Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give us the facts! Report in-game rule violations!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give us the facts! Report in-game rule violations!

So, tell me this: Whatís the first thing that happens in your mind when a bunnyhopper kills you?

Uh huh, thatís what I thought.

Donít get mad; donít even get glad. Report them.

Reporting is the single most helpful thing you can do to help enforce server rules. WHy is it so important? Well, several reasons. First and foremost, it letís any admins that are not in-game know whatís going on. We really want to know whatís happening and we want to help you guys in-game by fixing rule breakers. How can we do this if no one tells us whatís going on? Recently, indeed since the launch of BC2 the amount of in-game reporting has been rather small. This has lead to tempers flaring because appropriate action is not taken in a reasonable amount of time. This has a simple fix: report in-game rule breakers.

The second reason is that it allows us to establish severity of an event. If I see one report for a Jihad ATV, Iíll be very hesitant to kick someone thinking that it might have been a mistake. However, if I get 4 reports from people in different squads then Iíll be able to right away know that this is more than likely something to take seriously.

Third, it allows us to create a track record in chat for violations. If I can look back and see that someone has reported Player-x for bunnyhopping 3 times in the past half hour, Iíll be able to escalate the admin action taken.

So what does all this mean? Please, report violations of game rules in chat. Yes, you might get killed, but it will hale make our servers a better place.

So how do you write a report? First off, be tactful. Use squad chat. The point is NOT to make the person youíre reporting angry; itís to give us info. How should it look? Simply follow this template and youíll be able to give us all the needed info in one fell swoop.

Code:
    !REPORTING <player> FOR <action>
    For instance, if I was reporting Troublesome4u for UCB camping, I would do this:

Code:
    !REPORTING troublesome4u FOR camping the UCB
    If you are not sure that a player did something against the rules, thatís OK. Simply tell us that in your report:

Code:
    !REPORTING troublesome4u FOR POSSIBLY using suicide tactics
    This give the admins the info we need in order to take action and also lets us know when there may be doubt in a situation.

Here are some things you DONíT want to do.

Code:
    !REPORTING oniell121 <-No Info
    Code:
    !ADMIN ONIELL121 IS CAMPING THE ******* UNCAP. <- Unaccaptable language
    Code:
    Oniell STOP camping or youíll be kicked <- Do NOT presume to do our job for us and do NOT threaten players
    Stuff like that does not need to happen. Following the simple format will give us everything we need. If, for some reason, we need more info, weíll either ask you in-game or drag you into the admin TS channel.

Now, one final note. Those of you that hail from the days of 2142 will remember the colored text that public warnings came across as. In BC2 we can use the YELL feature that displays our interesting admin messages in large, obnoxious, flashing text right in the middle of your screen. We can display it for up to 60 seconds and we can also target who sees it. All warnings to a player are done by way of a private yell. If you did report troublesome4you for UCB camping, you would NOT see the yelled warning I gave him. Donít mistake this for nothing being done however. Just because you donít see a public warning go up does not mean we didnít see or disbelieve your report. The only times you will see public warnings will be for team wide events such as UCB camping done by a whole team, or large-scale conflict resolution. If you make a report on a player and he does it again, make another report. It does not mean we didnít see your first one.

I know this is long, but by you guys taking the time to report rule violations you are personally taking the responsibility to make TG a better place.

~OíNiell

Re: Give us the facts! Report in-game rule violations!

Am I correct in assuming we only use the name of the person, and do not need to hash out their "[<#$%%KILLZARS!!!]" clan tags?

Comment

And would it furthermore be correct to assume that it's alright (or even requested) to politely tell people their mistakes prior to reporting?
      Like a warning in the chat to read and obey the rules if someone is hopping around, giving him/her a chance to play the game the TG-way.
      Or should we report on the first occasion?
      (Yep, I've read the primer, the rules and everything but I can't recall to have read anything concerning that question - maybe my mistake)
      sigpic

Comment

Ubernoobie: Yes - the main key is typing 'admin' or 'reporting' which will trigger an audio cue for an admin. Being exact on the name is not important.

Originally posted by Vouk View Post
        And would it furthermore be correct to assume that it's alright (or even requested) to politely tell people their mistakes prior to reporting?
        Like a warning in the chat to read and obey the rules if someone is hopping around, giving him/her a chance to play the game the TG-way.
        Or should we report on the first occasion?
        (Yep, I've read the primer, the rules and everything but I can't recall to have read anything concerning that question - maybe my mistake)
        Informing players of the rules in a friendly manner has always been my preferred method of communication. It is the communities job to spread knowledge of the ruleset and our desired style of play.

"Hey Energizerbunny. Jumping to avoid fire is against the rules of this server"
        "For a full list type @rules in chat"

Typically the admins will see your text and mentally note it as some form of a warning itself. Without the reporting text that triggers our audio alerts however it could be missed. One option I guess could be to politely inform the player of the rule and then privately in squad chat/TS cue a "report".
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

this is very useful, i'll be sure to let other tg members know about this, we just had a incident on one of the servers and there wasn't any admins around to talk to about this. so i'll be sure to tell the other tg members i was playing about reporting people. incident happened between 3am est-5am est.

Comment

When you report do you need to use !REPORTING or !Admin or will you guys get the memo if I only type Reporting or Admin?
            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
              When you report do you need to use !REPORTING or !Admin or will you guys get the memo if I only type Reporting or Admin?
              That should still do it.

Comment

This is helpful. I've never been sure exactly how to do this. Typically I politely request that they stop doing whatever it is they are doing, but I'll now use this approach.

Comment

Can we sticky this?

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
                    This is helpful. I've never been sure exactly how to do this. Typically I politely request that they stop doing whatever it is they are doing, but I'll now use this approach.
                    As mantis said, if you can peacefully resolve a situation with a friendly, respectful reminder, by all means, do so. If not, report it. Chanches are an admin saw it anyway.

Sent from my Archos5 using Tapatalk

Comment

you know it would be good if you add this as a random all chat into the game for people to do on our servers, if any other people other than tg members see it and any other paying subscriber. just put up, type !REPORTING <player> FOR <action> if someone is breaking the rules on the Tactical Gamer Server.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Making this a sticky would definitely help. The other day, we had 2 guys constant UCB camping despite being warned, and I had no idea how to report them correctly.

Comment

This will get stuck eventually. I wanted to give it a little more face time before going up in the oft-missed stickies area.

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks O'Neil.

Before I was trying to use the following....

O'neil killed Voodoo in the cafeteria with a giant cardboard cutout of John Stamos.

Comment

I watch the server quite a bit on our admin program, but understand this: if you do not report the names, we cannot take care of the problem.

Let me repeat this again: if you do not report the names, we cannot take care of the problem.

Don't just say "get out of our ucb." Put a name in there for us.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X