Tickets / Bleed Factor on Conquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets / Bleed Factor on Conquest

It has been a few weeks now since the latest client patch. At that time Dice upped the default ticket counts for all conquest maps and tweaked the impact of bleed.

How do we like the new default settings. Does bleed feel right now? Could a certain map use more or less tickets?

Server side we have the ability to change these settings on a per map basis so if something doesn't quite feel right lets hear it.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Tickets / Bleed Factor on Conquest

on conquest I think it's about right.....I have been on several teams that had enough time to get there act together and turn things around for a win.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I'm not sure if it's just me, but Arica Harbor conquest "feels" like a noticeably longer round compared to all other maps. By the end of the round, most buildings are destroyed.
      Last edited by Pvt Brokeback; 07-29-2010, 02:27 PM. Reason: Grammar; Said Atacama, meant Arica Harbor

Comment

I'm not sure if it's just me, but Arica Harbor conquest "feels" like a noticeably longer round compared to all other maps. By the end of the round, most buildings are destroyed.

I'm going to agree with this sentiment, I'm not a big fan of the conquest version in general, but the new ticket count certainly makes it feel like an eternity sometimes.
        Last edited by Eclipse; 07-29-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I'd say it's due to it being a slower map in general. There's a lot of travel on that map. People are more spread out, not so much a giant killfest at Point B as other conquest maps seem to be.

Comment

All of the extra tickets and the bleed factor have helped to make BC2 feel more like previous BF titles. While the maps may be smaller, with all of the extra tickets the games last longer. Before the patch, generally the first team to get the "Middle flag" (or equivalent) was the team that one due to the extra boost at the beginning of the round. Now, with extra tickets, we are seeing more back and forth gameplay from other titles where the lead switches multiple times during the round and comebacks are more likely, and as a result rounds are generally closer and we have less of one team beating the crap out of the other for rounds on end. To me, the extra tickets really made the difference in my staying with the BC2 title as a whole and I hope that it can remain this way.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

The faster, usually smaller maps could use more tickets imo. They go by so fast.

- -

Comment

* Crap, I realized I said Atacama when I meant Arica. Editting previous posts. Whoops. *

Yeah, the adjusted ticket bleed gives it more of a BF feel, but just for Arica specifically, it seems longer than the rest of the maps. It could be just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                  * Crap, I realized I said Atacama when I meant Arica. Editting previous posts. Whoops. *

Yeah, the adjusted ticket bleed gives it more of a BF feel, but just for Arica specifically, it seems longer than the rest of the maps. It could be just me.
                  Doh, same mistake here lol

Atacama is fine.

Comment

White Pass has the same ticket count as Arica Harbor but it doesn't seem to drag on. I definitely second a lower ticket count on Arica.

Comment

Arica CQ set to 70% --> 245 tickets
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed