Squad hopping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad hopping

Just wanted to bring that up again since some folks here at TG apparently thinks it's ok to do..

Originally posted by whiskey
    Got a PM about this asking for clarification - So, to be clear, squad-hopping has NEVER been permissible in ANY of TG's Battlefield servers going back to BF2
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Re: Squad hopping

Just to make sure, if I am in a squad with a buncha folks not using voip, or sitting on a hill sniping rather than arming the mcom, and move to one with folks using voip or playing tactically, that is bad?
    sigpic

Comment

Why would that be bad?

It would be cool if you tried to encourage those players to get on teamspeak and attempt to help their team with the objective before bailing on them, but it isn't required.

The concern over squad hopping, is the ability to get one player behind enemy lines and have the entire rest of the team spawn out of him.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
        Just to make sure, if I am in a squad with a buncha folks not using voip, or sitting on a hill sniping rather than arming the mcom, and move to one with folks using voip or playing tactically, that is bad?
        I'd do it and I really don't think anyone would fault you for doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
          That's not squad hopping. Squad hopping is when you notice a person jump in every single squad on a team to try and see where he can get the best spawn and doing this every time they die throughout the round.
          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Understood, thank you for the clarification :)
            sigpic

Comment

To explain it further..

We had a TG-taged guy switching from say Charlie to Bravo squad to get a spawn closer to the MCOM (I.E the lighthouse on the map I never remember the name of) and then switched back to Charlie so they could spawn in on him instead of spawning in the main base.

When asked he just mumbled something about not being told it was against the rules..

So now it's explained for everyone so we won't have any more "confusions" about the rules regarding squad hopping.
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

to bad this is a solid tactic for high level playing and could possibly lead to more intense playing, but rules are rules

Comment

Originally posted by LordMeatwad View Post
                  to bad this is a solid tactic for high level playing and could possibly lead to more intense playing, but rules are rules
                  Yep :(, its unrealistic but quite interesting and it brings a whole new tactical level of play to the game. It is amazing what you can do with spawn off of anyone.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

i've never had to do this lol, only to get into a squad with voip and common objective play

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                      Yep :(, its unrealistic but quite interesting and it brings a whole new tactical level of play to the game. It is amazing what you can do with spawn off of anyone.
                      It'd be quite interesting to see how fast this tactic would be overly abused if allowed at TG.
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                        It'd be quite interesting to see how fast this tactic would be overly abused if allowed at TG.
                        I did not mean having everyone spawn off one person in the back, that's just cruddy gameplay, I meant Having multiple people push out in different directions and surprising them by overloading one side or another as you try to break through choke points. Obviously this could be taken advantage of but it could also be used in other ways, and of course this doesn't matter to start with because it is unrealistic so it's against the primer.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...