Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Who Are Listened to are Those Who Will Speak Up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Who Are Listened to are Those Who Will Speak Up.

There's an EA Bf3 forum, with EA staff members posting, listening to the community's suggestions for BF3. If you want the next BF game to be more BF and less COD, if you want the return of big maps, VOIP, and the rest of it. If you want BF3 to be more POE2 then BC2, then you should be posting. Because right now it's full of L337 guys posting lists of guns they know from the Internet that they really really want to be in the game (Because HK is great. Even though they've never fired one).

So yeah, I figure if 20 TG guys dominate the conversation, we get a game that's more TG out of the box.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/3923.page

Re: Those Who Are Listened to are Those Who Will Speak Up.

At this point in the dev cycle I would assume all the major design decisions should have been made by now. Are there specifics posts that give you the impression they are listening to suggestions there? Dice have typically neglected the US forum in favor of the UK forum...
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

There's an EA guy soliciting suggestions....maybe it's all a facade to make us think they're listening to us.

Comment

I agree with Mantis.. Ever since BC2, the devs have always posted news and addressed certain questions and topics on the UK forums. In fact, Voodoo and I were pubraiding and ran into Zh1nt0, and he mentioned in the chat to go to the EA UK forums.

Comment

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

They want suggestions to see how they match up to what they have already done and have planned. If your suggestion matches something, then they can say that feature was fan suggested.

I am sure they would use an idea but only if it fits their existing ideas, design, and target demographic.
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I can say for certain, that they are listening. I'm sure that if you keep up posts filled with good suggestions, they will read them and consider them. Look at MoH, they even went so far as to change the NAME of a certain type of ammo as well as the magazines, all based on fan/beta tester feedback.

Help them make a game you want to play.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Your examples aren't the sort of "good" suggestions I would give. I'm thinking more of gameplay suggestions rather than description text and object models. I'm skeptical of their willingness and ability to change gameplay.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

It was just that Namebot, an example. With all the comments an gameplay suggestions for MoH, the Devs got so involved with the community they even changed the smallest of details to give us the game we wanted. If they did that for us this close to release, imagine what they will do for BF3 now!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

DO you know of any examples of gameplay changes they made?
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I do.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/medal-h...changelog.html

The big ones are the required points for support actions down at the bottom. That was one of the ones that everyone harped on most frequently.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

What I posted: Also the more of us in there the more they will listen

1. Communication fix with old BF command structure (commander talk to Squad leaders, Squad leader to Squad member

2. Please bring back Squad Leaders as spawn point only, Please bring back Commanders

3. Closer to Bf2 and BF2142 then any other game. meaning you have been headed in the wrong direction since

4. 6 player squads again please

5. For the love of god Jets. Which also means Large boards.

6. Classic Conquest only with 5+ flags. none of this three flag wack a mole stuff

7. Destructable environments

Summary: Please focus on command structure and classic Squad leaders system. As a member of Tacticalgamer.com I enjoy the structure and overall sense of needing more then one squad to take a flag. Please REMEMBER what made BF2 and BF2142 so great! What made Battlefield a one time great game. It seems lost. - No voip in BC2, no command structure, small maps, flags cappable by one person, no strategy needed, BC2 is not BF

09/23/2010 02:17:15 Subject: Re:Official BATTLEFIELD 3 suggestion thread Alert
                        LordMeatwad

More ambicious requests:

1. 128 players. Games used to increase player count, BF being the leader of this.

2. Scale map size to player count. 1-12 players on server 3 flags, 13-32 5 flags, 33-64 7 flags or full map, 64-128 full map.

3. Platoons. increase squad count to 8 or 10 if 128 players

4. Earn the right to be Squad leader, if at least you need to unlock spawn ability be following orders.

5. Make following orders more rewarding then a high k/d ratio

6. No health regen - thats what a medic class is for

7. Take LMGs away from medics and back to Support please

I play BFBC2 competitively in TWL. I dont hate the game but it does make me feel like BF has lost its true identity. BF3 can only be the game it needs to be if its PC only like BF vietnam, BF2 and BF2142 all these games are better

Comment

those posts are good guys.....but realize that all along dice has said that BFBC2 is NOT a battlefield game, they have stressed this from the very beginning in many, many interviews.
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X