chopper handling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chopper handling

i love how they tweaked the chopper so its more deadly in the air, now it doesnt take forever for it to turn left or right. plus i didn't have to use flares too much but they sure do help. plus ive noticed that the chopper takes more of a beating now too. but didnt have the armor perk. but yea, did a nice run on it though, my pilot got 16 kills in gunner seat on the apache.

Re: chopper handling

The helicopters take the same amount of damage. I figure that the key difference is that the tracer dart travels 200 m/s rather than 300 m/s now. While that won't save you from me, I've seen significantly worse accuracy with them. I'd give it a week or two, though, before any concrete conclusions are made either way.

Comment

I did not care for the choppers in BF2 as I felt they were way overpowered. I always fell into the camp of making them more deadly, but also more vulnerable to ground fire (just like real choppers).

I felt that BC2 took it too far in the other direction. They were like paper mache' and with the linear nature of the maps, pilots really didn't stand much of a chance. They seem much more balanced in both deadliness and survivability with the new patch.

Comment

Atacama desert to me feels like the only map large enough to really be able to use a chopper well, besides simple one-way transports.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
          Atacama desert to me feels like the only map large enough to really be able to use a chopper well.
          Tyllx and Dr. Beat were tearing it up last night with the improved handling and countermeasures. Now that the tracer is 33% slower it makes it more difficult to hit a moving target. Attack choppers should be a threat in good hands and that seems to be working out now. One of the early rounds was an epic battle over the B point on Atacama.

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
            Atacama desert to me feels like the only map large enough to really be able to use a chopper well, besides simple one-way transports.
            After what I saw you doing last night, it seems you have adjusted well. Did you ever get show down?

Comment

Originally posted by Vita158 View Post
              plus i didn't have to use flares too much but they sure do help.
              This is a really ignorant question I'm sure, but what key activates the flares?

Sound's like I'll have to try my hand at piloting again (on an empty server, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
                After what I saw you doing last night, it seems you have adjusted well. Did you ever get show down?
                Yea Tllyx and I got shot down twice last night; once we got caught by surprise by the AA gun when we assumed one of the tanks had shot it, and then another time Zhohar got a lucky hit on us right as we shot him down.
                Last edited by MacLeod; 07-04-2010, 01:46 PM. Reason: Grammar

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmus View Post

Sound's like I'll have to try my hand at piloting again (on an empty server, of course)
                  choose the smoke perk and use your secondary button.. RMB is default on the mouse..
                  Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmus View Post

you need the smoke for the vehicles perk in order to use flares. once you have that, you have to be the main pilot and not the 2nd gunner to use flares. the key that you use is your right mouse button or whatever key you use to fire use your 2ndary fire key to get rid of the trace. that being said its the same way that if a tank gets hit by a tracer dart, when you are getting locked onto, deploy your flares, if there is a missile its in the sky already locked on, your flares will not make the missile go into a different direction, either take the hit and hope its a chance that your still alive, bail out of the chopper, or die from it and spawn back at the base. but once you get a flare on your chopper, then deploy the flares right away, then the tracer will disappear.

Comment

Yeah, it's kind of adorable watching pilots use flares after the missiles have already been launched. Had one player that absolutely raged out about how "useless" the flares are after the fifth destroyed helicopter.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X