Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video card to run the game on max.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What video card to run the game on max.

    Im gonna build a new computer soon. And i want to get a video card that is gonna play the game maxed out.

    Specs on build

    AMD quad 965 or 970BE
    Biostar mobo with 890fx chipset
    4gb of ddr3
    7200rpm hard drive 32mb cache

    I will be playing the game on [email protected]

    I just want a video card that will play this game on high so what are you guys/girls using?

    Also i will be overclocking the computer CPU/Ram/Gpu

  • #2
    Re: What video card to run the game on max.

    I use a Radeon 5770, and I have everything cranked up to the "Stupid" setting. Plus the price is great too.

    [unit][squadl][command2]

    KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What video card to run the game on max.

      Originally posted by Shadowlid View Post
      Im gonna build a new computer soon. And i want to get a video card that is gonna play the game maxed out.

      Specs on build

      AMD quad 965 or 970BE
      Biostar mobo with 890fx chipset
      4gb of ddr3
      7200rpm hard drive 32mb cache

      I will be playing the game on [email protected]



      I just want a video card that will play this game on high so what are you guys/girls using?

      Also i will be overclocking the computer CPU/Ram/Gpu
      Running PhenomII 945
      4 gb ddr2 pc6400
      ATI 4890

      maxed settings, this game is more CPU intensive than video card
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What video card to run the game on max.

        I max the video settings with the following rig:

        AMD Phenom II 955 3.2Ghz
        6GB DDR2 in Ganged Mode (new(?) name for Dual Channel)
        eVGA GTX 275 FTW Edition (factory overclocked)

        I generally average 60 FPS for the most part, but will dip into the low 30's during a serious firefight.

        When you are ready to purchase your new graphics card, be sure to check out NewEgg's and TigerDirect's video card pages.

        sigpic


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What video card to run the game on max.

          I think everybody has different opinions on what is an acceptable average framerate when running a game. Some people are ok with 30-40 fps whereas personally I prefer it to be around 60 fps on average.

          1920x1080 is a higher resolution and to get this game to run at that resolution at max settings, you would probably need a Radeon HD 5870 or GeForce GTX 470 to get 60ish fps. You could probably get away with a GeForce GTX 460 and still get a framerate in the 40's. Hope this helps.
          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What video card to run the game on max.

            I think you can even get away with less than a 5870... say a 5850 or a 5770. I run a 5870 (with a i5 570) and average 70 FPS at standard gameplay (framerates during explosions is a different story), and I feel I can get a little higher if I tweaked it a little more.


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What video card to run the game on max.

              Just look for the right price... I'm using a 5770 and it's great! If you got more money at your disposal, go for a stronger card or invest it in something else :]
              5770 is either way a good choice.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What video card to run the game on max.

                Using a 4890 1gb @ 1680 x 1050 everything up high, [email protected], [email protected], bloom and HBAO turned off.
                CPU is core i7 920 2.6ghz, ram is 6gb.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What video card to run the game on max.

                  Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                  Using a 4890 1gb @ 1680 x 1050 everything up high, [email protected], [email protected], bloom and HBAO turned off.
                  CPU is core i7 920 2.6ghz, ram is 6gb.
                  Well, I have one reminder for you to keep in mind and it concerns Dx 11 and any future game using Dx 11. Consider a card that runs Dx 11, since games like BF3 will use it.



                  Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

                  "Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What video card to run the game on max.

                    My Sapphire 5870 plus 17 930 core on a rampage 3 board with 6 gig of decent ram plays well at very high settings (have not tried the highest just yet...) -- although I do see a few strange square pixels occuring, which I need to look into.

                    System is here:
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What video card to run the game on max.

                      Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                      Well, I have one reminder for you to keep in mind and it concerns Dx 11 and any future game using Dx 11. Consider a card that runs Dx 11, since games like BF3 will use it.
                      Well usually DX games will be playable on the current version and the version previous to that.

                      Originally posted by E-Male View Post

                      System is here:
                      Luck!

                      That looks like a sweet rig E-male, not that I am jealous.;)
                      Hope it serves you well.

                      Comment

                      Connect

                      Collapse

                      TeamSpeak 3 Server

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Twitter Feed

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X