• What ever happened to q-spotting

Q-spot more please!

Your first bullet should be a Q-spot!

Re: What ever happened to q-spotting

My game hasn't updated, sorry.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I still Q spot as a reflex from 2142, but 75% of the time it doesn't work.
      2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
      BC2: |TG| Wesb2
      BF3: Wesb23

Comment

I Q spot before I shoot every time except when the stupid game thinks I'm spamming.
        aka spartan421
        Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Originally posted by wesb2 View Post
          I still Q spot as a reflex from 2142, but 75% of the time it doesn't work.
          I have the same problem. I run into both over spotting and a restriction of range. I can see the target but cannot spot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakaleel View Post
            I have the same problem. I run into both over spotting and a restriction of range. I can see the target but cannot spot it.
            The range on spotting is extremely long (you can see this on Atacama Desert--spotting range goes an insanely long distance but is almost entirely useless for infantry after about 150-200m). However, the "box" for spotting is conical in shape, so the further out you are, the less precise it lets you be. It has a tendency to make that errant leaf blocking 1/500th of your vision "box" into an impenetrable shield for whatever you're trying to spot.

Different objects also seem to have different scan sizes for spotting, too, although I haven't taken the time to confirm it. I suggest this because spotting the UAV, even if it's hiding in trees, is exceptionally easy.

Comment

Yeah, as annoying as the "hit Q and watch everyone in your field of view light up" was in Bf2/2142, it is much much more annoying to hit Q as you track an enemy running across a road without the orange dot coming up. I still do it, but it rarely works.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                Yeah, as annoying as the "hit Q and watch everyone in your field of view light up" was in Bf2/2142, it is much much more annoying to hit Q as you track an enemy running across a road without the orange dot coming up. I still do it, but it rarely works.
                I agree.

I'm worried people will get out the habit of spotting if it remains problematic.
                We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

I spot everytime thanks to BF2. Need more ppl doing this though
                  TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

That's why I like to fly the UAVs. You don't seem to have the spam restrictions on the UAV like you do on the ground. You can also light up multiple contacts at once. On a tight map like Valparaiso for example you can easily have the whole place lit up like a Christmas tree with just a few taps of the Q key - another reason to load out optics on the UAV.

Comment

I always q-spot - I really miss the really fully featured q-spot tool from BF2 and 2142 - but more often than not - it doesn't work. Disappointing, but true. Even in situations where you don't want to fire - for fear of being found, etc. - hitting the Q is really easy.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

I am horrible at shooting, much more helpful with a health kit, paddles and the q key. I got my first double spot from the ground the other day unless it was coincidental and someone else spotted the target right next to him at the same exact time. I think this is one of the easiest ways to help your team keep keep up their situational awareness.
                        Death Before Dishonor

Comment

I know there is a way to key bind LMB with keyboard Q so you can spot automatically with your first bullet, trying to figure this out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                            I know there is a way to key bind LMB with keyboard Q so you can spot automatically with your first bullet, trying to figure this out.
                            I remember trying this when I first started playing. I think all you have to do is go into your control settings and set Q spot to the left mouse button so that it's bound to both fire and q-spot. Unfortunately the problem with this is that after you start firing on the first target which will usually be more than a few shots, the game will think you're spamming Q-spot and will not allow you to spot anyone else for a short period.
                            "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

You can't call out for meds and amo as well
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed