Proper comm channel use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper comm channel use

Please post your best practices on how to maximize the efficiency of comms use and minimize noise in the channels.

To start, here is a writeup by WhiskeySix on how to make a proper enemy contact report.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
    --BlackMirror
    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
    --Blackraven93

Re: Proper comm channel use

Think before you talk.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I think one important key is to give as much information in as concise a format as possible.

If I'm guarding B flag and I get taken out by a squad coming from A, instead of saying "I got shot at B" or something like that, I say "full squad moving from A to B at 3:00" - the fact that I was killed is irrelavent to the situation.

Comment

Don't make a noise every time you die.

I do this. Maybe calling myself out will help fix it.

Comment

For those of us who happen to 'comment' a lot on TS; try rebinding your PPT key ever few weeks. It forces you to think before you speak, and it can help cut down on the chatter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubernoobie View Post
            For those of us who happen to 'comment' a lot on TS; try rebinding your PPT key ever few weeks. It forces you to think before you speak, and it can help cut down on the chatter.
            I have noticed that many of the people that flood comms with useless chatter happen to use voice activated voip rather than a push-to-talk key. Yes, I understand it is easier to communicate for YOU because you can speak freely without stopping to push a key, but you develop bad habits when there is nothing to make you pause and think about what you're saying. I don't mean to make a blanket statement that all voice-activated comms users are offenders because I'm sure there are guys who use it properly, but I have definitely seen a pattern. If you are reading this and you use voice-activated comms and you think I may be referring to you, then I probably am. Please switch to push-to-talk.
            "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

There are certainly those that tend to say just about everything that comes to mind.

One thing to look for is "relative contribution" -- how often are you speaking relative to others? If your voice is an almost constant feature in the channel, it quickly becomes tiresome to others.

No one should start "naming names" here, and most of us are guilty of comm misuse at one time or another, but some of us just cannot stop talking. It degrades the enjoyment of the game among your team mates.

Sometimes silence is golden.
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...