Please come to TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please come to TS

I know BFBC2 isn't the game most suited for teamwork play compared to the others played here, I know and agree with the fact that is a bit too much arcadey and quick, still communicating has a big role in this game and I am saddened when I see I'm alone in TS with 7 other people wearing the TG tag in my team. about a fourth of the games I play I can't contribute with voice chatting due to lae hours here in europe and my neighbours' daughters sleeping on the other side of the wall where my desk is placed but even when I can't speak I always connect to TS at least to listen with the mic muted (ugh second thread started and second complaining one, I am surely not contribuing to my "public image" here, though I want to say that since I wrote the first thread I'e come to appreciate the maturity, good behavior of the community, finding several nice people and indeed realizing day by day even more that I couldn't have posted a worse example than the 70th, who have been very very friendly and supportive, for my example concerning the rant about teamstacking)

Re: Please come to TS

When do you normally play? During peak times (evenings after work, 6:30pm PST) TS full of players. Unfortunately, that's really the only time I can play, so I don't know how it is at other times.

The activity of the TS I'm sure has a lot to do with when you play. There are a lot of players with TG tags that I haven't seen on the forums, but they adhere to the TG way. Several of those with tags, even at peak times, aren't on TS. Your best bet is to squad up with an IHS member. I'd say most players with IHS tags are vocal on TS, even if BC2 isn't their main game.

Comment

I support this product and/or service. I am thinking there are some reasons people are not on teamspeak. Maybe they want to listen to Viking Death Metal instead of talking to us. Maybe the burden of switching channels occasionally is too much to bear. Maybe they alt-tab and their overclocked 486/66 crashes and they lose their 56k connection. Well, what's your excuse?
      aka spartan421
      Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Brokeback I've also had the pleasure of playing sometimes during the so-called peak hours, unfortunately these are the moments where my mic use is very limited (18:30 PST is 03:30 CET, my neighbours certainly sleep at that hour). But that's not the point. I feel like adhering to the TG ways means, obviously only if you can, trying to communicate too: of the 7 players wearing a TG tag at the point of that game, 5 were from an IHS, I was joined on TS by tilyx and another guy who had no TG tag (sorry if I don't remember your name) and they both quickly left because it was obvious that there was absolutely no will at all to do teamwork by the TG-tagged players. I know there are several reasonable explanations by not being able to communicate through TS (ranging from not bothering others around you in RL which is my issue, to simply having a cold and not being able to talk etc.) but communicating is a very important part of teamwork which is basically one of the pillars of the TG-way of playing as I understood it (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still a newbie here). Whenever I can't communicate through TS I try at least to be in the teamspeak channel and communicate through chat when I'm dead now that it is possible, or even if I have no sound on (that never happens to me but I assume it might be an issue for some) I would surely try at least to give some information by chat, or at least write at some point "sorry guys I can't come in TS" or something like that, or at least answer when I'm asked why I'm not in the channel. PS there was a full squad from an IHS playing, clearly communicating by themselves (it was crystal clear from how they moved etc), clearly not even bothering to answer the questions we asked not in the TS channel because they wanted to play by themselves, IMO this is no TG way, for only squad action there are plenty of team deathmatch or squad rush servers around. I just feel that each one of us can have several motivations for not being in TS, that is surely acceptable and in no way I want to say that people need to be forced to be in TS but IF you have the possibility to be in TS communicating in TS I feel like it should be done, because as far as I understand it TG should be for people that strive to play as a team as much as they can, maybe I'm too idealistic about what I feel is TG and what attracted me to this community as soon as I found it (I repeat, I REALLY like playing here, the overall atmosphere is great etc. etc., I just feel like being new here I can provide a "fresh look" into what I find correct or not, and I might make really big mistakes, heck I surely do, but my only purpose in writing these things is to try to contribute to the community as much as I can)

Comment

I completely agree with Dagdam0r. I believe anyone playing on the TG server, if in TS, should be in the team channels. Especially IHS', who are looked at to a higher standard from non-IHS and non-TG members. It is detrimental to the team and to TG to be sitting in your IHS or any other channel other than your team channel while in game.

I'd like to focus on this point from Asch's post about playing bad company 2 the TACTICAL GAMER way.

Originally posted by asch View Post
          Communication
          A critical piece to teamwork, however, is communication. We have natural leaders in this community who readily step up and lead their fellow players. We also have great followers who fill their role since we can't all be leaders at once. Some players are very vocal while others tend to only speak when necessary. All have their place.

Unfortunately Bad Company 2 is presently defective in the VoIP department so we're having to rely on teamspeak as our primary communication mechanism. Since communication is a key piece to Tactical Gamer it is expected that players are on teamspeak communicating with their squad and / or their team. If we refer back to our rule-set we'll notice that audio is required. The admin team has been lenient on this due to the VoIP issue but that shouldn't excuse anyone from not joining up on teamspeak.

Organization on teamspeak can be difficult at times due to all the chatter in the team channel. When a game is currently in progress, it is expected that any and all chatter in the team channels be related (i.e. organization, contact reports) to the game at hand.
          Major points out of this are:
          1. Communication is critical to teamwork
          2. It is expected that players are on teamspeak communicating with their squad and / or team.

People come to TG because of the amount of teamwork and skill that they experience on our servers. We need to do what we can to keep these people and overall add more great players to our community. I can asure you that they will not stick around when they log on to TS expecting teamwork and communication only to be disappointed that players are scattered out in their IHS' and other channels.

Every single member in the 70th makes a point to be in the team channels when playing BC2. This point was made when we founded the IHS and has been that way since day 1. I encourage every other IHS to do the same.

