Free Teamspeak Overlay Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Teamspeak Overlay Plugin

A couple people in game today were inquiring about an overlay for teamspeak, there are a few pay ones, but this is what I am using, it's free, and works great: http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/

You can just move it where you want on screen with the mouse while you are in any of the static menu screens, and I think the latest version you can resize it as well.

Re: Free Teamspeak Overlay Plugin

I use PlayClaw.

Essentially, you can use VoipOverlay, which is free to try and $15 to purchase. It isn't free, but it works really well. PlayClaw is an extended version of this, which is essentially FRAPS + a TS overlay.

Comment

Im using the http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/ overlay as well, playclaw stopped working for me.
      sigpic

Comment

I was pretty excited to see a free TS overlay program posted and quickly downloaded it. Just installed it, following the instructions to the letter. Enabled the plugin in TS and fired up BC2.. and no joy. I pressed my PTT button for TS3 and nothing. I asked someone to speak in TS, they did, and.. nothing. I then went through and set TS3, BC2, and InstallHook.exe to all run as administrator and tried again. Still no joy. Waltzed over to the URL posted and started searching the forums there. Found this post. Listed under Not Working is Bad Company 2.

So, my question is this: Did any of you do anything special to get it to work for you? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

sigpic

Comment

What OS are you using? Im using WinXP, and it works fine. I make sure to start TS before BC2, not sure if that helpful in your case.
          sigpic

Comment

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Thanks for the pointer about starting up TS beforehand, that is usually what I do.

I successfully used the overlay when running CoD4, so I know the software works. I've also looked around a little on their forums, but found nothing helpful. Guess I will do a more thourough search of the website but, since they report it as not working, I am doubtful that I will find anything useful.

***EDIT***

I just remembered that I run BC2 in DX10. Apparently, neither version of the TSO supports DX10 fully yet. So, I will keep an eye on that website and hope that they will get it ironed out soon.
            Last edited by Mindkill; 07-27-2010, 08:54 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I run XP, DX 9, I think there also are two different dll files, one for 32, 64 bit os. also the version of the program that I am using is one of the earlier versions not the 2.0. It looks like they are doing pretty regular updates so hopefully they can get is working well for everyone soon.

Comment

I used Playclaw for the 15 day trial. It worked fairly well, did not show all activity, but better than nothing. Just don't really want to pay $15 to use it.

I am also running windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. DX11

Comment

Originally posted by Willselby3 View Post
                  I used Playclaw for the 15 day trial. It worked fairly well, did not show all activity, but better than nothing. Just don't really want to pay $15 to use it.

I am also running windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. DX11
                  Yeah, it's definitely a minus. Even with the full version, it won't show that I'm transmitting sometimes. Fairly annoying, but it's better than everything I've tried so far.

Comment

Thank you very much!!! It works for me :)

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                      Im using the http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/ overlay as well, playclaw stopped working for me.
                      never got it to work.....pretty lame installer on this program when you have to "manually" move files to folders
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Its not to hard to install (just follow the simple instructions) but it causes massive lag in my opinion.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                          Its not to hard to install (just follow the simple instructions) but it causes massive lag in my opinion.
                          what do you think I did?....install it without following the directions? It just didn't work
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I currently have PlayClaw, but since it doesn't show all transmissions, I'm open to looking for other options.

Project Tint is developing for TS3. People have used it for BC2 with some success. I can't get the plugin to be recognized in TS3, but I just DLed it yesterday, and I don't think Tint's been updated with the new TS3 build. You just have to sign up to be able to DL it, but signing up is absolutely free.

There's also TS Notifier, which I have yet to try. There's an older discussion about it on TG here:
                            TS notifier - TS overlay system for TS3

How do people feel about TS Overlay? I've got a Win 7 x64, so I was wondering if it could run on my machine.

Comment

I am having the same problem, I am running Windows 7 64 bit and DirectX 10, so far the different overlays either does not work with 64 bit or it does not work with DirectX 10.

Anybody have the solution?

If you could see who is talking it would be easier to filter out what is being said and to what squad it is directed.
                              "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X