This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• useless chatter

I am just going to throw this out there.......is it just me or is there alot more "chatter" in TS than there used to be? I don't mind the occasional brief off topic chatter, that's part of having fun. I am talking about the ENDLESS, USELESS, description of every kill and every death? the past week or two it has gotten to the point where I can't even communicate with squad mated without being stepped on by people saying " I shot that guy in the face, why didn't he die" and other stuff along those lines. I will venture to say that even some of the more prominent IHS's have started using there own TS channels because it's very distracting. Look guys, I understand it can get heated during the game but setup TS to use a key for the mic so it's not voice activated. If you already have that than I ask you to think a bit before you push the button to let everyone know that you just made a cool kill or you knifed the guy in the head and he didn't die.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: useless chatter

I totally agree. Recently we have had bunch of people joined that obviously did not took time to read important information on forums about TS3:
    Here it is:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...pr-2010-a.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-reports.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...gamer-way.html
    sigpic

Comment

When you guys get this just politely and very forwardly say to the person that they need to use less chatter. I'll be around in TS or another admin will be around and you can ask them to step in too. Usually if you ask they will stop and you have help around the corner.

- -

Comment

I agree. Some chatter is fine. I like the occasional chatter, especially between rounds. However, it gets a bit out of hand at times.

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
          I totally agree. Recently we have had bunch of people joined that obviously did not took time to read important information on forums about TS3:
          Here it is:
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...pr-2010-a.html
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-reports.html
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...gamer-way.html
          People in glass houses should not throw stones.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I honestly find the best place for random chatter if you need to do it, is text. Want to complain about hit boxes or whatever, do it in chat. Though some people might find that distracting to I guess.

Comment

Ask people to keep it down if they don't, report them to the admins and mute them in TS..
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I do not mind all the chatter, I quite enjoy it, I know people get carried away and I too have been known for it "Get to dee Chopaaaaa" or "Get to dee M-COMMM" and various other out-spurts.

I guess I see it as the nature of the beast, everyone in a single channel and on the same Team with no Voip wanting to not only Communicate but also to Commune with their buddies and others they have never met and have a laugh while also playing as a team, and the only way to do that is through TS, I think it builds Team morale and sharpens our comm skills! But that is just my opinion.

I understand peoples frustrations, but we are thankfully not all the same and our expectations vary vastly due to our 17,000+ members, so I guess what I am trying to say is to just show some patience and try to express your concerns on TS either with an admin in private or in the team channel itself, try to remain calm and take deep breaths, then count to 10 andddd breathhhhh! ;)
                Last edited by MrMojay; 07-29-2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

That time I sniped the pilot out of the enemy chopper was priceless. Well worth making a note of it on TS :-p

Personally I do not see the chat as an epidemic yet. I like to hear the chatter sometimes. What I really wish was the ability to verbally abuse someone on the other team when they get the best of me (a la 2142 days).
                  sigpic

Comment

Naw, I don't--The thompson is actually a pretty good gun!-- huge problem but it--Man, look at his score!-- when it inter--NOOOOOO!--communication. So if you must--Aww, thats the 2nd TK -- to keep it to between rounds, or at least find a -- How did they find me here? -- when not much is happening.

Basically, if you're going to talk and its not 100% game-related, just make sure it doesn't hinder others.

Comment

Mojay, spur and sleepy pretty much already expressed my take on this.

Abels idea is good too, I forgot you could mute individual players. I would tell them I'm muting them, a few people doing this and the offender might get the message.
                      We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by retrokill View Post
                        Mojay, spur and sleepy pretty much already expressed my take on this.

Abels idea is good too, I forgot you could mute individual players. I would tell them I'm muting them, a few people doing this and the offender might get the message.
                        Atleast ask first, otherwise it's just offensive for something innocent and you risk causing unnecessary strife.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                          Atleast ask first, otherwise it's just offensive for something innocent and you risk causing unnecessary strife.
                          Yeah, I should have put that in too. Definitely the first step is to talk with him/her, a friendly fyi sort of thing.
                          We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                            People in glass houses should not throw stones.
                            I am not trying to judge anyone, but for past 5 months i saw you in BC2 channel last night for the first time. I don't think you have any clue what is going on in there. I agree that some useless chatter between rounds and occasional jokes are fine, but when your team is clearly on the loosing side please focus on teamwork related comms.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                              I am not trying to judge anyone, but for past 5 months i saw you in BC2 channel last night for the first time. I don't think you have any clue what is going on in there. I agree that some useless chatter between rounds and occasional jokes are fine, but when your team is clearly on the loosing side please focus on teamwork related comms.
                              Indeed, I was away for a long time. I played when the game was first released for about a month or two, then took a long break from gaming in general. You missed the point though. The point was you're not in any position to tell others what to say or not say when you can't be bothered to even check your 'constructive' forum posts for grammatical accuracy. Go back and read the post I quoted.

You 'obviously did not take the time to learn English'. I can do it too. It's condescending and presumptuous.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X