Comment

dag, please don't take this as if I'm condescending in any way, I'm just trying to be constructive, but if you're going to post a somewhat lengthy post, it would help the rest of us better understand your points if you organize what you have to say into paragraphs. It improves readability, and helps you get your points across more effectively. I think I'm a victim of creating too many paragraphs =T

I know sometimes IHS's communicate in-game within their own channel. Like Tllyx and yourself, I'd prefer they join the main channels, but I guess the forgiving-me can't blame them. They're an IHS, so they're relatively close. In addition to gameplay communication, they could be filling the channel with random chat, something that not all players want to hear (or they want others to hear).

I've played on the server when there's minimal to no communication, and trying to create comm by yourself feels pretty demoralizing. After all, with no one responding, you feel like you're just talking to yourself. That'll turn many people off, and they'll just remain quiet themselves. I always try to lead by example, both on the battlefield (arguably too much sometimes) and through TS, communicating as long as others are in the channel, As long as they hear me and it helps them, I'm doing my job, even if I don't know it (I like to think it does).

I'm sorry you're not experiencing true teamwork, but I feel that you're doing the right thing communicating to your teammates. Continue leading by example. On the TG servers, it's only a matter of time until someone positively responds to your calls.

Comment

Yeah sorry for my brick wall of words, I can't seem to even finish my sentences, let alone paragraphs, it's relatedto the way we are used to write in italian always connecting sentences together rather than separating them... it was my main issue years ago in writing essays for the english class in my one-year as an exchange student in ohio...I'll try to force myself into shorter sentences which are more custom in written english, I just get carried away and not always manage to remind myself the proper style of writing...see I'm doing it again :S
              PARAGRAPH BREAK :p

Don't feel sorry for me brokeback, I have experienced plenty of teamwork in the TG servers, that's one of the main reasons I'm sticking to the TG servers despite the high ping and the hours when I need to play in order to find people, I just feel there is always room for improvement and earler today this issue was particularly evident so I wrote to point that out.

While I don't feel I'd behave this way and I disapprove of this because in my (a bit too extreme probably) views it's one of the main pillars of TG, I can understand the reasons behind an IHS teaming up in their own channel to avoid filling the channel with random chat that they want to have amongst them (I can't understnd that probably because I can't/don't want to focus on two different tasks and prefer to be concentrated on the game), but at least answering to people asking why you aren't in the channel could be helpful. There was absolutely dead silence in the channel and to be honest I wouldn't have minded listening to random useless chat mixed with some team communication instead of the echo of my voice, I would have happily coped with it.

Plus the behavior of just caring about squad-play and teamplay is what led others to join and then leave quickly, I still think Tilyx post is the one that sums up my views concerning all this. I haven't probably encountered in these months one single user/member that was unpleasant or not friendly in any way, have been bashed by my own channel once back at the beginning of may because I had two C4 suicides but that was totally deserved and that was the only time I heard something unpleasant happen, clearly caused by an idiot newbie (me) related with some lag issues (not seeing a tank backing up on the second occasion).

Other than that situation I have never felt in a bad environment (apart from the random spam channel invader sponsoring a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube-Man) on the channels so it's still hard for me to understnad the reasoning behind totally ignoring the communication part of the game (by totally I mean even not answering with the in-game chat to questions concerning this, I would have been OK with someone telling me "sorry we are discussing our private party tomorrow so we'd like to discuss that in our own channel by ourselves", won't have loved it too much but that won't have been a big deal at all)

Ugh I did it again with huge sentences and huge sentences inside parenthesis...I'm honestly trying to limit that Brokeback :(

Comment

I just want to quickly point out that BC2 teamspeak comms could use a little work. Most of the time the non-game related banter is cool, particularly when there aren't too many people in channel. But when we're playing at peak hours and there are a good 10+ people in each team channel, we really need to exercise some better etiquette in our Comms. When I'm trying to listen to the guy telling us that the enemy is on the M-COM, the enemy UAV is up, or enemy chopper is inbound, I really don't want to hear you complain about getting shot by a Gustav, or hear you state your case about how you should have killed that guy but the BC2 hitboxes are messed up, or anything else that's simply crowding out the important information in channel. I just hope we can all be a little more mindful of this when Teamspeak Comms fill up and remember that sometimes less is more.
                "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I disagree that it's not big on teamwork. Teamwork shines very well in this game if you let it and want it. True about any game really and I think this one just has the problematic voip buggering it up a bit but I have seen some of the best teamwork at TG on this game. TS will have to suffice till they get voip ironed out.

- -

Comment

Quite a lot of people have been playing in thier own IHS channels on TS instead of the main TS channels because of all the unnecessary chatter. It is like this with PR as well, where many, many people outright refuse to use Mumble, even though it's a decent addon, because of the unneccessary comms chatter from everyone else or at the start/between maps.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

didn't read all of everyones posts, but remember there are whisper list that can be set up as well so you can communicate with your team as well as whisper to you squad, or IHS etc

Comment

It's not the unnecessary chatter for me, it's the irrelevant information. If there's danger in my squad's immediate surroundings, we need to know about it as soon as possible. You can't have 10+ people spurting out calls when they are all around the map. The average lifetime in BC2 is about 1 minute and it takes even less to meet enemies. While sitting in the Team channel is better than not being on TS, it's much more useful to continuously communicate only with your squad. I think quick reporting of immediate threat is the most important part of communication in this game, far more important than listening to the Team channels.

Whisper lists seem to be a solution, but even if you set up one for your squad, the other ten people will still keep reporting in the main Team channel.
                        The way to solve this would be to as soon as more then one squad is in a channel, then setting up whisper lists would become mandatory.
                        Do you plan to enact such rules?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X