Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A More Tactical BC2

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
    I think your whole statement is a load of BU&%$#@ :-)

Many a time on TG servers the "pubbies" as you call us are just as tactical as TG tagged players. This is the kind of attitude that makes people think you have an elitist attitude. I have been on TS and heard TG players in my squad lamenting on how the friggin Pubby won't move up , how he is hanging back sniping. Well the pubby was me and I was the only sniper in our squad. Isn't that what snipers do? Hang back spot enemies? This kind of attitude does TG no good and if you think you are better than the "Pubbies" that join you had better reread the |TG| primer!

Sorry for the rant Todd
    ++rep

Comment

Originally posted by Dismay View Post
      Because rarely will a pubby, even a really good player, join TS. To me teamwork and overall enjoyment seems directly proportional to the number of players on TS.
      The truth is we are all pubbies here since we play on public server.I think what you trying to say is that gamers in general rarely take effort to join TS.
      sigpic

Comment

Text is such a horrible medium for conveying feelings. I read Dismay's post to mean its sometimes hard to get tactics going if half or more of your team isn't on TS, not to mean TGers are better than "pubbies" or anything like that. If so, I can easily point to last night, where our plan was 'hit B and C' on a Conquest map with A, B, and C objectives, the 'people not on TS' all went for A, the 'people on TS' split up for B and C, and we ended up getting worked all round, as we were spread too thin.

If that isn't what you meant, than you are on your own ; )

With only 16 slots per team, TS can make or break it, if half or more of your team is doing its own thing. I'm thinking we need a different level of situational awareness when that happens - the 'people on TS' need to be aware of where the 'people not on TS' are focusing on, and fill any gaps in overall strategy. Unless of course they are all hiding in the trees or on cliffs or having a picnic in the UCB.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
          I read Dismay's post to mean its sometimes hard to get tactics going if half or more of your team isn't on TS, not to mean TGers are better than "pubbies" or anything like that
          Well if this is the case I will apologize for my rant... just had a bad taste in my mouth after the other day on TS. The player complaining about the "pubby" didn't even ask or know I was already on TS, and after his comments I didn't feel like enlightening him. Anyone that knows me will know I always play as a team player |TG|tags or not!!

Anyway sorry for my rant it came off a little bit bitchier than I thought!
          sigpic

Comment

All good. We have to call these things out, you shouldn't have to deal with that. That's what makes us a community.

Comment

There has been a lot of good stuff in this thread.

However, let me remind folks that we, TG members, have a higher standard. Please remember to be respectful in here. Just say, "I don't agree with this." There's no need to post that other peoples posts are #$%*&. Please keep it in mind.

This is great discussion guys. Be assured that the admins are listening.

Sent from my Archos5 using Tapatalk

Comment

With only 16 slots per team, TS can make or break it, if half or more of your team is doing its own thing. I'm thinking we need a different level of situational awareness when that happens - the 'people on TS' need to be aware of where the 'people not on TS' are focusing on, and fill any gaps in overall strategy. Unless of course they are all hiding in the trees or on cliffs or having a picnic in the UCB.
                It can make or break a round depending on whose in TS and whose in what squads. If each team has 8 people on TS, and one team has all 8 in two coordinated squads then they can easily roll the other team if they have 4 squads of 2 TS and 2 pubbies.

On a completely random note it would be interesting to take my tags off for a while, make a new character, and see what people say about me in TS.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                  On a completely random note it would be interesting to take my tags off for a while, make a new character, and see what people say about me in TS.
                  Shouldn't make a difference -- after all, we already cuss you out when you're there, tags and all :)

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                  --BlackMirror
                  <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                  Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                  --Blackraven93

Comment

I wondered what happened to the TG Hardcore server! Based on my experience with BC2, the reasons for disbanding the HC server were valid. In a 32 member HC match, there could be half of each team, (or more), playing as snipers. It truly makes each mission like a Normandy beach invasion. I am hoping that DICE got their act together when they made MOH and that it will be much more tactical than BC2. I am really ready for MOH... I think.

kgwolf

Comment

• Re: A More Tactical BC2

I would just say that if you think BC2 is a fast-paced, run and gun game in ANY gameplay mode (conquest, rush, hardcore), then you're doing it wrong :)
                      TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Crux View Post
                        I would just say that if you think BC2 is a fast-paced, run and gun game in ANY gameplay mode (conquest, rush, hardcore), then you're doing it wrong :)
                        While there is not only one way to master a game like BC2, I tend to agree with you.

We are seeing ever more examples of two or three TG squads in isolated TeamSpeak channels executing a steady, methodical advance across a map and dominating the enemy.

Now that cover in BC2 is meaningful (purposeful), and TS comms are more efficient, BC2 at TG is definitely evolving as a tactical and team-based environment.
                        sigpic

Comment

I almost shed a tear.
                          Skud
                          Skud Rages at changes to Project Reality

Comment

I don't argue the points, but I do disagree.

TG is about team work, in or out of a squad, with or without other TG players. Given that, I personally can't -stand- how the TG servers, hardcore and not, have disabled q-spot markers beyond the map itself. I could see it were this some sort of squad-only ability, but the fact is any spotted contact shows up for the WHOLE TEAM. Flipping these off inherently stifles a huge portion of true team play, that being cross-squad cooperation and support.

The arguments against it are well thought, but -

1) It's spamable
                            Yes it is. It's intel. Intel can be defined as relative, pertinent communication. Communication = TG.

2) It's cheap
                            a) There's no balance
                            A hard limit of 75 meters unscoped is as balanced as I can see it short of honestly nerfing it, and defeating the entire purpose of calling the guy with the high-tech scope "Recon" instead of "death from afar."

b) You don't have to find them to spot them
                            This is simply not true. Someone can't be spotted without being visibly dead-damn-center in a crosshair. Even if....IF....the -player- dosen't make them out, they (the spotted contact) were OUT in the open ALREADY. This is hardly the wall hack it's made out to be.

Dotting helps the player, yes, but it also helps the squad -and- the team. Taking it off for being "too easy" or "unrealistic" is akin to taking GUNS out because then knife kills are "too hard". I vote pro-marker, and I do so -for- their associated teamwork-facilitating qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by Lohne View Post
                              I don't argue the points, but I do disagree.

TG is about team work, in or out of a squad, with or without other TG players. Given that, I personally can't -stand- how the TG servers, hardcore and not, have disabled q-spot markers beyond the map itself. I could see it were this some sort of squad-only ability, but the fact is any spotted contact shows up for the WHOLE TEAM. Flipping these off inherently stifles a huge portion of true team play, that being cross-squad cooperation and support.

The arguments against it are well thought, but -

1) It's spamable
                              Yes it is. It's intel. Intel can be defined as relative, pertinent communication. Communication = TG.

2) It's cheap
                              a) There's no balance
                              A hard limit of 75 meters unscoped is as balanced as I can see it short of honestly nerfing it, and defeating the entire purpose of calling the guy with the high-tech scope "Recon" instead of "death from afar."

b) You don't have to find them to spot them
                              This is simply not true. Someone can't be spotted without being visibly dead-damn-center in a crosshair. Even if....IF....the -player- dosen't make them out, they (the spotted contact) were OUT in the open ALREADY. This is hardly the wall hack it's made out to be.

Dotting helps the player, yes, but it also helps the squad -and- the team. Taking it off for being "too easy" or "unrealistic" is akin to taking GUNS out because then knife kills are "too hard". I vote pro-marker, and I do so -for- their associated teamwork-facilitating qualities.
                              Wrong thread?
                              TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Completly wrong thread, yes. Anyone with the ability can feel free to delete this response and that post, respectively.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X