• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Includes BF3 Beta with MOH:LE purchase

Finally! Some BF3 news!

http://kotaku.com/5600834/theres-a-b...imited-edition

... Wait a minute.

No. No no no, that's not possible. I misread. Consoles? No no no. Not a core BF title. No.

Here's a picture of me eagerly awaiting confirmation of PC exclusivity. Note: This can only end badly.

RIP core BF games.

Well, BC2, thanks for giving DICE the idea. :(

EDIT: I redid the post to show how excited I am for a console port.
    Last edited by Skud; 07-30-2010, 04:52 PM.
    Skud

Re: EA Includes BF3 Beta with MOH:LE purchase

Ok, that's just pure crap! I'm sick of these "exclusive pay-for betas." People aren't gonna freaking play test the game, they're just gonna cry about how its not fraggy enough, or that the tank's too strong, the something something is fun... With it coming to consoles, that's just another nail in the coffin for DICE as far as I'm concerned.

Give beta invites to people who've been with the BF franchise and know it and what sort of games they're based off of. From everything I've seen, MOH is so far from the BF franchise its ridiculous. BF3 is basically the only game I'm the least bit excited for;I swear, if BF3 comes out and its anything like BC2, I'm done with PC games.

Comment

I am highly skeptical of BF3 now but I will wait for some concrete information about the game before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcv5e6xX25I

I got my mat out already.
        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
          I am highly skeptical of BF3 now but I will wait for some concrete information about the game before jumping to conclusions.
          Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
          Haha, yeah, basically...

My faith in DICE is pretty damn low lately. But I still have faith in that 2142 patch.

Comment

The things that are wrong with this announcement:

- Console limitations likely affecting another pc game(duh)
            - Medal of Honor players will be beta testing BF3 - they should be different styles of gamers and thus the wrong people to beta test this game. If they had some sense they would have leveraged the BF veteran program they created and let those players beta test the game.
            - This is how you announce such a huge title?
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

They know how big BF3 will be and how many people anticipate it. Why not then make few extra bucks on a crappy game called MOH while they at it. I am pretty sure that beta will be open to a lot more players which will be announced after most of the impatient people buy MOH.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, this is terrible news. I really don't want to play MoH at all.

Comment

I feel sorry for all of you hardcore BF guys because, this is pretty close to what happened to my beloved CoD series and the craptacular release that was MW2. Well, at least it looks like pretty soon, we can all stop spending so much money on our awesome gaming computers and just plop down $400 for a crappy console system. Seeing as most of the game development companies would rather listen to the console-playing-kids that have mommy and daddys credit card in hand. Brand loyalty doesn't seem to mean as much anymore. *grumble*grumble*GETOFFMYLAWN*grumble*grumble*

I'm still hoping that DICE and EA put out a version of BF3 for the konsole kiddies, and then the real version for us PC'ers... Not holding my breath though.

sigpic

Comment

Ok I get the tie in to sell product. However, why are they bundling it with a game few BF3 players would care about it? They should just cut the price by a 3rd and sell the beta invite directly. There are many people that would pay $20-30 for the beta willingly, plus they wouldn't have to bother creating a whole other game to bundle it with! Think of it! They could of saved all that money in creating MoH, sold nearly as many invites directly, and we'd have word that BF3 is really going to happen. Everyone wins!

Comment

Hehe...and you all keep playing BC2. Good by Battlefield, was fun while it lasted If it's any consolation, you can all come back to 2142 :) We're still having a good time.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
                        Hehe...and you all keep playing BC2. Good by Battlefield, was fun while it lasted If it's any consolation, you can all come back to 2142 :) We're still having a good time.
                        Let's hope the patch for 2142 comes out before BF3. :(

I hope there's voip, minimum of 64 players and no spamming the screen with headshot and all the other lines in bf3.
                        Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

MoH for 60 bucks is pure and utter crap.... no thanks.. I played the beta, I hated it.. why buy a game when I won't even play it? Just to get access to another beta game? horrible.

I'm going to wait it out after the release of BF3 and make a decision to buy it or not. I'm not going to get suckered into these dumb deals...

Comment

... this still doesn't convince me to buy the MOH game.

Comment

If BF3 is a crappy console port, I'm going to collapse in sobs in front of the nearest Gamestop, then run to the mall and shop to get my mind off the disappointment.

PC has been waiting for this for years; they better not ruin it.
                              Last edited by DrBeat; 07-31-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X