Can I Make a TS Squad Channel for BC2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Make a TS Squad Channel for BC2

I suspect the answer is yes, but want to be sure.

I like the game (inspite of its many limitations), but the VOIP chat is too confusing for a new player such as I, and I prefer dedicated squad voice channels.

So can I make a "squad x only" TS channel in TG's TS as a subchannel under Team 1 or 2 -- or does this require admin level access?
    sigpic

Re: Can I Make a TS Squad Channel for BC2

or does this require admin level access? YES

Comment

Not only that, it requires access beyond the normal admins. I believe only the officer group can do it. I tried two nights ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jazy2 View Post
        or does this require admin level access? YES
        Thanks. I'll ask an admin in channel to do so, should I need it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oniell121 View Post
          Not only that, it requires access beyond the normal admins. I believe only the officer group can do it. I tried two nights ago.
          You should be able too if you have channel admin for the BC2 TS Tree. For ArmA we set up temporary , and permanent channels alot for events and training.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I agree that squad channels would help (i.e., in-game VoIP), but the problem with TS squad channels is that squads change pretty frequently, causing the channel to be "outdated". You just have to remind people to switch channels if they join your squad (if they're in TS to begin with).

Another problem is that people are just accustomed to team-wide channels. If I just joined your squad, I'm gonna naturally join and stay in the team-wide channel, and just forget about it. After months of TG BC2, it's basically habit. On top of that, your teammates may try and communicate to you, forgetting that you can't hear them.

I'm open to the idea of squad channels, but I'm just saying... a few months of consistent playing creates routines and habits, and habits die hard.

Comment

I think it be nice to give this idea try out period. Between squad communication can be done in game chat, between the round. Alpha going to C Bravo going to A etc.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                I think it be nice to give this idea try out period. Between squad communication can be done in game chat, between the round. Alpha going to C Bravo going to A etc.
                Indeed. Tactics and coordination in-squad cannot be done without clean comm channels isolated from the rest of the team chatter. Too much "enemy over here" nonsense that is of no help as things are.

As to people coming in and out of a squad, I strongly suspect that over time, good SLs will attact good players, and the rest will fall into place naturally.

I myself am not a up-front, lead the charge type of SL. I prefer to stay alive, keep the spawn point, and keep Situation Aware -- I hate spawning in on some dude and not knowing what is going on around me -- I know this is not a prob for more experienced players, but this is about me ...

Five years ago TG established the utility of isolated squad TS channels.

Why can not the more long serving TGers be given TS channel creation authorization for this purpose?

OR:

Why not have built in squad channels under each team in TS?

All I want is clear comms, good teamwork within my squad, and a hot chick by my side...
                sigpic

Comment

I believe its already been tried and people just didn't switch channels and the channels sat there uselessly; others had trouble alt-tabbing in game so they couldn't fix what squad they were in if people dropped.

If I still payed BC2, I'd be all for this.

Comment

FYI folks: according to the TS3 SOPs from BigC, the officers are the ones that can create channels. I would suggest posting in the contact an admin forum or sending a PM directly to mantis about it, because normal channel admins cannot create channels. Unfortunately this is the case and it would be useful if I could, but it is what it is.

Personally, I'm all for squad channels.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post

All I want is clear comms, good teamwork within my squad, and a hot chick by my side...
                      Unfortunately, you seem to be the minority. Many are fine with the "status quo" in BC2 of FUBAR comms.

We could easily have Multiple channels for different squads if TG players took the time to set up and use key binds.

CTRL + B - switch to BC2 channel

You're on Team 1?

CTRL + 1 - switch to team 1

You're in Alpha squad?

CTRL + Shift + 1 - switch to Team 1, Squad 1

We used these kind of binds for TS2 when we used TS for Project Reality. The same can happen for BC2 if the IHS' make it SOP. If the IHS' step up and do this, it will become standard practice on the server, and Comms will become beautiful, coherent, fun, and useful.

If an admin creates 5 squad channels for each team on TS, I will personally write out, post instructions, and post the keybinds file for all of you.
                      Skud

Comment

And the 128th will make it SOP.

Comment

*Pokes GO to read this thread and create the channels*
                          Skud

Comment

is it possible to set it up so you have the team channel with the 4 subfolders for squads, have one push to talk button bound to main team folder that would transmit to all subfolders, and then have a second push to talk button that would be variably bound (follow you around) to "current folder(channel)" this would accomplish team and squad communication without the need for everyone trying to set up whisper lists, and without the need to rebind push to talk buttons in game.

Comment

You could do that with channel commanders, but setting up the whisper lists are extremely easy (drag and drop). When separating the teams into channels, you miss the team-wide conversation. If everyone would use whispers, the channel would only have team pertinent info.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X