Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

    My post

    Hope the TG big wigs don't mind, I dropped the TG name in the post.

    sigpic


    Comment


    • #17
      Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

      I would like to see MCOMS getting more hp. IMO they are still too easy to take down with C4 and/or rockets.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

        Originally posted by Xen
        All they really need to do is put a timer similar to the mortar on the action to make it alittle more realistic.
        I agree with your suggestion but please, don't refer to it in any shape, way, or form as being justified by "realism". Yeah, I'm being nit-picky but the whole concept of the defib, even without being anywhere near a medical field, drives my eyes a little red.

        Originally posted by FL1Pmode
        I would like to see MCOMS getting more hp. IMO they are still too easy to take down with C4 and/or rockets.
        What difference will having to send in a second (give or take) supply of explosives make? That said, it's already bad enough that the computer box takes more direct hits than a half dozen Abrams.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

          Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
          I agree with your suggestion but please, don't refer to it in any shape, way, or form as being justified by "realism". Yeah, I'm being nit-picky but the whole concept of the defib, even without being anywhere near a medical field, drives my eyes a little red.
          Oh I'm there with you, trust me. As an EMT I can tell you, a defib machine only scrambles the heart beat so that it can restart with a fresh beat. It won't work on a heart that isn't sending signals to beat. When I said it would make it a alittle more realistic, I was talking in the sense of taking the few seconds/minutes to assess the patient and going about implementing a course of stablization. It should take an ammont of time, and in that sense, I see that as being a bit more realistic. The use of the defib is completely un-realistic but, this is the engine we have to deal with, if we want to be able to play with friends and other community members.
          sigpic




          Comment


          • #20
            Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

            Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
            I agree with your suggestion but please, don't refer to it in any shape, way, or form as being justified by "realism". Yeah, I'm being nit-picky but the whole concept of the defib, even without being anywhere near a medical field, drives my eyes a little red.



            What difference will having to send in a second (give or take) supply of explosives make? That said, it's already bad enough that the computer box takes more direct hits than a half dozen Abrams.
            Because right now there is very little incentive to actually arm the MCOM when you can blow it up or collapse the building on it. It detracts from the playing experience. Sure it is fun when you are the one blowing it up, but no so much as a defender.

            And since this a highly unrealistic game, the MCOM taking more direct hits than Abrams tanks is moot. That said, they really SHOULD make the vehicles more durable. Right now most of them ar egood for transportation only.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

              Originally posted by Xen View Post
              Oh I'm there with you, trust me. As an EMT I can tell you, a defib machine only scrambles the heart beat so that it can restart with a fresh beat. It won't work on a heart that isn't sending signals to beat. When I said it would make it a alittle more realistic, I was talking in the sense of taking the few seconds/minutes to assess the patient and going about implementing a course of stablization. It should take an ammont of time, and in that sense, I see that as being a bit more realistic. The use of the defib is completely un-realistic but, this is the engine we have to deal with, if we want to be able to play with friends and other community members.
              Sort of reminds me of the medic systems in America's Army 3 in that you had to diagnose, and treat the wounds (leg, arm, etc.), not just shock them, put a band-aid and kiss it and make it better.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                My post

                Hope the TG big wigs don't mind, I dropped the TG name in the post.
                *cough* name dropper *cough*
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                  Originally posted by venman View Post
                  *cough* name dropper *cough*
                  :icon_lol:

                  sigpic


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                    Who cares about VOIP. I'm just glad they are focusing on important things like "radios in the vehicles".

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                      AT4 weapon balance on the list of things being looked in to? I personally can't see what is wrong with the AT4. It does good damage against armor, killing faster then any other rocket. It's what it's ment to do, where is the problem with it?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                        Originally posted by Pyth View Post
                        AT4 weapon balance on the list of things being looked in to? I personally can't see what is wrong with the AT4. It does good damage against armor, killing faster then any other rocket. It's what it's ment to do, where is the problem with it?
                        They nerfed it. Previously, the AT4 damaged vehicles the most. Now, it's on par with the RPG, minus the ability to lock on traced vehicles.


                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                          C4 damage is fine on MCOMs. I also believe if the MCOM can be damaged, it should be able to be repaired. This, however, would slow the rush game down substantially and I do not believe that is the purpose. Rush is meant to be fast paced action. Objectives destroyed.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                            If you want to fix the RPG or CG spam then they should make it so ammo hubs don't rearm them, you get your shots and that's it, use them wisely, i.e. on a tank or apc vice as a primary weapon.

                            Oh ya, and the invincibility after revives is a bit OP, it used to not bother me but I'm finding lately that it often gets me killed. I've began concentrating on the reviver with the hope that by the time he's dropped I can turn my attention to the person he just revived. But, when you're playing against experienced/twitchy players more often than not it ends in my death. I just don't think it's reasonable the way it currently works. Like I said, I've learned to work around it but that's not a solution to what I consider to be a problem with the game mechanics.

                            Besides, I take advantage of the revive invincibility, many, many times I will revive a person while under fire knowing that the person will be invincible and likely take out the person on persons firing on me. But that doesn't mean it's balanced at all.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                              I would say that the major problem is that we were (and some still :P) expecting a Battlefield game. For my part, it is the worst game I'm bought put in price/quality because the only thing I got was fancy visual effects with buildings destruction.

                              Squads - They're just some spawn points and extra points, please Dice, check the dictionary definition of squads.

                              Maps are too linear - Why? - Bad map design? Can't coordinate flanking attack because of no VOIP and no communication between squads? Both.

                              Vehicle - What!? oh never mind that is just a cardbox.

                              Game isn't deep enough / VOIP - No out of bound rush, chopper squads drop, no team flanking, all of that because NO COMMUNICATION = Not a Battlefield game series. It's the way the game is built they can't really change it. No special armor damage (like hitting vent in the back of tank in 2142), little details like that add deepness in the game. The game as been rushed out and they haven't been able to work this out mainly fixing VOIP. Unfortunately, without a leading structure (CO, SL) even with VOIP fix (WHAT IS THE POINT OF GETTING A GAME OUT KNOWING - YES KNOWING - THAT VOIP ISN'T WORKING?!? It's like: "Here buy this chocolate ice cream, but there no chocolate flavor... just frozen water with a pinch of sugar" Please make more fun out of us DICE - God I was angry when I bought that game and still, Thanks for letting out my psychological repression haha) So yea... even with VOIP fix, squadmate will not listen to you (unless you know them but then again playing vs a all TG server may leads to various problems) therefore, VOIP will not fix the teamwork issue and the game will stay the same and in like 1 hour you'll have seen everything of the gameplay.

                              And one thing... what the point with the 100 weapons? I know it's a nice feature saying you can customize 10000 kit variant but... everybody is using the same 10 weapons... plus trying to make them all equal is kind of... Counter productive I could say?

                              Thanks for letting my heart go up my throat and then out on my keyboard to type that little word :)
                              One koala met another koala. Then they killed stuff.... 2 Koala Army!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: DICE ask "What are your biggest issues?"

                                Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                                They nerfed it. Previously, the AT4 damaged vehicles the most. Now, it's on par with the RPG, minus the ability to lock on traced vehicles.
                                Ahh I see, I'm just coming back to BC2, I initially played the few weeks after release before shelving it for a few months while they ironed out the worst of the bugs. Hence my still thinking it was the AT weapon of choice. Though I did notice it seemed a touch underpowered today.

                                Comment

                                Connect

                                Collapse

                                TeamSpeak 3 Server

                                Collapse

                                Twitter Feed

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X