E-Male's BCBF2 Videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Male's BCBF2 Videos

I do not want to clutter the BFBC2 forum with video reports, so I'll post all my BCBF2 videos in this thread. Let me know if I should do otherwise.

Here is a continous 4 minute sequence from 3/09/2010.

It was an excellent firefight that saw highly coordinated action around a flag. The video does not quite capture the moment, but is remarkable (to me) for the length of time I managed to stay alive in the middle of a very heated battle. Still working on my system settings, so my voice is not captured.

Best viewed in HD
    sigpic

Re: E-Male's BCBF2 Videos

Helicopter Incoming
    08/09/2010 -- Approx. 11:30 EST

This is a nice sequence of me assisting in the 'downing' of some helicopters, via a highly effective AA gun. Love those big guns!

I like the way the sound track captures the situational awareness of the team.

Best viewed in HD.
    Last edited by E-Male; 09-08-2010, 09:09 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Nice video. I absolutely love the AAA in this game.

Comment

Some extended commentary on the first video.

For one, I notice that out of the 5 or 6 kills that you initiated most of them were due to the 40mm grenade. You spent very little time actually shooting at enemy soldiers, and when you did, your aim was very sloppy and you ended up having to withdraw and let someone else kill them instead. Late in the video you did demonstrate some disciplined burst fire but for the most part you were still spraying.

Second, you made very little use of available cover. You were either inside the garage or out in the open. I credit your ability to stay alive during that time to the enemy's inattentiveness rather than good use of cover or movement. At the beginning there, 3-4 enemy soldiers were moving across the road while you ran out in the open towards them. How neither of you saw each other is nothing short of amazing. Later on, you see a teammate get mowed down in the open from the construction yard and then pop your head out to await the same fate and only escape by the skin of your teeth.

Lastly, judging from your movements and general directions of focus that you don't spend a lot of time consulting your mini-map. On normal (non-hardcore) the minimap is your greatest asset, as are the spotted triangles. Try to stay aware of where the enemy is at all times, and respond faster.

That is my critique. Take it as you will, but I intend it so that you read it and know what aspects of gameplay you can improve upon. Look forward to see more videos.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

What software are you using for recording E-Male?
          sigpic

Comment

Fraps -- paid version.

Reocrding at average of 55 fps, with all settings on high and 4x.

Videos rendered by Corel Video Studio 10 (easy to use but highly flawed).
            sigpic

Comment

New Video: Fragging Da Boyz

Featuring TG's Xiel and Pure_Ox in Bad Company 2
              The following video by Dr. Strangelove explores online gaming video as an art form. The use of a laugh track, and close-up slow-motion replay of the extreme violence depicted the video game, along with the repetition of the in-game sound track ("F***K them up") repositions the game as social commentary and art.

Blah blah blah.

Compare the degree of realism to an earlier sample (2007) of Battlefield 2 video game violence:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                New Video: Fragging Da Boyz

Featuring TG's Xiel and Pure_Ox in Bad Company 2
                The following video by Dr. Strangelove explores online gaming video as an art form. The use of a laugh track, and close-up slow-motion replay of the extreme violence depicted the video game, along with the repetition of the in-game sound track ("F***K them up") repositions the game as social commentary and art.

Blah blah blah.

Ox was generous and wanted to share the KD ratio around a bit :)

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Very dramatic.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

A new video featuring some nice close-ups and slow motion bits. Oh, and I frag PL_Olstry.

(Select 720p for better viewing)
                    sigpic

Comment

Saving [TG] Xeil's Privates

I spent time last night following Xeil and reviving him. This video captures a few of the instances.

sigpic

Comment

Re: Saving [TG] Xeil's Privates

Oh, so that's what my voice sounds like.

Comment

Night of 28/10/2010 VIDEO

Did not play particularly well last night, but saw some great action.

I have also just tripled the disk space available for fraps recording from 100Gb to 350Gb, so I can pretty well just leave Fraps on record all evening. Otherwise, I keep missing the best moments...

Play it in 1080p HD for that pure BC2 feeling!
                          sigpic

Comment

And this one:

sigpic

Comment

Re: Night of 28/10/2010 VIDEO

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                              Did not play particularly well last night, but saw some great action.

I have also just tripled the disk space available for fraps recording from 100Gb to 350Gb, so I can pretty well just leave Fraps on record all evening. Otherwise, I keep missing the best moments...

Play it in 1080p HD for that pure BC2 feeling!
                              @ 8 Secs, no knife?
                              Last edited by MacLeod; 10-28-2010, 04:23 PM.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...