Onslaught Coming to PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onslaught Coming to PC

The consoles have had Battlefield: Bad Company 2’s Onslaught paid DLC for a while now, but DICE have just confirmed to PC Gamer that it’s coming to PC.

They’ve reworked four multiplayer maps to fit co-op play – Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Inocentes, and Nelson Bay – and each one will focus on different aspects of the game, like vehicle combat or infantry assault.

“We’re thrilled to bring something new and fresh to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 while still keeping Battlefield’s signature gameplay intact,” says DICE senior producer Patrick Bach. “We want to
    consistently support the over 4 million fans playing the game with new ways to get into multiplayer and also challenge the elite players with new experiences to improve their performance online. Effective squad play is the key to success in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer and this new mode will provide players with a dedicated environment to test their team skills and rank against the competition.”
    Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/13/ba...-coming-to-pc/

As I understand it, onslaught servers are smaller capacity maps... so I guess we can care less?

Re: Onslaught Coming to PC

I'm not paying more money towards the battlefield series until there is one developed specifically for PC. I'll gladly accept all the new free content they release.

Comment

We’re thrilled to bring something new and fresh to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 while still keeping Battlefield’s signature gameplay intact,
      I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Sorry DICE, there is no signature gameplay here.

Comment

BC2 is Quake 3 with 4 man squads. It's definitely not a Battlefield title.

Comment

Originally posted by Tllyx View Post
          BC2 is Quake 3 with 4 man squads. It's definitely not a Battlefield title.
          What??!?!?!?!?! I agree that its not a regular battlefield title but it is now where even close to Quake 3. Not even close.
          sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinman13 View Post
            What??!?!?!?!?! I agree that its not a regular battlefield title but it is now where even close to Quake 3. Not even close.
            Actually it is very close to that. Guns have little recoil, you move around really fast and the gameplay feels more arcadey akin to Q3 than a Battlefield game.

Comment

Just an FYI, it appears that the onslaught-to-PC idea is bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                Actually it is very close to that. Guns have little recoil, you move around really fast and the gameplay feels more arcadey akin to Q3 than a Battlefield game.
                C'mon it's far far more similar to other battlefield games than to Quake 3, under tons of aspects. If ou tell me it has moved slightly towards an arcade approach and is more similar to Quale and the likes than the other battlefield games I could accept that as a comment, but stating it is more similar to quake than to other battlefield games is really exaggerating the whole thing a lot

Comment

How is BC2 not like Quake again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_T...ry:_Quake_Wars

Quake Wars is a class-based, objective focused, team-oriented game. Teams are based on human (GDF) and alien (Strogg) technology. While the teams are asymmetrical, both sides have the same basic weapons and tools to complete objectives. Unlike other team-based online games (such as the Battlefield series), the gameplay is much more focused on one or two main objectives at once, rather than spread all over the combat area. This allows for much more focused and intense combat situations, similar to the original Unreal Tournament assault mode.

Each player class normally has new objectives show up during game play, many times based around the specific capabilities of that class. The game also has the capability to group players into fireteams for greater coordinated strategy. These fireteams can be user created or game generated depending on the mission selected by the player.

The game has an experience points (XP) rewards system in place, which rewards every player some points depending on the mission completed. This accumulated XP later leads to unlocks which may vary from availability of new equipment/weapons to abilities like faster movement or more accurate weapons.[13] These rewards are reset to zero after the completion of every campaign, which consists of three unique maps, all with a common locale/region.

http://www.activision.com/index.html...&brandId:Quake

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™* is the ultimate online strategic shooter.
                  Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™ offers players:
                  • Two playable armies, each delivering a totally unique gameplay experience, with distinctive technology, abilities, weapons, vehicles, and structures.
                  • Combat focused on key Capture, Construct and Destroy objectives, but open-ended to allow limitless strategy and improvised missions and tactics.

Comment

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/07/16/bfbc2-no-oh/
                    Originally posted by DICE
                    The article published by PC-Gamer is not accurate. We are currently researching if Onslaught will be available for PC. No release date.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Tllyx View Post
                      How is BC2 not like Quake again?
                      You said Quake 3 with your first comment and BC2 is nothing like Q3. Quake Wars?... dunno I never played that one.
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                        You said Quake 3 with your first comment and BC2 is nothing like Q3. Quake Wars?... dunno I never played that one.
                        Ahh you're correct, I did. My mistake. Meant Enemy Territory.

Comment

I have to agree that BC2 is very much like Enemy Territory Quake wars, which was a pretty good game btw. Hopefully a PC focused battlefield will come out in the near future.
                          2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
                          BC2: |TG| Wesb2
                          BF3: Wesb23

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse