A More Tactical BC2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A More Tactical BC2

Within BC2 the easy location of enemy and the modest consequences for getting wounded reduce the need for comms and cooperation and degrade the possibilty for advanced tactical engagement.

By removing the mini-map, the red-triangle over spotted enemy heads, and making each non-lethal hit reduce a player's visability (red screening) -- all features I believe are embedded in the hardcore mode -- we would see a greater necessity for inter-squad comms (the vast majority of regular TGers are already on TS), and more careful, tactical advances.

This would hardly turn BC2 in PR (and that is not the objective of this proposal).

These changes in and of themselves would not automatically improve the game (as is clear by the already existing hardcore servers).

Yet what these changes might do is degrade the operational capability of a team that does not work closely together and communicate.

Has TG tried these changes on its main BC2 server?

Is there any compelling reason why this changes should not be made on the primary (most populated) BC2 server for trial period of two weeks?
    sigpic

Re: A More Tactical BC2

Here! Here!

This is what |TG| servers should be like. As opposed to the current "Spawn, run, shoot, die, respawn, run, shoot, die ....rinse and repeat.
    sigpic

Comment

didnt we have a hardcore server a while back?

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Havent own the game for long but I have really missed the tactical side on the game. Its sometimes fun to just run and shoot and die and run and sh...You know what I mean but I miss planning and doing tactical things. So I would like to see some changes on TG server if its possible. Most of TG players are on TS so the abcense of Voip shouldnt stop us playing the game TG style.
        sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
        "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

At one time there were three servers, Conquest, Rush and Hardcore. The third server and Hardcore was dropped. While sometimes during the early days of BC2 the hardcore server was full, during peak TG play (nights) it was not.

Comment

The problem with hardcore is that it attracts cheaters and masses of snipers, leading to massive insta-gib standoffs with no attempt to capture a flag by either team.

While I greatly enjoy the recon class, the amount of snipers in a given hardcore match is stupid, and turns most regular TGers off to the idea of playing there. While I do believe that the sniper rifles /should/ be as powerful as they are in HC, nonetheless it is not particularly fun to die instantly from a person across the map. So unless you could somehow enforce a reduced amount of snipers on each team, HC will stay dead.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
              didnt we have a hardcore server a while back?
              we sure did.....and it was a sniper fest due to the automatic 1 shot kill for any sniper rifle
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

We had that, it's called Hard-core and it wasn't all that popular within TG.

For the Run and gun complaints.. The game is what you make it do be...
                Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Referring to TS, yes during primetime the channels are full of people but many a time, that does not actually help the team as everyone just blabs about whatever the hell they want to. If we could discipline ourselves more to keep the chatter about gameplay, with an occasional laugh here or there then the tactics would improve.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Make both servers have all maps/modes in rotation, keep one how it is now, and implement all the tactical changes on the second one (basically hardcore mode), Macleod you can seed the second one, and see if anyone shows up.

Comment

Bad Company is what it is: It’s a console port to PC. It’s a run and gun similar to 2142 but with changes: No prone, No commanders, No squad leaders, Small squads (fire team size), No communication (VOIP is broken and even if it wasn’t there is no inter-squad communication for coordination), No mod tools (for PR, POE, First Strike,etc…), a silly dart tracer to replace the missing MAW systems (medium anti-tank weapons: FGM-148 Javelin, FGM-172 SRAW, MILAN, 9K115-2 Metis-M,etc…) and missing MANPADS (Man-portable air-defense systems: Starstreak, 9K38 Igla, FIM-92 Stinger, etc…).

As games go, BC2 will have a limited life span. Some players who started playing from the Beta have stopped playing period. A DLC (pay $$) – “Vietnam” is expected out on or later this year and may revive/fix the game. BF 1943 is also expected in late 2010 or early 2011 as well as BF3 someday. When the next tactical game comes out, BC2 will be discarded at the wayside.

How about a scrim with the various features set up to play test before being fielded to the general population?

Comment

Thank you for all the informative replies.

I rather thought that this issue must have been previously explored and am glad to see that TGers already tried to optimize the team and tactics possibilities.

As a run and gun playground, BC2 certainly is fun and visually spectacular. I lookforward to hearing the game through a new sound card soon.

And I'll keep trying to capture some of the more zanny explosions and incidents with FRAPs for the forums here.

Looking forward to seeing what TG does with the next great FPS game from EA (or wherever...).
                        sigpic

Comment

I miss the Hardcore server here at TG. I've found a few HC BC2 servers around that from time to time offer some really good gameplay. Actually having to operate from cover, really slowed down from the manic pace of the typical game. Snipers can be a problem, but depending on the server no more son than the wall-to-wall shotgun use we experience.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Originally posted by thedogwarrior View Post
                            I miss the Hardcore server here at TG. I've found a few HC BC2 servers around that from time to time offer some really good gameplay. Actually having to operate from cover, really slowed down from the manic pace of the typical game. Snipers can be a problem, but depending on the server no more son than the wall-to-wall shotgun use we experience.
                            And your comment makes me think that there is more to be done with BC2.

We should simply revert the main server to hardcore for a week a give it a go.

Perhaps too many are fearful of giving up all the easy tickets...
                            sigpic

Comment

Thats not a bad Idea, let's try it for a week and see what people think :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X