Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield pride

Wrote this up after a night of enduring CG spam, thought I'd share. :D

Are you like me and have leveled up without using the Gustav? If so, know that you are a true battlefield player. You have learned the ways of the rifle and dispatch your enemies with bullets, only using rockets against armor or enemies entrenched behind cover. Others may use the CG and flail about the battlefield spamming overpowered splash damage on enemy infantry, but not you. Cheap gameplay is not in your blood and you play the game with a sense of honor and fair play toward the others on the server. Your skill is your advantage, no matter what firearm you wield. Do not be discouraged if a Gustaver sheds your blood. Even in death, your honor remains. You shall return and his cranial blood will run red on the battlefield and his dishonor known to all. Hold your head high soldier, you are a member of the Battlefield Honor Brigade and carry on the tradition that began in BF1942.

Re: Battlefield pride

Real medics use the Thompson as their primary weapon, not some sissy machine gun :D

Comment

Gustav is a fine weapon for killing people. It's a tool like any other -- fit for some situations and not for others.

Comment

I'm platinum with the Gustav :)
        aka spartan421
        Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

gustav? at4 FTW!! :D

Comment

I've personally banned the gustav from my use list.I don't even have a gold star for it, I wish i could deny using it all together.

Comment

I avoid using the Gustav also. I only pull it out if our team is getting steamrolled after multiple rounds.

Comment

Personally I don't buy into the whole "this weapon or that weapon is noob" - the CG is a tool just like all of the others and has its uses.

I see other forums where players are absolutely agonizing over and arguing about why this weapon should be uses vs some other weapon and it's just silly.

Comment

The CG along with M60 are overpowered. Projectile is fast as bullet, quick reload time, it zooms for long distance accuracy and delivers splash damage which you can't hide from. If a whole team brings CG the game is over. That's what happened in TWL competition. Teams were made out of 6 CG's and 2 M60 and made the game boring until they decided to ban both weapons to make matches more interesting. I have nothing against people that use them while pubbing cause i my self equip them from time to time. I mean its just part of the game. If there was no CG i bet people would complain about RPG or MG36.
                  sigpic

Comment

I guess it boils down to what type of TG player are you.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                      I guess it boils down to what type of TG player are you.
                      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

LOL I'm arguably going to steal that gif from you, Abel.

Comment

I personally hate the CG and will NEVER be using it on a TG server. I regret ever using it on the TG server. It is just extremely overpowered and not fair to the other player. If it was used as it was meant, then I would be fine with it. But its just the players who carry it as their primary who bug me.
                          sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

yep....don't use it at all on people....rarely even at armor. G3 FTW
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
                              Personally I don't buy into the whole "this weapon or that weapon is noob" - the CG is a tool just like all of the others and has its uses.
                              Sure it's noob to rely on overpowered splash damage when I have a perfectly good primary weapon. Add the explosive perk on and it's even worse. That's not Battlefield play, that's COD/Quake. Blowing a hole in a wall with it when there's a sniper holed up in the 3rd floor of the building at C on White Pass is one thing. But even then, I could instead work my way inside and take him out by other means. Tactics and well-aimed lead over splash damage baby! :D

Edit: this message is the opinion of the soldier who posted it ... and I will knife all those who disagree ;)
                              Last edited by Sting79; 10-01-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X