kill so it probably should've been -50 for a TK.
                        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

why shouldnt it be more for a TK??? you think a TK should be equal for a kill?? not in my book, should teach you fire discipline then.....

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                            (Ok yes, caring about points is an ugly, ugly, horrible, terrible, cursed thing that nobody at TG should ever indulge in, but it's better than nothing). They probably overreacted with the decision to make it -100 points for a TK. You get 50 points for a kill so it probably should've been -50 for a TK.
                            maybe I'm reading into the bolded part because I commented about caring about points. I jumped the gun and didn't thoroughly read AB's post. He stated he appreciates anyone that tries to help and will reciprocate, which isn't what I was getting from the thread title and first part of the post.

The problem with TKs costing so much is because this is TG, we have an outstanding dedicated admin staff and a great bunch of regular players, who all follow the rules and play with basically the same mindset. Unfortunately, we don't make up EA/DICE's entire MP gaming profile. Many servers don't have admins and they have players that only care about themselves, or like just killing griefing. Now from the programmer's side what's the best way to deter this type of behavior? Negative points and being very liberal with them, make players aware when they are damaging teammates, equipment, etc. I hate everytime I get negative points from someone throwing a nade on my AT mines when friendlies are around them, mostly because I know my teammate is seeing that they were killed by me--hopefully they see it was an AT mine and not me being a jerk.

Last night on the server was an eye opening experience for me. I played as I had been since I got the game, when I kept seeing -25 points for team damage I realized how reckless I had become with my gameplay. I was forced to realize that I was hurting my team, I didn't realize how much, because previously TK's were the only reason for getting negative points. I reacted as I did because I don't see how anyone would see negative points for killing/damaging teammates as a negative.

Before the patch, the tanks were insane, I had friendly tanks pushing me halfway across the map, I was (unintentionally) glitched/clipped inside the tank--taking no damage, unable to fire or repair. I had enemy tanks run me over and push me into a corner where I could then chuck AT mines at them and they'd explode. I'd hate to imagine how many times that person cursed me out and were probably convinced I was hacking.

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                            why shouldnt it be more for a TK??? you think a TK should be equal for a kill?? not in my book, should teach you fire discipline then.....
                            QFT, I'd like to see team damage be about a negative 50/100 points with TKs around -200 and MCOMs -500.
                            Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

The thread title was meant as a snark. My main point was being penalized with a teamkill when a repairing engineer brushes up lightly against the tank(in particular when it is stationary or moves slightly) seems over the top. However, ImagePree has offered the solution. Repair at the back of the armor/vehicel. Try to avoid the sides.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X