Respawn timer increased to 20 seconds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respawn timer increased to 20 seconds

Effective immediately the respawn timer on both servers has been increased to 20 seconds.(from 15) Not a huge change but it will help a bit at slowing the game down some and making players value their lives more. The admin team will look forward to AARs on what impact this has on overall gameplay and how you approach the game.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Respawn timer increased to 20 seconds

why no input from the community before hand?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

For what it is worth, yuck :)
      sigpic

Comment

... meh this may be good, it may be bad, but It will be interesting going back and forth between this and TWL rules.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Why the push to slow down a fast paced game all of a sudden? If players are looking for a slower paced game, there are some great ones out there. Such as the PR mod for BF2, ARMA II and others found in the Simulation section of the forums.

Also, I have to echo Ven's sentiment, as I have not seen many posts here in the forums or heard many conversations on TS concerning the speed of the game being a problem. Remember TG'ers.. Fast paced game play does not mean there are no tactics, just as slow paced game play does does not necessarily equal tactical play.

Please understand that I am not attempting to question the BF GO or Admins motives, nor am I attempting to tell them how to do their jobs. I just get frustrated with the TG'ers that seem to think a fast paced game is not TG and that we must bend and mold it, almost to the breaking point, to make it "TG". As an example, the CoD series went through something similar when it was the game of choice. Rules were made and boundaries were set. In the end, it ran off most of the players. I would hate to see something like that happen again with another really cool game.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
            Why the push to slow down a fast paced game all of a sudden? If players are looking for a slower paced game, there are some great ones out there. Such as the PR mod for BF2, ARMA II and others found in the Simulation section of the forums.

Also, I have to echo Ven's sentiment, as I have not seen many posts here in the forums or heard many conversations on TS concerning the speed of the game being a problem. Remember TG'ers.. Fast paced game play does not mean there are no tactics, just as slow paced game play does does not necessarily equal tactical play.

Please understand that I am not attempting to question the BF GO or Admins motives, nor am I attempting to tell them how to do their jobs. I just get frustrated with the TG'ers that seem to think a fast paced game is not TG and that we must bend and mold it, almost to the breaking point, to make it "TG". As an example, the CoD series went through something similar when it was the game of choice. Rules were made and boundaries were set. In the end, it ran off most of the players. I would hate to see something like that happen again with another really cool game.
            This

Me and Mind were both big into MW and seen it's demise....it just seems that when you are making such a large change to the game "slowing the game down" (your words) that you would consult the community that plays it. I have seen not 1 single post saying the game is fast....so why take the approach of" it's not broke so lets fix it" :(

fast games are tactical...they just require a faster thinking
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
              it just seems that when you are making such a large change to the game "slowing the game down" that you would consult the community that plays it.
              No, they shouldn't. The community has no say in what TG is and isn't. The people who lead this place, and the Primer, decide what changes are made to TG-supported games in order to create a TG environment.

This is a very important distinction. The administrator of TacticalGamer is not here to please you or me. They are here to create this. Nothing else. If your way of having fun is not compatible with that, then start walking. If the change proposed is against the Primer, then say that.
              But it's not the job of the administration to "consult" you when they are creating a server that reflects what this place stands for.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                No, they shouldn't. The community has no say in what TG is and isn't. The people who lead this place, and the Primer, decide what changes are made to TG-supported games in order to create a TG environment.

This is a very important distinction. The administrator of TacticalGamer is not here to please you or me. They are here to create this. Nothing else. If your way of having fun is not compatible with that, then start walking. If the change proposed is against the Primer, then say that.
                But it's not the job of the administration to "consult" you when they are creating a server that reflects what this place stands for.

Wow...get down of your horse

The games are designed certain ways, if they don't fit the :"TG way" then lets not support them at all....I would rather have that then trying to bend/mold them to what we think they should be and end up snuffing them out.

now back to the timer issue....the only thing me and several other people are seeing as we talk about it on TS right now is it doesn't slow the game down, on rush it gives the attackers a huge advantage....more C4 planting time :( and it truly does give them an advantage. alot of us on TS are not liking it but I am sure we will see there posts as well.

Comment

i agree with zhohar but i have played with the new round timer most of the day and i have to say it kinda made it worse. it is fine on conquest but not on rush. I know we have all been on the losing team on rush when the attacking team just rolls right over us, and the added 5 seconds of spawn time has made those matches worse. I don't remember the map name but I think it was White Pass. The defending team that i was on got defeated in about 7 min, which is a record as far as i can tell. with the 5 second delay the losing team loses the advantage of a quick re-spawn, and allows the attacking team to over run them even faster. Don't get me wrong i under stand the tactics of slow play from playing on TG CSS for a very long time, but on a re-spawn game you have to find the middle ground on re-spawn time. If the time is to short then it will be chaos and mayhem, and if it is to long one decisive strike will create a gap in the defense that cant be fixed.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                    now back to the timer issue....the only thing me and several other people are seeing as we talk about it on TS right now is it doesn't slow the game down, on rush it gives the attackers a huge advantage....more C4 planting time :( and it truly does give them an advantage. alot of us on TS are not liking it but I am sure we will see there posts as well.
                    Hey Ven, I eventually switched over to your team tonight and when I was there, people were also blaming the lengthier spawn timer for the fact that we couldn't successfully overcome the first stage of Laguna Presa rush as Attackers. I think because the team grew frustrated over losing so many rounds in a row that they were grasping for explanations for why they weren't winning. Personally, I like the idea of placing more value on not dying, but maybe we'll find out in the future that the longer timer disrupts the balance of the game. I just think we need to playtest this for longer than just one night to gauge the merits of the longer spawn timer.
                    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

It does allow people with slow machines or connections (like me) to be ready to play (kits set up, team objectives and planning, squad objectives, etc...).

Two thumbs up! ++

Comment

Originally posted by Jakaleel View Post
                        It does allow people with slow machines or connections (like me) to be ready to play (kits set up, team objectives and planning, squad objectives, etc...).

Two thumbs up! ++
                        i think you are confusing the round start timer with the spawn timer, what they are talking about is that they increased the time to spawn after every death.

Comment

After playing for awhile tonight it hasn't seemed to slow the game down so far. If anything it tends to reinforce the need for a higher percentage of medics.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

I assure you the intention is not to turn BC2 into something its not meant to be. This is an arcade Battlefield game - nothing will change in that regard.

A 20 second respawn timer has been quite common within the battlefield titles hosted by TG. Our unranked Vanilla BF2 server was set at 20 seconds and our poe2 server continued it for another three years. We would do it on our 2142 server as well if we were allowed to tweak those settings. (boo ranked)

With BC2 we only gained access to tweak this setting over the summer. For a bit it got lost in the shuffle on the todo list but now the change was made. The addition of 5 seconds will not be any type of game changer but it will amplify the impact of your decisions on the battlefield.
                            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I only played for a couple of hours yesterday but I really like it.

I don't feel like it slows down the game much, but it do makes smart decision and revives way more important.

More C4 planting time? Care to explain? It takes less then 1 second to plant one pack of C4, If I kill you on the mcom plant my C4 and move away you wouldn't be able to kill me before I blow the C4 even if the spawn timer is 10 seconds?

But if you feel like the extra 5 seconds will give the other team and unfair advantage when attacking (or defending since it apparently was the spawn timers fault both times) pick up the medic kit and start reviving people..
                              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X