Server count dropping down to two

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server count dropping down to two

Overnight the Conquest server ( #2 ) was put to rest. At launch it was clear we needed three servers to meet demand but as the title has matured that is no longer the case.

For now we are going to leave server 1 as is and convert the hardcore server into the old server #2 Conquest setup. The conquest server appeared to be gaining a following and we want to see that continue to grow.

Note that this is not a permanent decision. While TG would like to host a hardcore server we have not seen community participation or interest in growing the playerbase there that warrants that server sticking around. Currently that is our view of things but we will take any feedback and in the future Lorax will be making a more permanent decision on server setups.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Server count dropping down to two

I think Hardcore is gone for good unfortunately. After BC2's release we had a great group of around twelve or so TG regulars on the Hardcore server every night. Over time though people stopped playing here or left for various reasons and the server ended up turning into a ghost town apart from the regular pubbies. As much as I prefer Hardcore over Vanilla, Vanilla is where all the players are and will continue to be.

Comment

I think it's ok if TG doesn't play hardcore (sad) and those of us that like it can find pubby servers to rock out on hardcore. It should help get us out and about with other communities and maybe attract some more players.
      Last edited by Vulcan; 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM.

- -

Comment

Personally, I won't miss hardcore. It seems to me that hardcore was always a haven for lone wolves and self-indulgent snipers. Without the spotting feature, it's difficult to work as a team and higher damage encourages players to camp-and-shoot rather than go for objectives.

Comment

While I enjoyed the lack of mini-map and 3D spotting (etc.), the damage on hardcore really overpowered snipers and encourages lonewolfing (in my book). However, I did enjoy the teamwork required to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bratsche View Post
            Personally, I won't miss hardcore. It seems to me that hardcore was always a haven for lone wolves and self-indulgent snipers. Without the spotting feature, it's difficult to work as a team and higher damage encourages players to camp-and-shoot rather than go for objectives.
            I think battlefield games in scope just aren't setup for gameplay without a lot of information. It's a lot of players and a lot of gameplay happening. Now if we could run a 16 player hardcore, that would be better.

- -

Comment

I think it is a good decision.

My recent experience with our hardcore server has been quite negative. Lots of bunnyhoppers, little if any squad cohesion, and rarely any TG on it at all. I have also seen two situations where there was obvious cheating.

Comment

With this last patch and the improved hit detection the super-hero qualities of players in normal mode has drastically decreased. Which was largely my reason for playing HC, at least there people died when I shot them.

With ever decreasing community involvement with the server I'm not surprised or horribly disappointed to see it go.

Comment

Sadface.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X