TGU Bad Company 2: Basic Medic Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU Bad Company 2: Basic Medic Class

I will be holding a basic medic class on Tuesday 18th August @ 22.00 GMT (17.00 UCT).

This thread is for information and class discussion only.

To book a slot please sign up here.
    We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Re: TGU Bad Company 2: Basic Medic Class

I will probably join but i got no clue what UCT time is. Im dumb when it comes to time zones. I tryed a time zone thingy and still couldnt figure it out
    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

He means UTC he just misspelled it ;) UTC=GMT=London time (utc as an acronym isn't used much in europe, better using GMT it's more common, or even better for european players' reference CET which is GMT+1 because all western european countries share that timezone besides portugal, UK and greece)

Comment

Originally posted by dagdam0r View Post
        He means UTC he just misspelled it ;) UTC=GMT=London time (utc as an acronym isn't used much in europe, better using GMT it's more common, or even better for european players' reference CET which is GMT+1 because all western european countries share that timezone besides portugal, UK and greece)
        Thanks, timezones aren't my strong point either.

This web site works it out for you but sadly doesn't correct spelling mistakes :D
        We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

Hehe no problem, I'm only taking a guess though on the time since you give up two different informations...still I think I figured out what you mean I guess it's 22.00 GMT/UTC (UK time), 23.00 EET (Most of european countries), 17.00 EST (eastern US) & 14.00 PST (Pacific US time) correct? ;)
          Really nice having TGU classes, hoping to attend though I'm not yet sure of being at home the 18th, can I still book a slot and then renounce in case I don't make it? (I'll be sure to tell around a week earlier if that's the case) EDIT read the "you can pull out but you will be at the bottom of the list if you reapply" thing, got my answer there :)

Comment

Originally posted by dagdam0r View Post
            Hehe no problem, I'm only taking a guess though on the time since you give up two different informations...still I think I figured out what you mean I guess it's 22.00 GMT/UTC (UK time), 23.00 EET (Most of european countries), 17.00 EST (eastern US) & 14.00 PST (Pacific US time) correct? ;)
            Really nice having TGU classes, hoping to attend though I'm not yet sure of being at home the 18th, can I still book a slot and then renounce in case I don't make it? (I'll be sure to tell around a week earlier if that's the case) EDIT read the "you can pull out but you will be at the bottom of the list if you reapply" thing, got my answer there :)
            Oh man, my brain hurts :)
            Yeah, that looks ok. I have a cousin in New York and I know they are 5 hours behind the UK. There endeth my knowledge.

I'll post the class list here the day before the course so as long as you let me know by then.

Comment

Ok the time zone is all cleared up. I am 5 hours behind london time :D
              sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)[1] is a time standard based on International Atomic Time (TAI) with leap seconds added at irregular intervals to compensate for the Earth's slowing rotation.[2] Leap seconds are used to allow UTC to closely track UT1, which is mean solar time at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich.

The difference between UTC and UT1 is not allowed to exceed 0.9 seconds so, if high precision is not required, the general term Universal Time (UT) may be used.[3]

In casual use, when fractions of a second are not important, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) can be considered equivalent to UTC or UT1. In fact, saying "GMT" often implies either UTC or UT1. For this reason, saying "GMT" is generally avoided in technical contexts, with an unambiguous terminology of "UTC" or "UT1" preferred instead.[3]

Time zones around the world can be expressed as positive or negative offsets from UTC; UTC replaced GMT as the basis for the main reference time scale or civil time in various regions on 1 January 1972.[4]
                sigpic
                *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

you win :D

Comment

Originally posted by CapucinoBob View Post
                    Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)[1] is a time standard based on International Atomic Time (TAI) with leap seconds added at irregular intervals to compensate for the Earth's slowing rotation.[2] Leap seconds are used to allow UTC to closely track UT1, which is mean solar time at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich.

The difference between UTC and UT1 is not allowed to exceed 0.9 seconds so, if high precision is not required, the general term Universal Time (UT) may be used.[3]

In casual use, when fractions of a second are not important, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) can be considered equivalent to UTC or UT1. In fact, saying "GMT" often implies either UTC or UT1. For this reason, saying "GMT" is generally avoided in technical contexts, with an unambiguous terminology of "UTC" or "UT1" preferred instead.[3]

Time zones around the world can be expressed as positive or negative offsets from UTC; UTC replaced GMT as the basis for the main reference time scale or civil time in various regions on 1 January 1972.[4]
                    Thanks for clearing that up :)

Comment

Due to a huge suspected brainfart I would like to clarify that the course is on the 18th and it is actually a Wednesday.

The loss of cognitive function was likely caused by having propped up a bar for several hours before posting.

There's a lesson to be learned there kids.....
                      Last edited by retrokill; 08-06-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

And the lesson is? Internet has an Edit button but life hasn't?
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                          And the lesson is? Internet has an Edit button but life hasn't?
                          ESPECIALLY when you drink.

Comment

Would love to be there and even give some tips of my own :D Unfortunately I will be on vacation during this time so you all have a great time!

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                            - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Here is a site with detailed stats on BC2 equipment, weapons and vehicles - Link

The class list so far: MacLeod, Pyth, Zippy-2-War, Groshak and maybe dagdam0r if he can make it.

There will be slots available so if you find you are free and wish to join us on the night please drop in on TS.

See you on Wednesday.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X